Please Help Me!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jesric1029

Jesric1029
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:54 AM

Greetings guys and ladies! I am new to the forum, and for my first post I am pleading for your help!

I have been playing Red Alert 2 since it came out, and have greatly enjoyed the game. I recently stumbled on this mod and was totally blown away, I can no longer play YR without getting to try this mod, all I can think about is all the new units!

The problem however, is that I can not get it to run. I believe the reason for this may be that I am using a portable Yuris Revenge. Before you judge me as a theif please understand I have actually purchased Red Alert 2 several times, when it first came out and later as well. It is however no longer sold in stores near me, and seems overpriced on Amazon, so I downloaded a portable version and feel good about it since I have bought the game before.

The issue that I am having is when I attempt to activate the mod I get a "Can't locate mod" message. I have moved the XML file throughout the directory, and am running in compatibility mode. Is it at all possible to work it with a portable Red Alert: YR?

I thank you all for taking the time to read this and answer me, I hope you have good news because I would LOVE to play this mod during my breaks from Black Ops 2!

#2 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

Hello Jesric1029, welcome to the forums! Glad you like the mod.

Can you tell us more about this 'portable' version of the game? Is it the stripped down, XWIS, version of the game, or a NoCD hack? Mental Omega 2.0 does not support nor works on cracked versions of the game.

#3 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,992 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

XCC mod launcher, which 2.0 uses, won't work if there's no registry for Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge. However, while XWIS version provides registries, for some reason the mod still wouldn't activate.

Is it really a 'Can't locate mod' message though? I haven't heard of such before.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users