gathering ideas

• Please log in to reply
1344 replies to this topic

#1101 apep

apep
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:42 PM

I managed to save, read online some saying to run the game with Windows 98 or ME compatibility and it worked.

Btw, is it normal the mod is so hard? I'm playing on normal difficulty, I can understand La Rochelle mission is tough 'cause it's a crucial spot, but every mission is like that? It's not as much as the enemies number but rather the poor ammo I can take from dead soldiers, especially the rifle.

I also read around it's not possible to wear enemies uniform (high rank soldier), is that true?

Edited by apep, 04 December 2017 - 08:20 AM.

#1102 Zakxaev68

Zakxaev68

Stalking in the shadows

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:27 PM

Working alone late hours always kills your last bit of enthusiasm, there I assume extrano works his ass out after all the years gone  Is a big mod, feels bad original developers left in a sudden.

Had good time last year replaying missions, got used with crashes.

comm-boot-camp-promo-revora-join-us-co.p

<<< CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO DO SO >>>

#1103 Zakxaev68

Zakxaev68

Stalking in the shadows

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:34 PM

Think map makers do that on occasion to encourage replayability; once you hit the right gear it'll be walk in the park.

#1104 mimi89

mimi89
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:43 AM

Extrano and others. Thank you for much work and success for you. missions work perfectly.

#1105 Maurice1976

Maurice1976
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:32 AM

Btw, is it normal the mod is so hard? I'm playing on normal difficulty, I can understand La Rochelle mission is tough 'cause it's a crucial spot, but every mission is like that? It's not as much as the enemies number but rather the poor ammo I can take from dead soldiers, especially the rifle.

I also read around it's not possible to wear enemies uniform (high rank soldier), is that true?

To be honest, it's a bit weird. The base mod (not the extra missions) prides itself in being more difficult due to having limited ammo, which does have impact on how you go about a mission. However, as a reward of sorts, you will eventually find rifles, guns and machine guns with unlimited ammo in various spots, at which point the missions become the same old "pull out your rifle and ambush them all" type of gameplay, with the added notion that ammo conservation is no longer an issue at all - especially when you have 2 or more Commandos with such an infinite ammo weapon. The only exception is formed by missions where sounding the alarm will result in the death of a captured Commando.

Uniforms are scarce, but also infinite. It makes acquiring a uniform to use with your Spy more difficult but thereby also more challenging. One adaption of La Rochelle (as a bonus mission, forgot the code) has no uniform whatsoever, however, which severely limits the role of the Spy on that mission, since you can't use his strongest skill: distract enemy guards by talking to them or even directing them elsewhere.

It takes a bit of time to get used to the difficulty, but once you do, you should manage it without further problems.

Edited by Maurice1976, 04 December 2017 - 08:33 AM.

#1106 apep

apep
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:39 PM

Here it comes the first bug. Right after I hide my thief under the bed the game crashes (La Rochelle mission).

And is there any way to assign quick and load save to some keyboard keys (F5 and F6 for example) avoiding to press Esc and select "quick save" every time. IIRC in Commandos 2 it was possible.

To be honest, it's a bit weird. The base mod (not the extra missions) prides itself in being more difficult due to having limited ammo, which does have impact on how you go about a mission. However, as a reward of sorts, you will eventually find rifles, guns and machine guns with unlimited ammo in various spots, at which point the missions become the same old "pull out your rifle and ambush them all" type of gameplay, with the added notion that ammo conservation is no longer an issue at all - especially when you have 2 or more Commandos with such an infinite ammo weapon. The only exception is formed by missions where sounding the alarm will result in the death of a captured Commando.

These spots are in every mission? As in, is there some kind of secret chamber where you'll find all these ammo?

Edited by apep, 04 December 2017 - 03:42 PM.

#1107 Maurice1976

Maurice1976
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:05 PM

These spots are in every mission? As in, is there some kind of secret chamber where you'll find all these ammo?

All of the original missions at the start of the mod have been changed this way: somewhere in the missions, you will encounter crates and cabinets and the like where you may find such a weapon. It's my experience that all of the missions eventually will yield such a weapon for all of the Commandos you have on that mission.

Note that this changes once you get to the alternative interpretations of these missions.

#1108 Zakxaev68

Zakxaev68

Stalking in the shadows

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:13 PM

Apep. Yes, game comes with pre-made hotkeys, you can change these within corresponding file nested in datapck. Hit CTRL+S for saving then CTRL+L (last quicksave checkpoint only, does not work for full saves)

#1109 apep

apep
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:28 PM

Thanks Zak, can I do the same with Commandos 2 (not DP)?

How I can unlock the bonus missions in C2 without doing the main missions? When installing DP 1.45 I checked "unlock all missions" option, but this enables also bonus missions? And why, every time I start vanilla C2, the mod starts? That means if I want to play only Commandos 2 I have to remove the mod?

You also put Commandos 3 missions into this mod? Good, but it'd be not better to play them with Commandos 3 graphics? It's better than C2's anyway, don't you think? Playing them with DP mod forces you to C2 graphics, or am I wrong?

