Resource building output

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Graymind

Graymind
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

I've been playing SEE 4.5 for a about a month now, I love the mod, but if there's one thing I could change about it, it would be the amount of resources farms produce.
The amount of money I'll have just 20 min into a game with just a small amount of land behind my base is way too high, making any strategic decisions about resource production or management irrelevant.

Something to keep in mind for SEE-DC, but in the mean time, I'm hosting a lan party with BFME2 SEE 4.5 being one of the games we play.
I was wondering if it's possible to edit the code of the resource buildings (which are in bse. format correct?) to better enhance the game to our liking?
Thanks for any replies. :D

#2 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

I'm not sure how the old SEE is coded, but there might be a define for the resources in some sort of gamedata.ini, most likely found in the SEE includes, but Nazgul would have to tell you more about this :p
Ridder Geel

#3 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

Unfortionately I don't remember much about this version. It's obsolete... but the amoount should be in "Water.ini" as we did use the "mod command" type of modding. And yes, this will be toned down in DC as I do agree with you.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#4 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

If I remember correctly, the team made the farming zone a lot smaller, but kept the mechanic that when building more than eight farms, the average output per turn decreases.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

That is correct! I will adjust the starting amount though...

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#6 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

Maybe a stronger differentiation between factions? Stronger buildings but slower build time for Men and Erebor, higher average output for Isengard (due to industrialization), weaker buildings with faster build time for Mordor and Moria, etc.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Graymind

Graymind
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

Thank you so much Nazgul, here I was trying to find programs to open up coded documents when all I had to do was open up water.ini with notepad :lol:.
Also my two bits on why the money the money was so drastically high was that everything in the game was slowed down, except for resource gathering. While waiting a minute for my 300 cost unit to come out, I would make around 3000 in that minute.

#8 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

True that... to both of ya! ;D

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users