Photo

PART I Getting Started with Mobile Phones

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:03 PM

I want to lay out some basics and tools of what you will need to write mobile friendly websites and than eventually independent apps.

Pads and mobiles my friends. That is the future of things to come. If we miss this opportunity we will kick ourselves in 3-5 years.

MOBILE PHONE SCREENS
mobile phones mainly range from 4 inches to 5.3 inches with some exceptioins of course.

Phones come in 2 types of screens thin-film transistor (TFT) which lasts longer but sucks and active matrix organic LED (AMOLED) better but sucks more energy.

for screen size purposes they come in small normal and large (duh)

Touchscreens come in three types. Resistive: which uses pressure to know where you are touching. Capacitive: uses electrical impulses from your fingers to denote finger location. and finally Surface Acoustic Wave: which uses ultrasonic waves to determine finger position.

Mobile phones also need an alternate means of accessing the screen.
  • D_pad (directional pad)
  • trackball
  • trackpad
No explanation is worth the time to type.

SENSORS
Many built in sensors peoplle are very familiar with.
such as: 3-axis accelerometer, 3 axis magnetic field sensopr orientation field, and temperture sensor.

Some of the newer onew one have fancy ones like proximity sensors and such like the Galaxy SIII

I believe I'lll stop here and let you digest this while I work on my next tutorial.
In case you are wondering I've sold mobile phones since 1995 and wrote my college paper on it.

#2 {IP}Gil-Galad

{IP}Gil-Galad

ClickerMonkey

• Hosted
  • 1,122 posts
  • Projects:Too many to name.
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

Hmm did not know some of that, thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users