gathering ideas

• Please log in to reply
1344 replies to this topic

#1281 Penjats

Penjats
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 12:17 PM

First of all I want to congratulate the authors of this mod that has allowed me to recover a game with which I had enjoyed a lot.

I am not an expert player, it costs me a lot to finish the missions in easy mode.

I am currently playing the mission L20 Sad Past and I cannot open the cell where the captain that I must rescue is located. I have the picks but I can't open the door. I have eliminated all the "bad boys", I have rescued the rest of the allies, but I cannot free the captain.

Do this also happen to someone else? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

#1282 Buren

Buren
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 09:51 AM

Commandos 2 Destination paris 2.3 Update
1: Install the original game commandos 2 men of courage
2: Install 2.0 in same folder:
alternative link:
3: Install 2.1 update in same folder:
4: Install 2.2 update in same folder:
5: Install 2.3 update in same folder:
Other interesting stuff:
Facebook group, a god choice to find new players:
Revora foum:
---------------------
Information about Comm2P.exe:
Is a modified version of comm2.exe you can find it in the directory of 2.0, it have some improves like resolution screen, use harpoon in land or show enemies alive pressing F6. The missions with 2P in the list need the 2p version for run.
Unfortunetely some antvirus software keep blocking the 2p version and the creator says isn´t a virus but we dont know how to fix this problem. Anyway you can keep running comm2.exe or debug version as always.

I have version 2.

Can I upgrade to 2.3 directly, without going through 2.1 and 2.2?

My compassion for you is inconvenient for me  ~Hannibal Lecter

#1283 Buren

Buren
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 09:56 AM

First of all I want to congratulate the authors of this mod that has allowed me to recover a game with which I had enjoyed a lot.

I am not an expert player, it costs me a lot to finish the missions in easy mode.

I am currently playing the mission L20 Sad Past and I cannot open the cell where the captain that I must rescue is located. I have the picks but I can't open the door. I have eliminated all the "bad boys", I have rescued the rest of the allies, but I cannot free the captain.

Do this also happen to someone else? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

If I remember correctly I used grenade to open the door (if there is any)

There are couple of version about this, so I'm not really sure which one is Sad Past, but if you have grenade or bazooka, feel free to use them!

When I looked at my thread, this mission is considered solved, so that must be it.

Because I do remember there was one other mission when I didn't have those as well and couldn't open the door. 

The problem about playing these mods, there seem to be more creators than other players in the forum, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Some missions with issues go unsolved and questions are hardly addressed, unfortunately.

But despite all that, there are still a lot of fun and excellent missions.

Good luck!

My compassion for you is inconvenient for me  ~Hannibal Lecter

#1284 extrano1955

extrano1955

title available

• Members
  • 666 posts

Posted 14 July 2021 - 01:16 PM

alternative link:
Other interesting stuff:
Revora foum:
---------------------
Is a modified version of comm2.exe you can find it in the directory of 2.0, it have some improves like resolution screen, use harpoon in land or show enemies alive pressing F6. The missions with 2P in the list need the 2p version for run.
Unfortunetely some antvirus software keep blocking the 2p version and the creator says isn´t a virus but we dont know how to fix this problem. Anyway you can keep running comm2.exe or debug version as always.

I have version 2.

Can I upgrade to 2.3 directly, without going through 2.1 and 2.2?

No, you need to install all upgrades in order, otherwise some content will be missing

#1285 sigismondo75

sigismondo75
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 06:02 AM

I always have the same problem that the game does not start on win10, how can I solve it? i have the steam version as the original game

#1286 FiPfcHunt3r

FiPfcHunt3r
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 July 2021 - 04:39 PM

Hey people.

I just remembered something that had happened to me years ago while playing Commandos 3. I reinstalled the game and tried to reproduce the same situation, I succeeded to record the thing, check this out:

https://vimeo.com/578862043

Two questions:

- Has this ever happened to someone else here? That might look like nothing special to some people; but to me... this kind of behaviour was so astonishing to see since it has literally never happened to me before, at the time I completely froze when I saw that, I just let the officer kill my man looking at it. And of course in my knowledge, it happens only in this mission, with that officer enemy (unless I'm wrong?) ... That mission is a no-alert-allowed one, then since that behaviour doesn't trigger the alert, do you think they coded that especially in order to offer some possible gunfights in this mission? Maybe I'm just extrapolating here.

- Since Commandos 3 is kinda the same system as Commandos 2, do you think we can import this "capacity" into Destination Paris to implement them into foes' possible reactions when spotting a commandos? Seriously, I think that's a very interesting behaviour from enemy soldiers, and I would like to see it more often if possible. I just find so shame when there is something like that that has been coded, and animated, in order to be used only once in the whole game.

Edited by FiPfcHunt3r, 24 July 2021 - 04:48 PM.

#1287 subzero7

subzero7
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2021 - 12:20 AM

where can i find the most recent download link and install instructions for Commandos 2: Destination Paris ?

