Photo

No main menu music, please help! [Resolved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tommycrazy1287

Tommycrazy1287
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Location:Frederick, Maryland, USA, SOL III, Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster, Dimension 1287C, Multiverse

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:06 PM

When I first played the mod on my new windows 7 computer, I attempted to use the ctrl-alt-delete method to keep the mod files in the directory so i could extract the rulesmd.ini (i know, i know, but i HATE it when the ai builds TWO OR MORE Epsilon pds at once>-(

It was succesful, but it cost me the ability for my modded game to use the tracks for yuri's revenge as well as the ones that you made (Mind march 2010 forever!!!).

I know it has something to do with a corrupted ra2md.csf file after reading these forums, so the question is, how in the name of all things holy do you get it UNcorrupted?

Please tell me the ra2 cleanup program/total reinstall will do the trick!

oh, btw i have first decade. Seems you can run it with the 1.03 rev 4 patch. (still needs the disk to play mo though;-)

EDIT: yep, ra2 cleanup program + total reinstall did the trick! All hail the speeder of all things mental omega!!!!! :thumbsupdrool: :cow: :xd: :w00t:

Edited by Tommycrazy1287, 08 July 2012 - 11:18 PM.

"You see, multiverse theory's a bitch..."

#2 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:50 AM

Glad you could figure it out. Locking.

#3 Tommycrazy1287

Tommycrazy1287
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Location:Frederick, Maryland, USA, SOL III, Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster, Dimension 1287C, Multiverse

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:24 PM

i feel stupid for not saying this earlier, zeno, but now the mod only plays yuri's revenge music. soz, but this bug is ALOT more complicated than i thought. any advice?

in case anyone else on the forums didn't read my last topic, i have tfd and windows 7, and i STILL have problems with my ra2md.csf.

Again, i aplologize for any inconveinence this has caused you guys. (apparently, this game can make you overlook these details while you are playing it late at night. now THAT is the hallmark of an awesome mod.)

EDIT: thanks for unlocking the topic guys, that was very awesome of you. I also realized that the main cause was discussed by speeder in another post, something about the file being unable to fully extract from itself when the game launches. Hope this helps!!!

Edited by Tommycrazy1287, 09 July 2012 - 03:36 PM.

#4 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts
  •  Parce mihi, Domine, quia Dalmata sum.

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

Did you set the compatibility mode for Yuri's Revenge to Win98?
Also, did you download the soundtrack (2007 - I guess it's 2.0c) as stated here - http://forums.revora...ns/#entry885128 ?

Administrator of CNCNZ.com and EVA Database, the C&C Wiki

You are also welcome to make use of my archives of official files:

C&C File Archive | BFME File Archive | Dune File Archive

#5 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:39 PM

2.0c and 2.0 psi soundtrack are the same. 2.0a and 2.0b were a different set, with better songs IMO.
kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#6 Tommycrazy1287

Tommycrazy1287
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:16 PM

did not download the soundtrack. doing it now. :facepalm:

Edit: Eureka, it works!!!!! Mind March 2010 Forever!!!!!!! :xcahik_: :xcahik_: :xcahik_:

Edited by Tommycrazy1287, 09 July 2012 - 08:29 PM.

#7 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

Then I shall be relocking. If you still have any problems, just PM me, and I'll unlock the topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users