• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 generalcamo

generalcamo
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:02 AM

So, let me get this cleared out:

The USA is focused on speed and survivability at first. With units like the Stryker and the Bulldog, they can mount small strikes, destroy a few things, then run away before they die. Armor isn't too great though. Later on, this is phased out to raw firepower while keeping survivability. The Abrams has a very powerful cannon that can destroy most tanks, and a laser cannon that can fry infantry. The Aeroblaze shoots Jets out of the sky before the pilots even have a warning light. This comes at a cost however as support powers for unit support are non-existent.

The EU is focused on firepower at first. The Archon and Cavalier are armored and strong for a teir one unit. They can mount quick assaults on bases earlier then most. However, these units are more costly then counterparts. Later on, this is phased out for support powers. Prism tanks and Thor Gunships can supplement Cavaliers and Charons, and Comet fences and Force Shields can keep the base safe. However, only the Prism tank has a long range, and it is extremely weak. The EU is also the most costly faction.

The Pacific Front is focused on Mobility at first. Hover tanks and cheap Mechas can spam the battlefield, using normally inaccessable terrain to their advantage. Speed and Armor is sacrificed however. Later on, this is traded in for Range and Versatility. The Blizzard tank can freeze almost all ground units, while the Zephyr can cover the whole map to destroy a target. The Battle Fortress has Full Versatility, able to change roles with just some infantry swapping. Lack of a good Battle Tank gives them a rather severe weakness however.

Based on what I have been following in the mod for a while, this is what I am getting. Is what I am getting right?

Edited by generalcamo, 29 July 2012 - 02:03 AM.

#2 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:13 AM

Wrong. Totally. Entirely. What did you followed?

EA is about turtling and armors. Charons, Cavaliers, Mirages, Archons and it even gets better with Thor's or Siegfried's deploy.... it's the tough nut which you can't really break up if used in full potential. Force Shields are really good when you need a sudden defense against Barracudas.

US is about rapid deployment, maybe more on firepower than EA. With Bloodhounds and Airborne, relatively fast units (IIRC they have the best average speed) you just never can be sure that all of a sudden an American battalion appears out of nowhere. Survivability... maybe, sole point in that is that Abrams can fire on the move.

PF is the closeset you hit but even lategame they are mobile. Ask Norio. :p Zephyr can only cover the fuill map with the beacon tho. Otherwise it's a mere antitank arty with a good range. But I'd say PF is more costly than EA since a good BF combo is really expensive... not to mention that Tsurugis are mere powersuits, so you have to have an infantry to operate them. Tho yeah, the recent beta actually yet again made PF OP and it's kinda wtf. Tho... maybe Blizzard Tank became a good tank, haven't checked out yet.
kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#3 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:53 AM

So, let me get this cleared out:

The USA is focused on speed and survivability at first. With units like the Stryker and the Bulldog, they can mount small strikes, destroy a few things, then run away before they die. Armor isn't too great though. Later on, this is phased out to raw firepower while keeping survivability. The Abrams has a very powerful cannon that can destroy most tanks Not really, it's not the best T3 tank around but it's the most versatile, and a laser cannon that can fry infantry. The Aeroblaze shoots Jets out of the sky before the pilots even have a warning light. This comes at a cost however as support powers for unit support are non-existent.No, they have the most support powers, though two of them resolve around paradrops.

The EU is focused on firepower at first. Eh I guess. The Archon and Cavalier are armored and strong for a teir one unit. They can mount quick assaults on bases earlier then most. Nah, they're strong but they can be outrun by the others. Archon is somewhat slow for a T1 vehicle. However, these units are more costly then counterparts. Later on, this is phased out for support powers. No, they don't have too many support powers. Only the Force Shield. Prism tanks and Thor Gunships can supplement Cavaliers and Charons, and Comet fences and Force Shields can keep the base safe. However, only the Prism tank has a long range, and it is extremely weak. The EU is also the most costly faction No, probably Pacific Front is.

The Pacific Front is focused on Mobility at first. No, Kappa Tank is the slowest. Tsurugi isn't super fast either. Hover tanks and cheap Mechas can spam the battlefield, using normally inaccessable terrain to their advantage Kappas yes. Speed and Armor is sacrificed however. Later on, this is traded in for Range and Versatility. The Blizzard tank can freeze almost all ground units, infantry while the Zephyr can cover the whole map to destroy a target only with Zephyr Beacon, otherwise T2 anti-tank arty. The Battle Fortress has Full Versatility, able to change roles with just some infantry swapping. Lack of a good Battle Tank gives them a rather severe weakness however Eh, I'd argue about this

Based on what I have been following in the mod for a while, this is what I am getting. Is what I am getting right?

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#4 Jargalhurts

Jargalhurts

Mental Face

• Project Team
  • 328 posts
  • Projects:Nothing worth showing off.
  •  Actually Yngwie of House Malmsteen.

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:45 PM

generalcamo, be patient. staff is releasing a new series of videos to explain about subfactions, their specialty and weaknesses. And as stated above, your analysis is abysmally inaccurate.

Edited by Jargalhurts, 29 July 2012 - 01:41 PM.