Can anybody explain me the meaning of all those "codes" between brackets before the mission name (XB, 5G5, SINP and so on)?

Edited by apep, 05 December 2017 - 07:09 PM.

#1110 Zakxaev68

Zakxaev68

Stalking in the shadows

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:37 PM

Sure it is the same across base game.

Bonus levels work in sequential order. Once clear main mission, game gives you a sub-level of sorts. These "challenges" only can be accessed this way, no password codes I am afraid. I remember I completed them while replaying the game from the start last year or so ago.

#1111 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:02 PM

Thanks Zak, can I do the same with Commandos 2 (not DP)?

How I can unlock the bonus missions in C2 without doing the main missions? When installing DP 1.45 I checked "unlock all missions" option, but this enables also bonus missions? And why, every time I start vanilla C2, the mod starts? That means if I want to play only Commandos 2 I have to remove the mod?

You also put Commandos 3 missions into this mod? Good, but it'd be not better to play them with Commandos 3 graphics? It's better than C2's anyway, don't you think? Playing them with DP mod forces you to C2 graphics, or am I wrong?

Can anybody explain me the meaning of all those "codes" between brackets before the mission name (XB, 5G5, SINP and so on)?

You can use cheats to unlock them if the "unlock all missions" option didn't unlock them.

So go on la rochelle part 1, and in game type GONZOANDJON then press ctrl+shift+n to skip to the next mission. You can can keep pressing ctrl+shift+n until all the bonus missions are unlocked.

Edited by SirRH, 07 December 2017 - 11:03 PM.

#1112 MattsWotingbudong

MattsWotingbudong
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:12 AM

Gentlemen! Congratulations on some first class modding. Been following your work for years. Outstanding!

Small problem though. Upgraded from normal Commandos 2  (1.0) to your new version 1.45. Game plays fine except it doesn't play in widescreen. Tried your Widescreen fix on the commandoshq page but it says it can't patch as its outdated.

Men! do you have a fix for this please?

#1113 rvelho

rvelho
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:42 PM

Hello,i had the same problem and solved it this way. I installed game after patch 1.2 after destination Paris 1.45  after the Widescreen fix.

If some missions do not fill the entire screen press the + key.

My resolution is 1366x768 and works well

Widescreen fix + patch 1.20

https://meocloud.pt/... Patch 1.2.rar/

#1114 luckyteddy

luckyteddy
  • Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:27 PM

Gentlemen! Congratulations on some first class modding. Been following your work for years. Outstanding!

Small problem though. Upgraded from normal Commandos 2  (1.0) to your new version 1.45. Game plays fine except it doesn't play in widescreen. Tried your Widescreen fix on the commandoshq page but it says it can't patch as its outdated.

Men! do you have a fix for this please?

Hello,i had the same problem and solved it this way. I installed game after patch 1.2 after destination Paris 1.45  after the Widescreen fix.

If some missions do not fill the entire screen press the + key.

My resolution is 1366x768 and works well

Widescreen fix + patch 1.20

https://meocloud.pt/... Patch 1.2.rar/

Try this for WIN 7

#1115 MattsWotingbudong

MattsWotingbudong
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:51 AM

Thank you guys both for the help. Unfortunately, the regedit didn't work nor is the 1.2 patch willing to unrar on my rig. 

Sure would appreciate any other suggestions.

#1116 luckyteddy

luckyteddy
  • Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:06 AM

Change in both set001 and set002

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Gr aphicsDrivers\Configuration\xxxx\00\00

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\Gr aphicsDrivers\Configuration\xxxx\00\00

I did it for Win XP and Win 7

#1117 rvelho

rvelho
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 12:39 PM

Thank you guys both for the help. Unfortunately, the regedit didn't work nor is the 1.2 patch willing to unrar on my rig. 

Sure would appreciate any other suggestions.

Repeat the process instead of installing patch extract patch.zip file and replace files
1º Install game
2ºextract  patch.zip and replace files
3ºInstall DP1.45
4ª widescreenfix
Works for me win7

#1118 Cyrus1

Cyrus1
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:43 AM

Hi everyone 

I have already played commandos 2 men of courage
And newly installed COMMANDOS 2: DESTINATION PARIS 1.45
But it does not appear after installation and the same old version is displayed again.

My system profile :
Windows 7 Ultimate
NVIDIA GeForce GT 640

If you can guide me.thank you

Edited by Cyrus1, 16 February 2018 - 11:48 AM.

#1119 luckyteddy

luckyteddy
  • Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:16 PM

You must insall 1.45 in the same folder of Commandos 2 men of courage.

#1120 csemege86

csemege86
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 07:22 AM

I'm about to re-install Windows 10. Currently I'm making backups of all my saved games. I can't find the save file location for Commandos 2. I have the 1.43 mod currently, but on my new configuration, I will want to install the latest 1.45.

Will I need to start the missions from scratch or will my saved missions be compatible with it?

But first and foremost - where are my saved files?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users