Call for V1.3 Alpha Testers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#21 Brashin

Brashin
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

Thats awesome, wish I had the skills and knowledge to help but just know that I appreciate what the team is doing I think its amazing.  Keep it up.

#22 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

Sith Lord of Campaigns

• Project Team
  • 2,035 posts
  •  Phoenix Rising QA Lead; Manual Editor

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

Milestone doesn't do it justice. 

It's the difference between a celtic mud road and Roman Highway - complete with mille-passum markers at regular intervals and Relay exchange points for couriers to change a tired nag.

It's been a long march, but the results look significant. I can't wait to test it. :smilehuh:  :smilehuh:

#23 a.fake.name

a.fake.name

title available

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:32 AM

I'd  be willing to test a new version.

I've got a lower end PC, but can generally muddle thru campaigns.

Pretty good cannon knowledge, and I've modded with other games enough over the years to have a generally good sense of ways to balance while preserving cannon rather than going for equal stats or other silliness .

Playing PR when stoned is awesome

#24 onlylogic

onlylogic
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:28 AM

I would also be willing to test as well, recently got a lot of down time. I also have both the steam version gold pack, and the original disc based eaw and FOC. So if you need me to test with both I'm game. I'm willing to take direction and can take initiative as well to try to break things. Running a medium high range laptop.

HP envy 17 i7 2670qm 2.2ghz turbos to 3.1
6gb ram
ati 6850m
Win 7

In terms of experience, well i have hundreds of hours put into playing this game in general since it's release and probably 100+ into PR. If things don't change in my life I'd be interested in learning some things as well. And last but not least, I have an extensive vocal arts background and would be happy to both audition for and record voices for some heroes.

#25 evilbobthebob

evilbobthebob

evilbobthemapper

• Project Team
  • 2,304 posts
  • Projects:Phoenix Rising Maps
  •  Phoenix Rising Mapping Lead

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

Sounds good! Ghost is going on holiday very soon but PR can probably induct you. This isn't a guarantee though, I just do some of the art assets :p

Phoenix Rising, head of mapping. Thanks to everyone who got us to the position below!
Posted Image

#26 onlylogic

onlylogic
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:21 AM

Thanks! I'll be looking forward to hearing from Ghost or someone else who can greenlight me. :) If you have a PDF doc or something lying around that describes your procedure for those testing I'd like to take a look at it if you have access to it. I'm curious, even if there isn't room in the Alpha for me.

#27 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

Sith Lord of Campaigns

• Project Team
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:38 PM

Ok. I'm interested. We've just had a new internal release and I'm looking for testers.

How much modding have you done?

As an intro test, can you pick the campaign you hate the most, and critique it in terms of starting forces, starting cash, and any stretegic issues, such as starting forces being trapped.

Please assess the campaign from both Rebel and Imperial factions standpoints and let me know what could be done to improve the campaign in terms of starting forces for both player factions and indepenent worlds. What's wrong with it and what would you do to improve it.

Note: in your assessment, assume you are unable to change any tactical considerations, maps or unit statisticsThe combat mechanic cannot be altered in your assessment.

PM your report when completed.

PS. If anyone else is interested in testing, please repeat the above test.

Note: A good tester takes an open mind, and MUST be able to objectively test all campaigns and play both factions.

#28 onlylogic

onlylogic
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:37 PM

HEY! I just checked back on the forums and saw your reply, there hadn't been much activity going on so I took a break from checking daily. I'm glad to hear back from you and will get right on doing that test...test lol

As far as modding experience, nothing on actually making mods other than going into xmls and changing specific values using a cheat sheet. That is more than the average person though I suppose.

I've modded my Skyrim a lot with over 60 different mods and have successfully (most of the time) troubleshooted problems. This is not to mention modding experience modding games like EAW/FOC, Sins, and Mass Effect 2 using texmod and a modded XML for gameplay alterations (values etc.)

#29 Moggwhy

Moggwhy
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:28 AM

Waiting kills me. Any news? Hows the alpha going? Need any help with testing?

My rig: I5 SB @ 3,4 GHZ 8 gb DDR3 1333 mhz, motherboard p67, 2x Radeons HD 6870

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=4MHMaB0TeKc  :D

Edited by Moggwhy, 07 September 2013 - 01:30 AM.

#30 evilbobthebob

evilbobthebob

evilbobthemapper

• Project Team
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:09 AM

Sorry man I don't know where ghostrider has got to, I expect he's very busy with work. I'm personally rather busy as well unfortunately, which is why I haven't replied to you at all (I try to reply to everything I can on the forums).

