1344 replies to this topic

#41 GMC.Phantom

GMC.Phantom
  • Division Leaders
  • 134 posts
  • Division:Commandos HQ
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:58 AM

that would mean to convert the maps to c2, are you aware of that?

#42 FH Naseer

FH Naseer

fhnaseer

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:20 AM

no i dont know how to convert those maps but recently 2 missions of bel were made part of c2, if we are going to add all bel maps in next update then we should add sinp as well as the process of translating bel and sinp will be same,

#43 GMC.Phantom

GMC.Phantom
  • Division Leaders
  • 134 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

this is true, but it is quite a lot of work, Wyel2000 created the two BEL missions, he said it was no easy work.. but I agree that having all BEL missions in C2 would be very cool!
let's see if the team can somehow split the workload. We will need some guiding info from Wyel2000!

#44 FH Naseer

FH Naseer

fhnaseer

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:48 PM

ok,

#45 extrano1955

extrano1955

title available

• Members
  • 666 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

Who want create the trailer of destination paris? senderj and me are thinking in do it. If anyone want help or have any idea tell it :)

#46 Jeroen

Jeroen
  • Members
  • 235 posts
  • Projects:Commandos BEL är bara smörja.

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

What format would the trailer have to be in?

#47 senderj

senderj
  • Members
  • 49 posts
  • Projects:Destination Paris Update 1.42

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:53 AM

Any format that can be uploaded to youtube is ok.
But now we are gathering ideas about what to include in the trailer.

#48 canstay

canstay
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:54 AM

what about the trailer for?

#49 senderj

senderj
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:53 PM

The trailer is for the update 1.42

#50 FH Naseer

FH Naseer

fhnaseer

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:56 PM

one simple question, why 1.42, why not 1.50 or 2.00,

#51 herbert3000

herbert3000

Guilty Until Proven Innocent

• Division Admins
  • 593 posts
  • Job:Division Admin

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:24 AM

Converting the static elements (Y64,MA2,SEC) of a BEL map to C2 is not a big deal, this can be done in about 10 minutes because it's all automated (btw, since yesterday it's possible to scale up the BEL/BCD maps, see screenshots) . The hard work is recreating the MIS and GSC files as close to the orignal mission as possible (I'm glad I never had to do this stuff).

Image 1: Current BEL->C2 conversion - Image 2: Updated map (scaled up by the factor 1.3)
bcd01_544.jpg screenshot4.jpg

And I had a deep conversation with Coralsundy about the SINP maps converted to C2. After all we came to the conclusion that we wouldn't support the conversion. Mainly because SINP was always meant to be an expansion for BEL (not even BCD), to honor this unique game. I'm really sorry but I hope you guys can understand this decision.

#52 senderj

senderj
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:18 AM

Since this is a mod, I think it's possible that we make a few adjustments to the original BEL missions.
And if all the BEL and BCD maps are available, they can be open to modders to create new missions as well :thumbsuphappy:

By the way, are the C3 maps converted with the same method ? (Now the biggest problem is the overlapping of the map and the soldiers)

#53 GMC.Phantom

GMC.Phantom
  • Division Leaders
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:10 PM

I think that if we all work together, we can recreate the Commandos BEL missions as well! If somebod can share the converted static files (Y64,MA2,SEC) on the team site, we can start from there and create the .mis + .gsc files
In my free time (once I will have some) I can contribute to that.
The C3 missions will be also converted, check this thread and see where (and if) you can help! http://forums.revora...ng/page__st__40

#54 herbert3000

herbert3000

Guilty Until Proven Innocent

• Division Admins
  • 593 posts
  • Job:Division Admin

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:54 AM

Here are the first two scaled BEL maps.
http://www.mediafire...3c97g5iwq4sgipg
http://www.mediafire...6faas1db7p8dc5l
I also created the water masks for the MA2 files, so the water is dynamic now!

