#41 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

And why don't you call the Moria Pike-bearers something else? I mean, there weren't any dwarves in Moria at the time ;)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#42 Naugrim.

Naugrim.
  • Members
  • 127 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

Even if there were, the dwarves would have called then Khazad-Dum pike bearers(that was what they called Moria back when it was a city). Moria means "black chasm" in Sindarin.

#43 Rider of Rohan

Rider of Rohan

The Lazy Modder

• Division Leaders
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring and the HD Editions
  •  Mathijs' Bug fix expert
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Leader

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

O yea Moria was taken ! Are there other Dwarf Kingdoms besides The Iron Hills and Erebor they could be from. The Blue Mountains is all i could think of.... if it was one.

Edited by Rider of Rohan, 02 February 2013 - 11:04 PM.

99dxc486ltde132zg.jpgh5je9noaofg3o26zg.jpg

No parent should have to bury their child - King Theoden

#44 Naugrim.

Naugrim.
  • Members
  • 127 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

Erebor, the Iron Hills, and the Blue Mountains are the only three that we know dwarves lived in at the end if the third age (Thorin lived in the Blue Mountains for a while after Erebor was destroyed). Dwarves did at one point live in the Grey Mountains as well, but most (if not all) were driven out by cold-drakes. The survivors founded the Iron Hills.

Edit: There were seven dwarven fathers, who each began the main dwarven clans. One awoke at Mount Gundabad (Northern Misty Mountains),
two awoke in the Blue Mountains, and four awoke in the Red Mountains, far to the East.

Edited by Naugrim., 02 February 2013 - 11:28 PM.

• Rider of Rohan likes this

#45 Bashkuga

Bashkuga

Because good guys are too mainstream

• Project Team
  • 2,039 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring Betatester and Mapper, Edain Mod Betatester
  •  Out of the frying pan, and into the fire..

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

I also read somewhere that there were Dwarves in Orocarni, the Red mountains, somewhere in Rhun.

#46 Bofur

Bofur

The Bolicious One

• Hosted
  • 1,766 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Firstborn
  •  The Bolicious T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

What you two said ^^ :)

left64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruayp.pngAotF.pngright64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruf44.png

#47 Rider of Rohan

Rider of Rohan

The Lazy Modder

• Division Leaders
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

Were the Dwarves in Orocarni still roaming and organised for War ? Sorry for my lack of knowledge on the Dwarves I mainly know most on the world of Men.

#48 Naugrim.

Naugrim.
  • Members
  • 127 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

There's very little information about the dwarves to the east. This link has a lot of information on the different clans.
http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Dwarves
The Ironfists, Stiffbeards, Blacklocks, and Stonefoots (Stonefeet?) lived in the east.

#49 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

You have about as much 'lack of knowledge' on the dwarves of the East as anyone else. I don't believe they're mentioned at all besides snippets, and they almost certainly didn't participate in the affairs of the War of the Ring*.

I took the liberty of having them on the bombad side in The 4th Age. Here's how they look. Yeah, persuaded that men are evil, etc, etc...

* Though it's probably not the case, I do wonder if the dwarves of Orocarni might've been a tad bigger than the rest of the dwarves, and joined Rhûn in their fight for Sauron:

There were many different races of Easterlings that came under Sauron's banner in the War of the Ring. Some were tall and sallow skinned, others short and broad. Some Easterling who were present at the Battle of Pellenor Feilds were short, broad and bearded like dwarves.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#50 Rider of Rohan

Rider of Rohan

The Lazy Modder

• Division Leaders
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

Thanks for the info guys, perhaps some Dwarves were willing to join Sauron for the promise of scarce jewels and such. 

#51 Naugrim.

Naugrim.
  • Members
  • 127 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

Perhaps some Dwarves were willing to join Sauron for the promise of scarce jewels and such. 

Definitely possible, he tried the same thing with the dwarves of Erebor.