Phoenix Rising, head of mapping. Thanks to everyone who got us to the position below!
Posted Image

#31 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

Sith Lord of Campaigns

• Project Team
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:41 AM

Waiting kills me. Any news? Hows the alpha going? Need any help with testing?

My rig: I5 SB @ 3,4 GHZ 8 gb DDR3 1333 mhz, motherboard p67, 2x Radeons HD 6870

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=4MHMaB0TeKc  :D

Sorry If I've been quiet for a bit. Real life and modding don't always mix particularly well. They both want exclusive access to the irritating commodity called time.

If you want to help with testing, please refer to Post #27, review a campaign and post the results to me. That's your entrance exam.

Edited by Ghostrider, 17 September 2013 - 10:43 AM.

#32 a.fake.name

a.fake.name

title available

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:24 AM

Ok. I'm interested. We've just had a new internal release and I'm looking for testers.

How much modding have you done?

As an intro test, can you pick the campaign you hate the most, and critique it in terms of starting forces, starting cash, and any stretegic issues, such as starting forces being trapped.

Please assess the campaign from both Rebel and Imperial factions standpoints and let me know what could be done to improve the campaign in terms of starting forces for both player factions and indepenent worlds. What's wrong with it and what would you do to improve it.

Note: in your assessment, assume you are unable to change any tactical considerations, maps or unit statisticsThe combat mechanic cannot be altered in your assessment.

PM your report when completed.

PS. If anyone else is interested in testing, please repeat the above test.

Note: A good tester takes an open mind, and MUST be able to objectively test all campaigns and play both factions.

Just now noticed that post, or else I would have replied last year .........
Well I'm a diehard user of Chih's submod (sorry, but he makes nessacary fixes) so I guess that takes me out of consideration.
I guess I'll stick to inadvertently guessing the actual updates being made thru my suggestions.

#33 NYSNDGUY

NYSNDGUY
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:45 PM

Is v1.3 still in alpha?

#34 P.O._210877

P.O._210877

Traveller in the Balance

• Project Team
  • 796 posts
  • Location:L'Épiphanie, Québec (Fédération canadienne du Royaume du Canada)
  • Projects:Phoenix Rising
  •  Tester/Translator/Resident SW Loremaster (self proclaimed)

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:52 PM

No, but beta needs a lot of polishing.We're getting there though. :thumbsupcool:

If it's hard then it's worth doing.

- Alcor, Alcor pardonne-moi mais je ne veux pas que tu meurs. Je ne veux
pas que la planète bleue soit mise à feu et à sang par ces monstres. Je
me battrai pour les empêcher de détruire ce qui est devenue ma Terre.
Goldorak m'aidera. Au besoin, j'irai jusqu'au camp de la Lune Noire
puisque c'est là que Véga et ses monstres ont établi leur base. Et je la
détruirai.

Actarus

#35 evilbobthebob

evilbobthebob

evilbobthemapper

• Project Team
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:53 PM

I'm not going to lie, development has slowed down somewhat over the past month since the whole team is busy IRL around this time of year.

Posted Image

#36 NYSNDGUY

NYSNDGUY
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:03 PM

I'm just stoked you guys are still doing it at all. How many games are still being actively modded after almost 8yrs? I lived on v1.1 for a long time before weening myself off EAW all together. It used to run poorly on my old laptop, but when i got my new system in Feb '14 I realized I could say goodbye to the 20min load times I used to deal with. Been loving the changes in 1.2 since then, but while browsing the forums for something else I saw the call for alpha testers and got (maybe a little too) excited. haha

I hope you guys keep up the great work and can't wait to see what comes next.

#37 evilbobthebob

evilbobthebob

evilbobthemapper

• Project Team
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:06 PM

Thanks for your support, it's always great for us to see fans who've stuck with us :)

Posted Image

#38 P.O._210877

P.O._210877

Traveller in the Balance

• Project Team
  • 796 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:17 PM

Then you'll be happy to know that performance has improved since 1.2. So yeah, you can kiss the never ending load times goodbye. That said there's are limits to how much a heavily modified game, like PR, can achieve...

détruirai.

Actarus

#39 a.fake.name

a.fake.name

title available

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:27 AM

If it's in beta, what do we need to do to beta test it ?

#40 P.O._210877

P.O._210877

Traveller in the Balance

• Project Team
  • 796 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:14 AM

Not much because 1.2 is really not the same as what we're testing now.

If the team wants beta testers I'm sure they'll post it on the forums, that's pretty much all I can tell you. ^_^

Edited by P.O._210877, 26 May 2014 - 08:18 AM.

détruirai.

Actarus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users