Mental Omega not working TFD

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 schpasm

schpasm
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

Alright, I've used Marshal's cleaner to clean my account, multiple times, I've confirmed none of the files in the txt doc are in the directory, I've made sure to patch TFD again, multiple times, to 1.02 (even though that confuses me because I don't see any differences for Red Alert 2), I've even given up on manual installation and tried to use Desura to sort it out.

Before, of course, I inevitably had to start poking into the directory files again trying to figure out why it won't work. What else am I supposed to do? NPSE installs just fine, or at least I think it does. Don't really see a difference in game, beyond the starting menu. "Patch TFD to 1.02" doesn't do anything. I've gotten the same error the entire time--- "Error activating mod." Everytime I try to launch it from Desura, it won't even stay up. It asks me to give admin permission to run "gamemd.exe" and then crashes after a few seconds. 

Shockwave never gave me this much trouble. I have no idea what's wrong. -_-

I think it's an issue with that gamemd.exe file. I went over to C&C Mashup, cause that uses XCC too, to see what that did if I tried to start up the game with that mod. That mod did the same thing as launching YR with Desura.

It'd seem to boot up,  minimize with a request to make changes to the computer by gamemd.exe, and then crash after I gave the authorization. 

EDIT:

All of a sudden, mental omega's working with me and booting up too. It's not giving me the "error activating mod" error anymore, but like mashup, and like a Desura boot of YR, it refuses to fully boot up. It'll start, ask me to allow gamemd.exe to make changes, and then crash shortly after. 

I've been playing with the Npatch and removal tool to get it this far. 

Edited by Zenothist, 16 February 2013 - 12:00 AM.

#2 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

Hmmm,. never used Desura for YR... not sure if that would even work.

IMO use the ModDB download.

kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#3 schpasm

schpasm
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

Hmmm,. never used Desura for YR... not sure if that would even work.

IMO use the ModDB download.

My manual install doesn't work either. The gamemd.exe file from Npatch I think is the problem, but I don't know what could be wrong. I've reinstalled, installed, and reinstalled Npatch numerous times, and I've stared at the gamemd.exe as I did that. It looks like it's working. Npatch Manager says I'm properly patched and installed every time I use it. Gamemd.exe changes as advertised when installed and uninstalled.

Any ideas?

#4 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

Well, tell where it crashes. Screenshot your contents of your RA2 folder... you're not enough exact for me to figure it out.

kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#5 schpasm

schpasm
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

As I said, I click activate mod on MO APYR 2.0psi, it does the YR launching pop up, it asks me to allow gamemd.exe (the Npatched version) to make changes to my computer, launches to a black screen, stays like that for a few moments, then crashes to desktop.

Contents of my RA2 folder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users