#52 Rider of Rohan

Rider of Rohan

The Lazy Modder

• Division Leaders
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Should the Dwarves have some sort of Cavalry ? Or should they just be left with a good Infantry and Archers. I was thinking Dale would have some sort of Cavalry so perhaps the Dwarves could get like 3 battalions from the Inn. 

#53 Naugrim.

Naugrim.
  • Members
  • 127 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

I'd they have any cavalry it should be an inn unit or some other difficult to obtain unit. The dwarves are the strongest infantry units, their weakness is their speed. I like the idea of Dale cavalry. Somehow dwarves riding ponies (or boars even) just doesn't work for me.

#54 King Dain II Ironfoot

King Dain II Ironfoot

King Under the Mountain of Erebor

• Project Team
  • 193 posts
  • Projects:THL

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:34 PM

Hello to all!I am quite new here in Revora I mean but I want to express my opinion as a mad fan of the Dwarven Race and Durin's Folk! :) I think that Erebor as a Ranged Units should either keep its Axe Throwers or get a Shrobow Archers since both Thorin and Kili have skills in Archery while Iron Hills should get a Crosbowmans since Corsbowmans are simpler and have less range but are good for a heavy armored army like Iron Hills!! :) Another possible thing is that erebor keeps its Axe Throwers and gets Shortbow Archers from Ered Luin( Blue Mountains) as a special unit or something like an Elite Dwarven Range Unit since again Thorin and Kili and they both have lived in Ered Luin with their kin which suggests that there Dwarves Specilise in Archery !

As for Cavalry,I get that Dwarves are best for thir Heavy Armored and tough Infantry but still some kind of their own Cavalry will not hurt I think and I suggest using the Battle Ram Riders from BoFA Trailer but in Limited number like 4 Battalions,I think they fit great and look awesome,of course they will be a little bit Weaker than Gondor or Rohan Cavalry and also slower but still it will be good!I think they should be in Iron Hills as Elite Cavalry Unit and they will not have Shields and it will also make Iron Hills somehow uniqe to their kin in Erebor and Ered Luin!! :) I hope the team and the fans will like those ideas! :)

I will not stand down before any Elf not least this faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishes nothing but ill upon my people....Ya think I give a dead dog about your treats  you Pointy Ear Princess...          WklE62A.png

You hear that lads..we're on...let's give these bastards a good hammering...Tanar Durin nur!!....

#55 King Dain II Ironfoot

King Dain II Ironfoot

• Project Team
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 05:22 AM

I get the feeeling that the diskussin is over!! :(

I will not stand down before any Elf not least this faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishes nothing but ill upon my people....Ya think I give a dead dog about your treats  you Pointy Ear Princess...          WklE62A.png

You hear that lads..we're on...let's give these bastards a good hammering...Tanar Durin nur!!....

#56 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:57 AM

Modders generally prefer modding to discussing mod details on the forums, unfortunately. ;) I'm sure RoR will find time to reply.

• King Dain II Ironfoot likes this

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#57 Rider of Rohan

Rider of Rohan

The Lazy Modder

• Division Leaders
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:26 PM

Hey Dain, I must have missed this one sorry! Erebor will get shortbow archers, the Iron Hills missile unit I'm still deciding. Ered Luin will make it in game as well, but how is a surprise ;). Rams, I hope to make them, but we'll see :!

#58 King Dain II Ironfoot

King Dain II Ironfoot

• Project Team
  • 193 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:11 AM

Hey Dain, I must have missed this one sorry! Erebor will get shortbow archers, the Iron Hills missile unit I'm still deciding. Ered Luin will make it in game as well, but how is a surprise ;). Rams, I hope to make them, but we'll see :!

No problem at all! :) Short Bow Archers for Erebor is cool I like that! :) Oh man I wonder about Ered Luin it will be fun to find out ;) And I am hoping that you will made those Crossbowmas for Iron Hills and that Ram Cavalry they are both great Units and with your skill in Modeling they will become great and I can't wait to try them if you make them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users