#1 GMC.Phantom

GMC.Phantom
  • Division Leaders
  • 134 posts
  • Division:Commandos HQ
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:38 AM

Hello to everybody,
it has been a while since hte last release of DP 1.41, I saw that in the meanwhile there have been quite a few more improvements and new missions released. Therefore I was thinking of making a new repack and updating the version to 1.42. I would like to do it with your collaboration, taking in new ideas for improvements, bug fixes and including new missions.
I will start with these ideas taken around the forum:

- I suggest fixing the Castle Colditz bug, where the "Eliminate all officers" or so secondary objective is shown as completed from the beginning.

- less infinite ammo weapons.

- In optional missions, all commandos must have same abilities as in original commandos missions (recheck, tr3 and tr4 for that)

- check this site for new missions to add http://pan.baidu.com...ername=wyel2000

- test quicksave, quickload bug on colditz

- eliminate dog patrols

you are all welcome to contribute with your suggestions!
+let's start gathering :)

Attached Thumbnails

• a new 3d work called (Jack Champion) By Mehdi Seylani from  IRAN.jpg

#2 AndrewT

AndrewT
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:25 PM

my idea would be a build of
- original c2 missions, plus
- integrated c3 missions without any change
- integrated c1bel + c1btcod missions without any change

so all the factory-maps of the 3-4 games for c2, and in a different build all the custom made maps

#3 FH Naseer

FH Naseer

fhnaseer

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:58 AM

i think that adding origional c2 missions will be a bad idea, after playing 1.41 origional mission looks very noob, so it will be better if we go with modded missions,
and yes all missions of bel and btcod should be added, bel 2 missions were added and i m hoping all wll be present in next update.

extrano is on holidays he has fixed some bugs and his changes will be good to add,

#4 AndrewT

AndrewT
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:02 AM

@FH Naseer: you're right, my idea was to have each and every mission integrated under C2 for those that want to have a clean and exact copy of all available Pyro-made maps, and the mod maps should be an optional addon for them.

#5 extrano1955

extrano1955

title available

• Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:08 AM

The problem of add original missions is the parlglobal, the original missions can be nice, but more easy, for example in original c2 you always start with infinite pistol, with infinite pistol you can kill all easily with x button. In 1.41 the commandos are so strong, is good becouse the missions of 1.41 are really hard and is necessary, I always desing the missions with 1.41 parlglobal, If the parlglobal be change some missions can be impossible. but original c2 will be easy with this parlglobal.
I will back in September, my conection are not good this month, but I can read the mail and the forum. I wait 1.42 impatient :)

#6 FH Naseer

FH Naseer

fhnaseer

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:05 PM

i have 2 installation of commandos, (actually there are 3), one is simple 1.20, one is 1.41 and one is 1.41 with all new missions included, so if i want to play origional (which i really dont want to) i cant play 1.20,

#7 FH Naseer

FH Naseer

fhnaseer

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

there are very few people who are interesting in playing old origional missions as there are hardly new players, all are old players so adding origional missions will be increasing update size,

#8 FH Naseer

FH Naseer

fhnaseer

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:08 PM

one suggestion for 1.42 update, are we going to have a single setup (patch, exe, zip) file which will contains all missions from 1.20 to 1.42 or we are going with old way, like first install 1.41, then install c3, then dark territory, and then 1.42 update,

i think only one update should be enough which will update either 1.20, 1.00 or 1.41 to 1.42,

#9 GMC.Phantom

GMC.Phantom
  • Division Leaders
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:39 PM

Concerning the updates, I want to make only one .exe that contains every update released so far, like done for 1.40 so including all the missions and fixes. I would also like to make it a common work from now on so that everybody can contribute and update the game. I was thinking of something like a local repository on Commandos HQ and a Wiki for the modding so that all the pople can give their contribution and compile a new install of the game to download whenever they want it. That would be the top goal.

#10 senderj

senderj
  • Members
  • 49 posts
  • Projects:Destination Paris Update 1.42

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

I agree. The original missions from 1.20 are far too easy, it's exactly this reason that gives birth to 1.41 and a whole set of more difficult missions. Players new to Commandos 2 can first familiarize with the 1.20, and then download the 1.41 and play the more difficult missions.
When 1.42 containing all the new updates are released, we'll only need 2 folders to play all the missions (1.20+1.42). If any new missions are created by modders after 1.42 is released, we could change the misiones.dat and add the new missions at the end of the mission list, so the coop gameplay will not be affected.

#11 FH Naseer

FH Naseer

fhnaseer

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:14 AM

looks fine, are we going to change commandos uniform, i hate green berret blue uniform, is it going to be changed, someone agrees with me,

#12 senderj

senderj
  • Members
  • 49 posts
  • Projects:Destination Paris Update 1.42

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:03 AM

It's easy to change models of commandos XD
As I see from the codes, the green beret has many models (blue, light green, dark green, white etc.)

#13 GMC.Phantom

GMC.Phantom
  • Division Leaders
  • 134 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:33 PM

I am studying different possibilities to make the new Destination Paris update a combined effort of work of all us, so that we can work in parallel on the mod like a team! I think Google has just the instruments we need, simple to use, yet effective in their functionalities. Stay tuned...

#14 FH Naseer

FH Naseer

fhnaseer

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:05 PM

waiting boss,

#15 GMC.Phantom

GMC.Phantom
  • Division Leaders
  • 134 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:04 AM

ok, so one instrument is going to be Google Drive, start reading here for more info:

presentation:
https://drive.google...0#my-drive#home

F.A.Q.s
http://support.googl...=9197&ctx=topic

#16 extrano1955

extrano1955

title available

• Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:28 AM

Sound nice, I will upload secret meeting part 2 in google drive when I will finish.

#17 GMC.Phantom

GMC.Phantom
  • Division Leaders
  • 134 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:41 AM

wait, we will be using only one drive, I will communicate my proposal for the way I think we should work here. We can discuss the improvements as soon as I know who will be part of the team.
For those wanting to be part of the team and have access to the most updated version of C2:DP in development plus participate in creating new missions and bettering the modding tutorials, please write it down in this post

#18 FH Naseer

FH Naseer

fhnaseer

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:14 PM

google drive gives you only 5 gb, skydrive gives you more space,

#19 FH Naseer

FH Naseer

fhnaseer

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:16 PM

well i want to be associated with next mod,

#20 GMC.Phantom

GMC.Phantom
  • Division Leaders
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:26 PM

FH Naseer do you have a gmail account? so that I can grant you access to the new subsite and the C2:DP source files?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users