AI's Starting Credits in Skirmish...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

If I remember correctly, the AI in the original RA2 started off with 50 000 credits when a human player starts off with 10 000. What's the value in MO v2.0 and MO v3.0?

Maybe it's just me, but the reason I'm asking this is that after constantly destroying the AI's harvesters/miners (one of the best ways to counter a camper), the AI is still able to build/train so much.

Btw, I'd just like to add that the AI in MO, although still not perfect (eg. Desolators do not deploy and Paradrops are often dropped at the same locations), is noticeably smarter than the original RA2/YR's AI. I love it! :thumbsuphappy:

#2 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,992 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

We can't really change the way AI uses paradrops and Desolator's deploy would probably not be ever nicely used by the AI. All it can do is move them to a specific location (waypoint, building) and deploy them. It would never use them like a human do.

AI has great multipliers to its income, in 3.0 the expert AI's economy is almost untouchable unless you destroy all of its miners and refineries and keep it from collecting any ore. Otherwise it just runs out of money. Harassing AI's harvesters is probably not the best thing you can do against it. That's what you should do against human players.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users