I’m going to buy a new computer, and to build it after. But as it has been 8 years that I have not built a computer, I’m not really sure about my selection. I want to be sure that I’m not mistaken.
So, here is my selection:
- CPU : Intel Core i7 3770K
- Graphic card : ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe
- RAM : Kit Quad Channel DDR3 Kingston HyperX Genesis (4x4Go)
- Motherboard : Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC DirectCU II TOP
- Ventirad : Noctua NH-U12P SE2
- HDD : Western Digital VelociRaptor 500Go
- Tower case : NZXT Phantom Black/Orange USB 3.0 Edition
- PSU : Seasonic G-650, 650W
- Monitor : Iiyama ProLite PLX2377HDS-B1
I want a silent computer which can have high performance in games, and which can last some years.
I believe that compatibilities between CPU, GPU and Motherboard are OK.
I have a small doubt about the ventirad. I wanted to one in order to have more silence and to be able in future to overclock the CPU if I want to do that later.
After using the Asus PSU test, I chose a 650W PSU. It seems that the Seasonic G-650 is a good one with good performances on silence, power consumption and heat.
Finally I had doubts about the tower case because of the long size of the Asus GTX 680. I had difficulties to find information about that for many medium cases. So finally I chose a bigger case which looks pretty, and seems to have good performances on silence and cooling.
About the monitor, at the moment I chose this one because I wanted to buy all pieces on the same website. But if I would decide to buy on several websites, I could change it.
So I thank you in advance for your advice and your time spent answering me.
Edited by Gourbish, 18 January 2013 - 10:21 PM.