Garrisonable Arrow Towers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Vahagn

Vahagn
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

Hey guys! I wanna do something, hope you can help me. I was wondering if it's possible to make the Arrow Towers in this picture "garrisonable". I'd like to man them with archers, so that they can fire arrows from inside. I think 2 garrisonable slots will be enough (just like the Arrow Tower the builders can construct). Is it possible? Can you tell me what to do? Thanks.

Attached File  sshot0001.bmp   2.25MB   147 downloads

#2 damianbt88

damianbt88

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Projects:AMSG
  •  Ctrl+C Ctrl+V Master

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

just compare arrowtowerexpansion.ini with some other garnisonable structures

ak-ulub laam gûkrûrz-ulub lûp-al

#3 Vahagn

Vahagn
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

OMG! I can't believe it! I did it myself!  :ohmy:  :grin:  :thumbsupcool: YAAAY!!! Ok, so the arrowtowerexpansion you mentioned was actually wrong, as it's the tower attached to the fortress, the tall one that cannot be garrisoned and fires only one arrow. I wanted the tower that can be constructed on the wall segment! I found it! I went to men\battletower.ini and found this code in the ENGINEERING Parameters:

Behavior = HordeGarrisonContain ModuleTag_HordeGarrison
 		ObjectStatusOfContained			= UNSELECTABLE CAN_ATTACK ENCLOSED
 		ContainMax              		= 2
 		DamagePercentToUnits    		= 0%
 		PassengerFilter					= GENERIC_FACTION_GARRISONABLE
		AllowEnemiesInside				= No
		AllowAlliesInside				= No
		AllowNeutralInside				= No
		AllowOwnPlayerInsideOverride	= Yes
 		NumberOfExitPaths       		= 1											
 		PassengerBonePrefix     		= PassengerBone:ARROW_ KindOf:INFANTRY
 		EntryPosition					= X:0.0 Y:0.0 Z:0.0
		EntryOffset						= X:50.0 Y:0.0 Z:0.0
		ExitOffset						= X:50.0 Y:0.0 Z:0.0
		EnterSound						= RuinedTowerEnterSound
		ShowPips						= No
	End

THIS is what I need! I then copied this to the "ENGINEERING Parameters" part of MenWallTowerSmall in men\campsandcastles.ini

It's working now! I can garrison those towers with units. But there's one problem which I can't solve. I can't evacuate those units. The only way is to destroy the tower. From what you guys taught me, I presume we need a commandset for that MenWallTower. I tried to make one but my game gave a crush. I must have did something wrong with that commandset. As I made 2 garrisonable slots, I think the code must look like this:

1 = Command_ExitGarrison
2 = Command_ExitGarrison
6 = Command_Sell
End

But the problem is that as that wall tower doesn't initially have a commandset, I have to create one but I don't know how. Anyone help?  :blush:  This was my first time I actually posted something serious with codes and stuff! So you can congratulate me! :smile2ap:  Thank you all!!!

#4 damianbt88

damianbt88

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  Ctrl+C Ctrl+V Master

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

find ; ***DESIGN parameters *** block in battletower.ini

put this somewhere

CommandSet            = AnyNameCommandSet

go to the commandset.ini create

CommandSet AnyNameCommandSet
    1     = Command_ExitGarrison
    2     = Command_ExitGarrison
    6     = Command_Sell
End

dwarvenmineshaft.ini can be used as a good example

i think some1 told me you have to be more creative... or that was a dream... :rolleyes:

#5 Vahagn

Vahagn
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

Thanks a lot for helping!  <:) I did what you said but differently. I'd like you to review my steps to see if I did everything right. Ok, so I actually went to campsandcastles.ini, found the "MenWallTowerSmall" block. This is the code of the DESIGN Parameters:

// ***DESIGN parameters ***
	DisplayName         = OBJECT:GondorCastleWallArrowTower
	Side                = Men
	EditorSorting       = STRUCTURE
	ThreatLevel			= 1.0

BuildCost           = MEN_WALLTOWER_SMALL_BUILDCOST
	BuildTime           = MEN_WALLTOWER_SMALL_BUILDTIME           ; in seconds
	VisionRange         = VISION_BASE_DEFENSE          ; Shroud clearing distance
	ShroudClearingRange = SHROUD_CLEAR_BASE_DEFENSE

CommandSet   =   SellableCommandSet

As you can see there's a commandset there, named SellableCommandSet. I think this is the thing that shows the "Destroy" button in the Palantir, when you click on the Tower. Now I added another commandset under that one, named "CommandSet     =   MenWallTowerCommandSet". I went to commandset.ini after that, and pasted this after Commandset SellableCommandSet:

CommandSet MenWallTowerCommandSet
	1 = Command_ExitGarrison
	2 = Command_ExitGarrison
	6 = Command_Sell
End

Everything works fine now! I didn't touch the battletower.ini I hope I did everything right. What do you think? One thing that I can't understand is that SellableCommandSet thing. The very first time, I didn't add another command under that one in "campsandcastles.ini". I just went to commandset.ini and added options 1 and 2 under that code. It worked again but I changed my mind and created new one. I thought that'd damage something. What do you think? And thanks again for your help!!!  <^_^

#6 damianbt88

damianbt88

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  Ctrl+C Ctrl+V Master

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

yes you are right better to use new commandset instead of SellableCommandSet (it might be shared with some other files :ermm:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users