Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:35 AM

So the direction I want to help Revora with is taking it to YouTube. Not only do we get lots of attention from well orchestrated channels, but we also earn money. But a channel requires lots of time, attention to detail and content. We may be able to get the first two thingys right, but we lack many content. So what I wanted to do is start up my own channel. I JUST got done setting it up, and I want to start planning things to get it marketable. If I can accomplish that (with your people's help) then I can get started on more serious content featured on our Revora channel. Doing just that alone probably can't get high ratings, so that's why I think doing my own channel dedicated to good information and poor comedy can help accomplish our low rating issue. So check out my channel so far:

https://www.youtube....asidon/featured

Yea... spent quite some time designing the art and layout. I got a really professional channel, now I just need content. That's where we all come in. Now that we're all best friends on Steam, we can get together and start gaming together, all while I record it. I'm not talking stoopid 'Let's Play' crap, we'll be giving quality information about game content while sturdy improve comedy is established. Since we have lots of mods here as well, I can also take personal or co-op playthroughs of mod content to show it off. There's a lot we can do, but help me out my subscribing. Awhile ago, I also asked if anyone wanted to do podcasts and stuff, and that goes along with this. It's all coming full circle... it's like I planned this to happen or something.

Edited by {IP}Pasidon, 04 August 2012 - 10:07 AM.

#2 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:47 AM

I'm Pasidon, and I have YouTube channel on internet place. Now you can watch your least favorite internet celebrity be a negative Nancy to gaming, media and movie content. No silly 'Lets Plays' or pirating... just good ol' information, entertainment and really bad comedy.

Team Revora

Have hate-mail? Send it to pasidonofchaos@hotmail.com

Really inspiring. I'll subscribe, and if you could, when we get a good release out, do a walkthrough of FB2G, I think the team would very much appreciate it.

"Everyone's a hero when there's nowhere left to run."

Auxiliary Skarn, 2333rd Cohort

#3 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

Yea, I'll just need to find my BFME disk. That would really be an epic start.

Now is your inspiration highly sarcastic or very mistaken?

#4 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:21 AM

Well, mostly sarcastic, but it inspires me cause I know you're crazy. Also, don't expect a release too soon. Just hope.

#5 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:32 AM

Right, I don't expect a release anytime soon from any of our mods.

#6 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

I think the Revora channel could be reasonably popular if we could get some more videos up especially regularly but to do that we require someone who can devote time to it.
So some of your ideas sort of work in with I was thinking for the Revora channel.
As a whole Revora needs to get more professional, more organised, more active and more promotional.

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#7 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:57 PM

The problem right now is content for the Revora channel. Most of our projects don't have enough going on to produce content on a daily basis. Me babbling about isn't what the channel should be about since the Revora channel should be more about the projects than the comedy, and that's half of what I'm offering. And yes, we need to get to the point of having video content on a daily basis. That's how most successful YouTube channels operate. You create content that lots of people like, and if you do it daily, then you put them in a position where you practically force them to subscribe to you. They don't want to miss any content. And not to mention, the more videos we post the more ad revenue is generated.

#8 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:22 AM

Adverts on YouTube videos are fucking annoying so that would be a shame. I don't think daily vids are required either, I mean why not you or others play through released mods and at least create some kind of show reel for the community. Obviously seeing mod updates as they develop would be nice but, just like games, mods should be released and then actually played rather than having people just waiting for the next update so playing currently released mods or organising tournaments and commentating would work. Make a series of Let's Plays based on Revora mods.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:09 AM

A community on youtube is built more on regular updating than daily.
If you post videos once a week on Fridays for instance the numbers will slowly grow.
Once your established then you can move to daily.

I think our best bet is to build off of Contra's success since it's more or less our biggest mod.
We can get people to make LPs, cinematics and other types of videos for it.

#10 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:56 AM

Yea, making a wide showcase of our mods would be nice. And some interviews with the creators is also a plus. One good mod or map can provide lots of content, so I do want to spread it out appropriately but also make enough to get people to keep coming back.

Adverts on YouTube videos are fucking annoying so that would be a shame.

Har... all ads are annoying. But that's just how revenue is made.

#11 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  • Projects:Middle-Earth Expanded
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:58 AM

I have a few minecraft videos of me and some friends playing... unfortunately it was for promoting my minecraft clan a while back. sadly they died out due to real life stuff. You could still use the videos tho. I also have a few fb2g videos we could probably release. I also could do some other video things. I have a pretty good video making computer. Most stuff in HD. So i could make any kind. I have bfme, minecraft, CV, aoeIII, umm and a bunch of bfme mods. and a few specially made programs and such. so if you need videos i can get 10 min clips up in about 1 hour. if that. HD 30 second clips take about 2 min. 1 min to upload the other to process.. all depends on video content and how big the file is.

Anyways just gimmi a yell or something and i will see if i can get a few clips up.

#12 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:19 PM

Handy dandy. If not my channel, then that sort of content would be good for the Revora channel. I might try and avoid lots of Minecraft content since it seems lots of channels do Minecraft one day and continue to do so. But yea, the two of us can do something eventually, but the videos you have now may not be able to contribute since they don't have any of our projects being featured, and that's the main direction with Revora's channel.

#13 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  • Projects:Middle-Earth Expanded
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

well it kind of does. all the minecraft i did was done through my server. which i in turn gave you passwords and such to. so it is connected in a very vague way. :p

#14 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

By the way, for whomsoever moderates the Revora Youtube Channel, if you speak in 'text language' (if indeed that is classifiable as a language), I will personally persecute you.

#15 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

Now I have to use Text language.

#16 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

Har-de-har... yea, the Revora Channel is chewed up and covered in unpasteurized milk. Needs work. And I'm curious of who moderates it as well... Phil?

#17 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:51 AM

Yeah he set it up and I set up the playlists.

Anyone interested in creating a background for the Revora channel?
Something that looks more polished than what's there.

#18 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:01 AM

No. ...

Oh, fine. I'll just use my layout, but make it clouds and stuff. That'll take like 3 minutes.

And here, use this for the site avatar:

Posted Image

It's the same one I used for the Steam account.

#19 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:49 PM

Updated.
Unfortunately it doesn't look like Youtube will let me change the thumbnail view.

#20 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:29 PM

Look at the big link to Revora's channel on my channel. Looks good there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users