• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TiberFCSL

TiberFCSL
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:03 AM

- I love the campaign loading screens.
- I don't understand why the costs of some units/structures are more expensive than normal, it's not a bad thing, but I don't know if it's a mistake or not.
- The Tiberium and the cliffs needs improving.
- There's something I've always liked about this mod, that its gameplay it's faster than TS, I mean, TS weapons do more damage than regular TS. To me, it's more fun.
- Possible bug: in Nod mission 2 I captured a war factory and the AI sold it, being still mine.
- The TS missions are very good, they're far more difficult, I'll play more of them to give feedback.
- The Harpy doesn't have rotors, that's a mistake because in FMVs it does.
- Titan and MMK II are too small, I suggest to use Rewire's Titan and Shin Peter Pan's MMK II.
- Cool navy, I like it.
- About the unit cameos: some of them have a desert-yellow background style -which can be good because that way can be easily recognizable-, some have a real-life style -which I like the most-, some of them have a blue sky background, etc. I personally don't like this, I think that all the cameos should have just one style, either desert or real-life, it'd look better and give a sense of "order".

I'd suggest to use some of the Rewire's assets as they are pretty good and free to public use (by the words of the mod leader, Gangster). They could fit in the mod, I'm talking specifically about the Tiberium, maybe the cliffs, some voxels, and the Titan.
Anyway, I hope to help and I'll continue playing the mod, it's a pleasure :) .

#2 FS-21

FS-21

Kane lives in death!

• Hosted
  • 531 posts
  • Projects:C&C:Reloaded
  •  Oldbie C&C gamer/modder :P

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

- I love the campaign loading screens.

That generic Nod loding screen for the campaign missions is still incomplete, it will have icons like the RA2/YR missions in future releases.

- I don't understand why the costs of some units/structures are more expensive than normal, it's not a bad thing, but I don't know if it's a mistake or not.

I need examples to know the why of your comment, but I'm "almost" sure that will be no mistake :p

The Tiberium and the cliffs needs improving.

As I said in previous news TS terrain graphical fixes will come in next mod releases. In this one I only fixed the most obvious but there is a lot to do (all the TS thingy is > 1000 files).

- Possible bug: in Nod mission 2 I captured a war factory and the AI sold it, being still mine.

I'll take note. without read the triggers I have a possible idea of why happen & one possible solution. Thanks.

- The TS missions are very good, they're far more difficult, I'll play more of them to give feedback.

That is the most awaited thing I wanted, AI feedback :D
When you say "far more difficult", in what dificulty level we are talking about?

The Harpy doesn't have rotors, that's a mistake because in FMVs it does.

Yes, I know WW mistake but recently I removed he rotors (like in the original voxel) & added similar flying sounds like the TD orca (works in the same way but with anti-infantry weapon) & removed the blades in the icon (and because is hard to me modify parts of videos, if not I would "clean" those rotors from the FMV). The reason to not restore rotor blades as it should be in the TS videos is only because the crappy/bugger "voxel system + Rotors + real aircraft" combo, I never liked how it worked when the Harpy changes direction.

- Titan and MMK II are too small, I suggest to use Rewire's Titan and Shin Peter Pan's MMK II.

I have been working with Titan graphics but will not be done for this release, when I finish (not in this release) I'm going to merge the barrel.
I think that ground units that needs more than 1x1 cells in this game engine are a abomination (this game engine isn't done to support vehicles which requires more that 1x1 cells). Think about the current MMk2 size, it takes a whole 1x1 cell, then think if it was resized a +20% (1.20*TS=RA2 rule), this unit would be too big (breaking the 1x1 rule). If Shin Peter Pan's MMK II use the original units instead of a remake but (as I said) the size is too big then I discard it. Rewire's version is no option since I want the original graphics for the original units (same answer for the Titan version).

- About the unit cameos...

(When you have free time) Can you post a list of those that annoyed you? I want to revise with more detail (I'll be busy these days so I'll take a note for another moment or in the worst case for next releases).

Rewire is a different project with different goals, I like Gangster's HD version of TS, it has by far more quality than the WW version but my subconscious mind would tell me that isn't the same, I'm weird :p. One of the main goals of C&C:R is to have the TS feeling but with Rewire graphics I could not archieve that goal. There would be only one case I could use use a Rewire building but I'll try to not do it. (new unit/buildings aren't affected by what I said)

Thanks for the feedback!

Edited by FS-21, 26 June 2012 - 01:29 PM.

C&C:Reloaded -> 5 different armies: GDI, Nod, Allies, Soviets & Yuri... & converted TS Terrain!!

Discord ] ModDB ] YouTube Channel ] Telegram Channel ] [ Official Forums@Revora ]

#3 TiberFCSL

TiberFCSL
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:33 AM

I need examples to know the why of your comment, but I'm "almost" sure that will be no mistake :p

Light Infantry $150, Nod Power Plant $650, Hand Of Nod $500, etc.

That is the most awaited thing I wanted, AI feedback :D
When you say "far more difficult", in what dificulty level we are talking about?

I'm talking about normal.

Rewire is a different project with different goals, I like Gangster's HD version of TS, it has by far more quality than the WW version but my subconscious mind would tell me that isn't the same, I'm weird :p. One of the main goals of C&C:R is to have the TS feeling but with Rewire graphics I could not archieve that goal. There would be only one case I could use use a Rewire building but I'll try to not do it. (new unit/buildings aren't affected by what I said)

Which one? :p

I have kept on playing and I noticed another bug: that I can't load saved missions. In my TS mod the same thing happened once, and the solution was to check the entire rules.ini line by line for errors.
And I'm testing the Nod missions, but the problem is that I don't remember very well the originals, in fact I remember better the GDI ones. So what I can't tell, are there new missions between the remakes?
More feedback on the cameos coming soon ;) .

#4 FS-21

FS-21

Kane lives in death!

• Hosted
  • 531 posts
  • Projects:C&C:Reloaded
  •  Oldbie C&C gamer/modder :P

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:14 AM

Light Infantry $150, Nod Power Plant $650, Hand Of Nod $500, etc.

Ah, those are adapted RA2 values, like the RA2 damage. Light Infantry $150 because damage/ROF/strength is between GI(undeployed) & conscript, TS factories, Tech centers the same cost RA2 adaption, etc...

Which one? :p

War factories but finally I'll fix the original graphics 2 days before the release because I fixed the annoying problem with the foundation I had since the first public release.

I have kept on playing and I noticed another bug: that I can't load saved missions. In my TS mod the same thing happened once, and the solution was to check the entire rules.ini line by line for errors.
And I'm testing the Nod missions, but the problem is that I don't remember very well the originals, in fact I remember better the GDI ones. So what I can't tell, are there new missions between the remakes?
More feedback on the cameos coming soon ;) .

That bug is a well known Ares limitation/bug. Until they fix it I suggested allow us the possibility to disable those save/load buttons (just for not having to explain everytime that isn't a game/mod bug :p ).
Are "almost"*** exactly the same missions + new AI so not new missions yet.

*** -> "almost" because in some few missions the same enemy had multiple bases so I splitted the enemy in multiple enemies with his own base to produce units etc. In resum, players will be attacked more frequently.

Edited by FS-21, 02 July 2012 - 11:38 AM.

C&C:Reloaded -> 5 different armies: GDI, Nod, Allies, Soviets & Yuri... & converted TS Terrain!!

Discord ] ModDB ] YouTube Channel ] Telegram Channel ] [ Official Forums@Revora ]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users