#1288 extrano1955

extrano1955

title available

• Members
  • 666 posts

Posted 02 August 2021 - 12:51 PM

here, read up the post #1285

where can i find the most recent download link and install instructions for Commandos 2: Destination Paris ?

#1289 wow4ever

wow4ever
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2021 - 09:35 AM

alternative link:
Other interesting stuff:
Revora foum:
---------------------

extrano1955, thank you for all your work!

I've been playing on my laptop but got a new desktop.

but comm2p.exe hangs or closes after a few seconds.

i've tried opening it with admin privileges, with compatibility mode, but nothing works.

I suspect it's a resolution or multi monitor issue. I've had similar issues when running on my laptop with external monitors.

do you have any suggestions for this? or is there a way to set the resolution/fullscreen mode before running the game?

thank you again for your contribution!

#1290 extrano1955

extrano1955

title available

• Members
  • 666 posts

Posted 23 September 2021 - 01:23 PM

alternative link:
Other interesting stuff:
Revora foum:
---------------------

extrano1955, thank you for all your work!

I've been playing on my laptop but got a new desktop.

but comm2p.exe hangs or closes after a few seconds.

i've tried opening it with admin privileges, with compatibility mode, but nothing works.

I suspect it's a resolution or multi monitor issue. I've had similar issues when running on my laptop with external monitors.

do you have any suggestions for this? or is there a way to set the resolution/fullscreen mode before running the game?

thank you again for your contribution!

Did you run original comm2.exe once? it should say measuring performance

#1291 goldensoul

goldensoul
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 December 2021 - 02:35 PM

Why comm2p.exe is Chinese Language Version? How can I switch to English Language?

#1292 alexnos88

alexnos88
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2021 - 01:32 PM

Hi there! what an awesome extension pack! new missions are good, but new MAPS are awesome!!

one question to extrano1955 - I use DP2.3, in the "ex4 below freezing point" I have two issues: 1) green beret is dying when the car is arriving in the very beginning, and when it happened the camera shakes like during the blow up. Don't know what is this...
2) when sniper exits the tent - he is in some strange location - he can't go almost nowhere, and all the buildings on the map are blurred.

Hope you know how to fix this. Maybe something wrong in the 2.3 version?

maybe someone can send 2.0 version maps for this mission?

#1293 alexnos88

alexnos88
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2021 - 07:42 PM

Why comm2p.exe is Chinese Language Version? How can I switch to English Language?

I think I saw options to install Eng or Ch version. I think you will need to reinstall C2DP once again to set Eng version to be installed.

#1294 extrano1955

extrano1955

title available

• Members
  • 666 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 10:16 PM

Hi there! what an awesome extension pack! new missions are good, but new MAPS are awesome!!

one question to extrano1955 - I use DP2.3, in the "ex4 below freezing point" I have two issues: 1) green beret is dying when the car is arriving in the very beginning, and when it happened the camera shakes like during the blow up. Don't know what is this...
2) when sniper exits the tent - he is in some strange location - he can't go almost nowhere, and all the buildings on the map are blurred.

Hope you know how to fix this. Maybe something wrong in the 2.3 version?

maybe someone can send 2.0 version maps for this mission?

All is normal in EX4. If you kill the lieutenant inside of the truck the other 2 soldiers will notice and shoot you. The sniper purpose is to snip enemies in all map. He can use W in so many places in his map, then press A to use sniper. He can´t go to main map, he is on top mountain watching all and supporting Green Beret.

#1295 extrano1955

extrano1955

title available

• Members
  • 666 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 10:17 PM

Commandos 2 destination paris 2.4 update

1:  Install the original game commandos 2 men of courage
2:  Install 2.0 in same folder:

alternative link:

6: Install 2.4 update in same folder:

Other interesting stuff:

Revora foum:

---------------------

#1296 Uzbek2020

Uzbek2020
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 December 2021 - 11:44 PM

Всем привет, подскажите есть ли этот мод на русском, желательно  последняя версия)?

Hello everyone, tell me if there is this mod in Russian, preferably the latest version for now ) ?

Edited by Uzbek2020, 14 December 2021 - 11:46 PM.

dc0d4a681a73.gif

#1297 extrano1955

extrano1955

title available

• Members
  • 666 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 07:22 PM

No, only english and chinese. The game dont replace main audios of the original game so you still can listen original briefing and yes sir russian voice acting If you have russian 1.0 or 1.2

Всем привет, подскажите есть ли этот мод на русском, желательно  последняя версия)?

Hello everyone, tell me if there is this mod in Russian, preferably the latest version for now ) ?

#1298 Uzbek2020

Uzbek2020
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 December 2021 - 05:08 AM

Do you use this improvement in video quality in your mod ?

https://reshade.me/

dc0d4a681a73.gif

#1299 extrano1955

extrano1955

title available

• Members
  • 666 posts

Posted 19 December 2021 - 12:20 PM

No, I didn´t create the comm2p.exe

#1300 thanghqd

thanghqd
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 10:54 AM

Help me!!! Do you have the walkthrough of Commandos destination Paris 2.0 mission 3 : White death

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users