Heros in war of ring?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tomeister

Tomeister
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:37 PM

How can I make all my heroes used in war of ring, rather than just the main ones?

Edited by Tomeister, 27 September 2012 - 06:45 PM.

#2 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:08 PM

Make new armies for them in the livingworlddefaultarmies.inc and in the livingworldstartingunits.inc, which are found in \data\ini\campaigns\common
Although this might not be all that you need to change, I myself (still >_<) have not done much with WOTR, and have not been modding that much lately, at least not code wise, so i might be missing something.
Good luck :)
Ridder Geel

#3 Gourbish

Gourbish
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

Be careful with that !
I added 1 or 2 more heroes for each faction but when I played with a friend and with AI, we found this bug : the game crashed when we put to many heroes on one territory ! I believe that the game is not implemented to have more heroes that it was originally made for. So to avoid the crash, we had to sent less heroes in the territory for the battle.
For example, if I remember well, 2 AI sent about 3 heroes each one, and we, we sent about 4 or 5 heroes each one when it crashed. So we sent 2 or 3 heroes each one for avoiding the crash.
So adding more heroes work, but it could make some problems in that case. Maybe this problem could be solved, but I didn't spend my time with that.

-> But there are other files to modify : the "livingworldbuildableunits.inc", the "livingworldbuildings.ini".
-> If you want to have a personalized flag for the new hero you will add in the armies, look at the "livingworldicons" directory, and you'll have to create a "lwbanhNAME_OF_THE_HERO.w3d" and a "lwbanhNAME_OF_THE_HERO.dds".
-> And if you want to add a hero that was not originally in the game, you'll maybe have to complete the other "livingworldXXXXXXX.ini" files. These files are used when you simulate a fight.

An advice, take a hero which works in WOTR and seach in files what is needed for that hero. After that you'll just have to copy the same code for your new hero. I think you have the list of all files you have to look.

Courage ! ;-)

#4 Tomeister

Tomeister
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:31 AM

Thanks. Will I be able to build them in a fortress in a real time match?

#5 Gourbish

Gourbish
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

If you add the hero as a hero which commands an army, the goal would be to have him at the beginning of the WOTR, no ?
So finally, you'll begin with the heroes and they are like original heroes : if I remember, when your hero is killed, you have choice to revive him in real time or in WOTR map.

But after you question I begin to believe that maybe you don't want to add your heroes as heroes commanding armies, but maybe as "simple" heroes (heroes considered as units). In that case you don't need to edit so much files !

-> What I said before was good for a hero commanding an army.

-> For a hero as unit (like Gandalf in original game), you only have to edit "livingworldbuildableunits.inc", "livingworldbuildings.ini", and the "livingworldautoresolveXXX.ini" if you want to change the autoresolve balance but you have to link that with the file object of your hero (search for "AutoResolveLeadership" "AutoResolveBody" "AutoResolveWeapon"... in your hero file).

Edited by Gourbish, 08 October 2012 - 11:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users