#1 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:54 PM

I'll post up some of my map screens and I want to get your opinions on them.
Click for full size view.

The main thing I'm looking at is atmosphere since it's something I've been working on a lot in recent months.

Adorn
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Midgewater Marshes

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#2 ElessartheHigh

ElessartheHigh
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:27 AM

Both of those maps are really close to what Tolikien descibed them . They have that unique feeling that makes you want to explore them , to discover ruins and economic plots . I have always thought BFME's maps were not very colorful , just barren and cold . But here , your maps are very well detailed and each of them is technically attracting and realistic .

Edited by ElessartheHigh, 31 August 2012 - 06:27 AM.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.[1]

#3 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:44 AM

Well that is what you've got to do when mapping, make it explorable, so that on later games on the map you can find something new. You know you've succeeded when people play the map for reasons other than to make war.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users