Actually Yngwie of Haus Malmsteen, feefty eenches of pure Svwedish beef.

#5 generalcamo

generalcamo
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:47 PM

Your website unit descriptions are horribly wrong then. That is how I got these conclusions.

And who said anything about the pacific front having speed? I mean they can deploy quickly (the mecha is cheap, according to the website (450$)), and the Hover Tank can cross dangerous terrain. Mobility /= speed.

Paradrops aren't unit support powers. They are Battalion support powers, but not Unit. But I just noticed you added the Target Painter support power though. So I guess that changes things.

Thor Gunship? And I consider the Charon Tank a support unit, as you shouldn't put that thing in the frontlines. And it is costly: The Thor Gunship is the most expensive unit in the entire arsenal. Quick assaults refer to the fact that they can bring more firepower to the battlefield quicker then most, due to having more firepower. Not that they can deploy quickly.

#6 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:31 PM

How are they horribly wrong? The only thing that truly shows the gameplay style of each subfaction is gameplay itself and not some descriptions on the website. They're there to serve general information about units.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#7 Jargalhurts

Jargalhurts

Mental Face

• Project Team
  • 328 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

Your website unit descriptions are horribly wrong then. That is how I got these conclusions.

1.And who said anything about the pacific front having speed? I mean they can deploy quickly (the mecha is cheap, according to the website (450$)), and the Hover Tank can cross dangerous terrain. Mobility /= speed.

2.Paradrops aren't unit support powers. They are Battalion support powers, but not Unit. But I just noticed you added the Target Painter support power though. So I guess that changes things.

3.Thor Gunship? And I consider the Charon Tank a support unit, as you shouldn't put that thing in the frontlines. And it is costly: The Thor Gunship is the most expensive unit in the entire arsenal. Quick assaults refer to the fact that they can bring more firepower to the battlefield quicker then most, due to having more firepower. Not that they can deploy quickly.

1. Tsurugi fails without a pilot. Seeing that the cheapest Allied infantry is the G.I. You'll need 600$ to get a functional Tsurugi. And 850$ if you want an anti-air Tsurugi. So, in a way, Tsurugi is the most expensive Tier 1 anti-air unit.

And by the way, mobility is speed on some parts. A unit isn't that mobile if it's slow as shit.

2. Yeah, that does. And why should US bother having support powers that empowers units if they have TWO support powers that gives you more units?

3. Thor HAS firepower, it's weapons is just commonly underestimated. And, just because it's expensive doesn't mean it's not spammable. :p It's fairly independent and doesn't need other unit's help to maintain survival.

Remember, the staff and the testers have the beta, not you. They tried those units and wrote the descriptions that suits it. And you're just making a bunch of statements about them not being able to write an accurate description. Mind what you say next time.

Edited by Jargalhurts, 29 July 2012 - 03:17 PM.

#8 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:55 PM

the mecha is cheap, according to the website (450$)

The mecha is useless without a driver, it acts like a disabled Robot Tank without one. So yeah, if you plan to spam them, be sure to have operators too... that's why it's cheap, add a GGI to get a standard IFV. And wow, you're on the cost of a Stryker.

the Hover Tank can cross dangerous terrain. Mobility /= speed.

Robot Tank too. And that dangerous terrain here is called as water. No other significant difference, but it is a good tactical advantage on maps with heavy navy use (Paradox Spiral). Still US is more mobile with it's cheaper forces: read you can have more of those. 3 Bulldogs and 2 Kappas... almost at the same cost. Guess which one is more mobile.

Thor Gunship? And I consider the Charon Tank a support unit, as you shouldn't put that thing in the frontlines. And it is costly: The Thor Gunship is the most expensive unit in the entire arsenal. Quick assaults refer to the fact that they can bring more firepower to the battlefield quicker then most, due to having more firepower. Not that they can deploy quickly.

Thor is actually spammable, it doesn't rely on other units to be fearful. Unlike Battle Fortress which relies on infantry, while itself being the main T3 force at PF thereby PF is the costliest. Charon is actually quite useful sometimes. But if you call Charon support then Siegfried is support too.

We did checked the stuff. I am also against some of the design flaws in this mod but it's not within Allies, The description are accurate, but you took the wrong assumptions from it.

Edited by Graion Dilach, 29 July 2012 - 02:55 PM.

kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

#9 Jargalhurts

Jargalhurts

Mental Face

• Project Team
  • 328 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

the mecha is cheap, according to the website (450$)

The mecha is useless without a driver, it acts like a disabled Robot Tank without one. So yeah, if you plan to spam them, be sure to have operators too... that's why it's cheap, add a GGI to get a standard IFV. And wow, you're on the cost of a Stryker.

Uhhh, Graion. Adding GGI will make it 850$. And when was the last time you saw a Stryker with that price?

#10 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:25 PM

Meh, I thought even anti-air T1s got decreased their price same how other mods actually did it.
kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

#11 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

Infantry has been made cheaper in recent beta's.

#12 Jargalhurts

Jargalhurts

Mental Face

• Project Team
  • 328 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

Infantry has been made cheaper in recent beta's.

GGI isn't, Graion checked an hour ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users