Bad lag

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 homiair13

homiair13
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

Hey everyone, I need to find out why I got really bad lag with this game. Its to the point to where I can only do 1v1. If I do more its kinda unplayable. So here's my specs.

OS Window 7 64bit

Processor: AMD athlon 2 (four core) 3.10 GHz 

RAM 6 GB

Video card AMD Radeon HD 6670 (up to date driver)

The game is installed correctly. I've tried ares version dc03.12.35.625 as well as dc03.12.347.1255 and even 03.13.19.1183

Someone said my computer might be to 'new' which is understandable so the question is how could I make my computer less new figuratively speaking?

I have a second hard drive that I thought I could load up Windows XP on. Would that help?

Thanks to anyone who helps.

#2 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

Maybe it will.

Honestly, I have a feeling that D-Day itself has some culprits as well, it's quite slower than some of the other mods.

kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#3 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

Have you tried running RA2MD.exe, Syringe.exe & RunAres.bat in different compatibility modes & also as admin etc?

Graion do you think Alex's Gfx patcher would help in anyway?

I personally only get lag when I'm playing Vs several hard AIs & the inevitable pathfinding problems slow things down. The next beta will have reduced trailer anims & particles so maybe that might help.   

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

The gfx patcher is actually the branch which was known as more-graphics back in v02 days in a binary patcher form. It is certainly included in v03 and IIRC also on dc03 tho dunno on that one.

Partly pacing but there are just a lot of smokes on the animations and that do slows the game down a lot.

Edited by Graion Dilach, 17 March 2013 - 03:03 PM.

kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#5 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:14 AM

You may wish to try Translucency=0 in smoke particles potentially to turn off their transparency regardless of detail level or use 25,50,75 solid value, default if not specified is the Translucent=yes system which is slowest afaik. Still, particles by their nature lag due to constant spawn via spawnframes.

Edited by Apollo, 18 March 2013 - 04:15 AM.

Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#6 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:37 AM

I've been testing a new 8 player map which can lag somewhat with 7 hard AIs fighting it out. I removed all smoke particles, debris, screen shake, etc & got some increase in performance during big battles but it didn't feel like much.

The biggest improvement tho was when I disabled the Normalized tag on everything, I noticed that as AIs where defeated the game speed jumped up, unlike before when the speed would be constantly slow during a 8 player game. TBH I'm not sure if that's a good  thing, as I found myself lowering the game speed as the game went on to compensate but I'm sure some of you want to play at max speed tho.   

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

I've said for years that normalized should be removed from everything, it is baaad and laggy system.

Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#8 homiair13

homiair13
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

I've added an extra 2 GB of ram and that helps some, Im up to 4 medium AIs which is much better then before. Tried the capability idea but no noticeable difference.

I've noticed its worse whenever I have a Russian AI on the map (all the rockets perhaps?) Also I normally play on speed level 3 or 4. It's what I enjoy plus when 10+ IS7s come knocking on your door ya need a little time :p

And Apollo where would the translucency setting be at? Btw thanks everyone.

#9 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:06 AM

The Russian rocket artillery is going to get a new projectile & trailer soon which should run a lot smoother.

The translucency setting is in the artmd.ini, IIRC tho I already disabled translucency on everything in v3.6.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users