Help to Find a Sound

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Vahagn

Vahagn
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

Hey guys! So I'm looking for something already 2 hours but I can't find it, so I hope you guys can help me out. Remember this power? => rainoffire.jpg It's in the Spellbook of the Mordor Faction. When you use the power, a sound is heard, right before the meteors start falling. In this video - that sound is heard just after Gandalf says: "I'm a servat of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor..." at 00:13. I'm looking for it in the Audio.big file but I can't find it. Does somebody know what's the name of that sound or where is it? I'm making a video and I was looking for this sound for ages. It was today, that I suddenly realised that I can extract it from the game! Thanks! :)

#2 Gourbish

Gourbish
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

Look at the spell "RainOfFire". So after a quick search with that word in the "soundeffects.ini", you can found the list of use sounds. For example :
AudioEvent RainOfFireStart
  Sounds = ESRaino_start
  Volume = 50
  PitchShift = -20 -20
  Limit = 3
  MinRange = 300
  MaxRange = 1500
  Type = player
  SubmixSlider = SoundFX
End
Here, "ESRaino_start" has to exists in Audio.big. So listen files in audio.big which name is like that : "ESRainoXXXX.wav".

#3 Vahagn

Vahagn
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

Hey! I found it, thanks a lot! I found it. Didn't really pay attention on that ESRaino... thing because I thought it was the "Freezing Rain" power! :D Thanks again! :)

#4 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

Freezing Rain? Makes sense

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

0 user(s) are reading this topic