And here you can see the original BEL map and the same map in C2:
BEL.jpg C2.jpg

Optional download: the height of the sectors wasn't scaled correctly, here are the fixed SEC files:
Attached File  TU01_TU02_secfix.zip   82.82KB   330 downloads

#55 GMC.Phantom

GMC.Phantom
  • Division Leaders
  • 134 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:06 AM

Fantastic work!
you can upload all this material on Google Drive, create a BEL folder in which you can store all this material so that we can work on it together to recreate the missions and integrate them in DP 1.42!
I can work on that too!

#56 extrano1955

extrano1955

title available

• Members
  • 666 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:06 PM

I was fixing bugs in my missions. I can upload my work but I dont know what to do in K4 fight till dawn. I created a inicial briefing: it contains 1 photo with text and next start a film. I made one briefing in the same map in night. But If I add a night map, all shadows will dissapear in the day. I think is impossible fix this problem.
So, I recorded the game and I added the film to the start briefing. Work perfect but the film is too high: 385Mb in AVI. There are 2 options; I upload the film, or I upload the blank mission with the briefing and when the briefing end, the mission end. The name of the mission can be "before of k4" or something. And the next mission will be k4. What I should do?

I was fixing more missions. In "desperate times" I deleted all unused maps wich I added, I fixed problems with the animation, I added another file .BRI when you speak with the Spy, and more things.
Now there are 2 endings. If you play in easy or normal you play the final ambush with tank, and when you win, the mission end. Only if you play in hard you will be able to see the true ending (the original ending before start to fix bugs), but you can not use tank in the ambush.

In k7 I added another briefing, simply a text with music. And more things, nothing important. I was thinking in add 2 green berets, because is a bored mission if you play online, but I didn´t do it, I was not sure if Is good idea.

In secret meeting 1 and 2 I didn´t find important bugs. Im thinking in make alternative endings in secret meeting 1. Only in hard mode you will be see the true ending.

What I should do with k4? and Who like the idea of alternative endings? Any suggestion?

Attached Thumbnails

• K4BRIEFING.jpg
  • K7BRIEFING.jpg

#57 senderj

senderj
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:13 PM

I was thinking in add 2 green berets, because is a bored mission if you play online, but I didn´t do it, I was not sure if Is good idea.

Extrano, I thought we discussed about the "switch" thing ?
In coop, you can teleport tiny's twin to the sewer but in single just leave him outside the map

#58 extrano1955

extrano1955

title available

• Members
  • 666 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:45 AM

ok, I converted the film to wmv. I will upload my work son to google drive :)

#59 extrano1955

extrano1955

title available

• Members
  • 666 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:27 PM

I finished of fix all bugs, And I did new things :)

In these file there are a readme. You can read all information about what I have done. But I would write here some important things:

-There are new briefings in the missions k7 and k4. The k4 start briefing is really nice, finally I added the film in wmv and the quality is good.

-And now [D1] EAGLE EYES <BY KOHAKU> and [K7] Plane crash <BY extrano1955> are playables online! If you start the missions in single player you will play the original mission with only one commando. But if you start the same mission online, will appear a second commando! Now we can have fun playing online eagle eyes with Duke and Natacha. And in plane crash there are 2 green berets.

-And in desperate times there are 2 different endings. If you play in easy or normal, you fight the last ambush with tank, and the mission end when you win. Only in hard you will be able to see the true ending, but is dangerous and hard fight without the tank, Will the 3 warriors be able to get it?

Attached Thumbnails

• d1online.jpg
  • k7online.jpg
  • easyandnormal.jpg

Edited by extrano1955, 01 October 2012 - 11:29 PM.

#60 senderj

senderj
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:59 AM

Excellent work extrano :thumbsuphappy:
Glad to see my thompson mod and 2 green beret mod incorporated into it XD
For the global.str, I recommend downloading the google drive one, I have already corrected all the spelling mistakes and included some extra phrases.
I think you can also replace the files in the google drive for the 1.42 update, yes ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users