LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

Here you can post about things that might spoil the movie for the Australians that don't get to see the movie until after Christmas. I will start.

The Necromancer is actually Sauron.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#2 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:18 AM

... that's a spoiler?

"Everyone's a hero when there's nowhere left to run."

Auxiliary Skarn, 2333rd Cohort

#3 Bashkuga

Bashkuga

Because good guys are too mainstream

• Project Team
  • 2,039 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring Betatester and Mapper, Edain Mod Betatester
  •  Out of the frying pan, and into the fire..

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

It was a joke xD,

Who agrees that the battle of Azanulbizar, the one where Azog cut off the head of the king, was one of the most awesome things seen in life? We finally saw some Dwarf soldiers in action!

#4 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

Not actually seen the Hobbit yet. *unfollows topic*

"Everyone's a hero when there's nowhere left to run."

Auxiliary Skarn, 2333rd Cohort

#5 Chocolate Star

Chocolate Star

Count

• Project Team
  • 431 posts
  • Projects:BFME II: Passion & From Book 2 Game

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

what did u guys think of azog?

looked like a troll to me

#6 Dúnedain76

Dúnedain76

Misty Mountain Hop

• Division Admins
  • 451 posts
  •  Mapper, Artist, Coder
  • Job:The3rdAge Admin

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

Yay, Spoiler topic!

Best scene in the movie for me was when Thorin started walking across the tree trunk and the Nazgul's Theme started playing as he strode towards Azog. SO EPIC.
Although I think PJ made him a little to much of an asshole to Bilbo than he really was in the books.

@Chocolate Star I dont really like Azog's look much. I dont really like any of the new Orcs at all really (except the Goblin King) The Goblins looks changed WAAAY to much and the Orcs just look fake. I do like the new Wargs though. They look a lot more menacing than the crap ones in Lord of the Rings.

And Speaking of Wargs, How bout that scene on Amon Sul!!

#7 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  • Projects:Middle-Earth Expanded
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

Awesome finally a spoiler topic. I loved the whole final battle between thorin and azog at the end of the movie. Also, the wargs looked insane. I cant wait to see part two.

I agree that those dwarf battles looked insane.

#8 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

I love the mohawk dwarf next to Thorin in one of the battles.

But the thing I loved the most, was when Bilbo attacked the wargs and goblins, after he saved Thorin. You know, in the end. Thorin's almost knocked out, Bilbo kills the orc that's about to serve Azog Thorin's head (awesome), then Azog sends more orcs to kill Bilbo. The rest of the company comes to the rescue, with the final theme playing as usual, then Bilbo continues to fight. That's probably my favorite moment in the film. That opinion may be coloured by the fact that it's near the end, so it's easier to remember :p

edit: as for Thorin being more asshole than usual. It's how it's gotta be, movie wise. You've got to have some inner struggles in films, so it's not just happy hour.

Edited by Lauri, 15 December 2012 - 09:00 PM.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#9 Dúnedain76

Dúnedain76

Misty Mountain Hop

• Division Admins
  • 451 posts
  •  Mapper, Artist, Coder

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

as for Thorin being more asshole than usual. It's how it's gotta be, movie wise. You've got to have some inner struggles in films, so it's not just happy hour.

Yeah I know. Im not too suprised they did it again anyhow since they went the same route with good old Boromir and Denethor. But I still think they could've lessened it a bit. Bah Oh well.

#10 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

Makes the post-moria thing even sweeter. Bilbo not turning away, and even rescuing Thorin.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#11 Chocolate Star

Chocolate Star

Count

• Project Team
  • 431 posts
  • Projects:BFME II: Passion & From Book 2 Game

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

what was the track played as thorin charged to azog?

so i can listne to it on itunes or youtube xD

#12 Bashkuga

Bashkuga

• Project Team
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

Btw, about the new looks, let's not forget that these Orcs and Wargs are from the North, they had to be different. As for the Goblins, it's the same as men, every people in a region has it's own kind of looks, Goblins from Goblin Town look different from the Goblins in Moria, same for Orcs, Men, Elves, Dwarves, etc. It wouldn't surprise me if the Dwarves from the Iron Hills look different from the ones in Erebor.

@Lauri, I think that the hardcore-badass mohawk Dwarf is actually the younger version of hardcore-badass Dwalin.

Edited by Fredius, 16 December 2012 - 12:33 AM.

#13 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

Dealing was just bad ass through the whole film. Favorite dwarf right there.

#14 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:47 AM

Dealing?

But yeah, the badass did remind me of someone, thought I'm pretty sure Dwalin wasn't there. Then again, it wouldn't have been the only non-canon thing in the film.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#15 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

Sometimes using my phone for commenting... makes me look stupid for not proof reading.

I thought it was dwalin with the mohak. Could be wrong though.

What'd you think of smaug? Looks like he will be a more traditional looking dragon.

#16 Dúnedain76

Dúnedain76

Misty Mountain Hop

• Division Admins
  • 451 posts
  •  Mapper, Artist, Coder

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:20 AM

what was the track played as thorin charged to azog?

so i can listne to it on itunes or youtube xD

Sadly the full track isn't on the soundtrack (I have the Deluxe Edition) Which made me really sad when i found out. But the closest it sounds like is the Last Alliance Battle theme from the Prologue in LOTR but more epic with Dwarven awesomness.

#17 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:27 AM

Yeah, we will just have to wait for the Complete Recordings (Which might come out after the Extended Edition).

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#18 Bashkuga

Bashkuga

• Project Team
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

So what do you guys think about the new armour designs? Rivendel soldiers look the same as in the last alliance, though they have silver armour and a red cape, instead of fully gold. The Rivendel horse archers look cool. Dale soldiers look like Seljuk Turks, a bit of a nomadic design, looks good imo. The Dwarves design is just super awesome, no words could describe them. Mirkwood soldiers look better than I imagined, at least they have ful plate armour instead of BFME2's stupid hooded (ranger) guys. As for the northern Orcs, they look much bigger and tougher than the ones from the south, which is cool. The Wargs now look more like huge wolves, also great.

As for Elrond, I'm glad he doesn't wear the golden armour like in the last alliance, the same for the soldiers, though his armour is silver with a reddish highlight.

Edited by Fredius, 16 December 2012 - 12:19 PM.

#19 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

I love the new designs and armor for the elves of Rivendell. The look of dales soldiers was a nice change from what we've already seen of men. The Dwarven armor makes them look like living statues, probably makes them terrifying on the battle field. What i thought was cool and unexpected was Thranduil riding on a moose. I didnt get a great look at the Mirkwood soldiers,

As was said above regarding the orcs and goblins, the variety is really nice. Seems the orcs of gundabad are larger and more firece. while their goblin counter parts are more toad like, smallish and generally diseased. The new wargs are very neat. Ive always enjoyed the hyena design, its nice to have another more wolf like version coming from the mountains.

#20 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

I love the Rivendell, and especially the Mirkwood design. I was expecting simple ranger-like outfits, but the look looked very neat. Rivendell is just great, I love how great the colours look. The dwarven armour is cool too, but it was a tad unexpected, especially with the closed helmet.

New orcs and goblins are, what can I say.. weird? I like the them, but I really liked the old ones too. But the new goblins are probably a good thing, given that there's different sizes of them that just wouldn't fit with the green goblins from before. The old ones simply are too cruel, these new ones doesn't just want to kill. In general, I'm pleased with the new designs. Remember the 'messenger-goblin'? He was smaller than the Great Goblin's head :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users