Photo

Replace models

Best Answer Ridder Geel, 07 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

you would need to do several things...
1. put the w3d file in the correct art directory (art/w3d/../...w3d)
2. put the required textures in the correct directory (art/compiledtexture/../...tga (or .dds))
3. create an asset.dat, there is a tutorial on that somewhere on the3rdage.net if im not mistaken, otherwise search the forums here, this has been asked multiple times
4. Make sure the DefaultModelConditionState (or something like that, currently dont have code to check exact name) and make sure that the Model = ... has your models name without the .w3d behind it.
5 Ensure this is all saved correctly and that it is all in the correct location, try using the -mod command instead of direct .BIG file editing to prevent other annoying problems related to the asset.dat.

Good luck :) Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gexkosm

gexkosm
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:57 AM

How i can replace a model (in this case mithlond sentry) for another model?

The model that i want is in a Mod: Historias de la Tierra Media (Stories of Middle Earth, Arnor faction, Mithlond sentry).

I used FinalBig to open INI.big, and i replaced the elvenlindonlancer.ini for the other, but it doesn't work, the model still being the same, the default model of the game.

Can someone help me? i'm new in this...

Regards!

#2 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:23 AM   Best Answer

you would need to do several things...
1. put the w3d file in the correct art directory (art/w3d/../...w3d)
2. put the required textures in the correct directory (art/compiledtexture/../...tga (or .dds))
3. create an asset.dat, there is a tutorial on that somewhere on the3rdage.net if im not mistaken, otherwise search the forums here, this has been asked multiple times
4. Make sure the DefaultModelConditionState (or something like that, currently dont have code to check exact name) and make sure that the Model = ... has your models name without the .w3d behind it.
5 Ensure this is all saved correctly and that it is all in the correct location, try using the -mod command instead of direct .BIG file editing to prevent other annoying problems related to the asset.dat.

Good luck :)
Ridder Geel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users