Need some help for my new map

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 seemann

seemann
  • Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

First of all hello to all that are still here or still playing this game.
For the admin : if you judge this topic doesn't concern the mod please send my message to someone from the RJ staff cause i'm sure they will be intrested. Ty

Almost 7 months ago i started making a map for ROTWK , which i belive it will be the best custom map for single player ever (not kidding).
The map is almost finished now ,but since i am all about detais i wanna first fix some small things, only to emprouve quality. I tryed on some other forums but noone seams to know, so then i came here thinking that who knows better the game codes then the modding comunity. So, i am sorry if my problem doesn't concern RJ 's mod but i need help, and i now for sure that even the designer/s from RJ will love to play this map when it's finished ;).

Now to my problems: i am making a single player map (campaign-like) for ROTWK official 2.01 version, so all my modding will be through the map editor or map.ini.
I wanna "force' the player to play by my rules and not make a long instruction like : Ex:.... "you must put player 1 as elves in slot 3 and player 2 as brutal mordor in slot y. You must select ultra high LOD and disable shadows ....." and so on. I wanna make this as easy as possible for the player.
So if anyone knows, i would like to know this:
- can i disable clouds
- can i disable shadows
- can i force the exact level of detail i want
- can i force player's positions and faction (player 1 in slot 1 men) ; for this i found an option in map editor but it doesn't seem to work.

Also i have another problem that i would like to solve. As you can see in the pictures, object MoriaModuleDwarvenGreatHallDoorATop doesn't want to react to my lighting setting. I tried to look inside the code for this object but found nothing. Anyone has an idea how to solve?

Please don't forget that we are here talking only about a map and all the modding will be made in the map editor or map.ini.

If curious about this map you can check out some screenshots here : http://www.gamerepla...howtopic=905481

Maibe i will start a topic on this site too when i have the time

Ty and please help if you can

Best of luck, seemann

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.jpg
  • 2.jpg

Apocaliptica & Nina Hagen - seemann

#2 Naugrim.

Naugrim.
  • Members
  • 127 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

The Moria items are really weird like that. For some reason they only look normal if you turn off the 2x overbright lighting, which would make your the rest of your map too dark. There might be a way to fix this in the map .ini, but idk.

I'm pretty sure that it is possible to force certain players into certain factions. I'd try some scripting. I don't know the exact script but I think it goes something along the lines of "if true: give player 1 upgrade faction mordor".

I've never used the rotwk map editor (I assume it's similar) but in bfme 1's there is an edit shadow option that allows you to make shadows either really dark, or in your case, invisible.

Edited by Naugrim., 03 November 2012 - 12:33 PM.

#3 seemann

seemann
  • Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

ty! really helpful, i'll try that. If any idea comes to you about the overbright light please let me know.

#4 seemann

seemann
  • Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

Nope; none of what you said works :(

#5 Bofur

Bofur

The Bolicious One

• Hosted
  • 1,766 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Firstborn
  •  The Bolicious T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

You can definitely edit the shadows:
Go to Edit>Edit Shadows, and set the intensity to 0.
I do not think you can force options though...

left64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruayp.pngAotF.pngright64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruf44.png

#6 Naugrim.

Naugrim.
  • Members
  • 127 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

Never tested that script, so I don't know if it actually works or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users