contra beta 008 feedback balance bugs

• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#41 Clive19

Clive19
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

I really enjoyed this beta, even more than I enjoyed 007. 

I'm not really sure what the complains about the Web defence system are, I find it useful.  It also isn't infalable, when playing against a Laser general AI, they were regularly able to destroy the designators.  Surprising that it can hit air targets though.

Aside from one or two that have been mentioned already I came across a couple of things. 

ICBM

- I like the explosion animation

- However they door on the silo snaps shut when the missile has launched, rather than closing slowly like the particle cannon.

GLA Workers

- They are hard to select individually by clicking on them.  Harder than normal infantry units.

Saturn

- Love it, however

- As mentioned it goes invisible and unselectable, it appears to happen when it gets damaged

- It can't be group selected (for instance if you have built three and are trying to move them)

Otherwise, very positive moves, I'm really enjoying playing it, can't wait for the finished version

PS, what role is the "Iron Dragon" with the chinese supposed to fulfil?  It can be helpful but I don't know if I'm using it right if I don't know what it's for.

#42 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

All of your reports are known to us. Iron Dragon is Nuclear general's first available aircraft. It is good versus any ground targets and does not need to return to Airfield. Use Iron Dragons carefully, though. They are like helicopters. Don't attack anti-aircraft directly with them and try to avoid them.

Edited by predator_bg, 05 May 2013 - 04:16 PM.

#43 ztz104

ztz104
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:30 AM

Hi Guys! The 008 mod is amazing! I love every unit!! But the AI seems broken. Keep up the good work!! 

#44 rodonmanes

rodonmanes
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

I´ve tried to play 2 games, and as far as i know, the only AI that works little, is infantry and toxic generals, and they don´t do much, barely build units and buildings. It took me 5 minutes to wipe out 4 very hard, so... the AI definitely needs fixing if this mod is to be tested further :) Thanx for an awesome mod! 

#45 ztz104

ztz104
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

Dude try playing insane ai, some starting point on tournament maps have ai error.

#46 ASD_auz

ASD_auz
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

some stuff i found...

the infantry general cann with the 5 star upgrade clone units.. also the hackers and so can go around the limit of 16 hackers

the chinese can build multiple techcenter... USA and GLA as far as i have seen it can build only one

in the upgrade menu there you can spend your general points... for the flame general the icon for the artilery veteran upgrade is broken

again for flame.. Dong Feng and the Dozer seems not to be affected to speakertower... it dont show the red +

fo far...

and dont understand me wrong.. this is not complaining... just want to help somehow... i love contra!!!

#47 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

the infantry general cann with the 5 star upgrade clone units.. also the hackers and so can go around the limit of 16 hackers

It was already reported. Creator said that it is not a big deal since the player is rank 5 and Internet Centers are still limited. The new Hackers will be exposed and it will be easy to kill them by using general's powers.

the chinese can build multiple techcenter... USA and GLA as far as i have seen it can build only one

It is known to us.

in the upgrade menu there you can spend your general points... for the flame general the icon for the artilery veteran upgrade is broken

We know about it too.

again for flame.. Dong Feng and the Dozer seems not to be affected to speakertower... it dont show the red +

Creator said it's a bug in the engine.

#48 Dr. Lord

Dr. Lord

Just Evil

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Projects:Learning...
  •  Evils are not born. Evils are made.

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:54 PM

Bug report

Flame General's Migs can make a firestorm which causes a graphical glitch, witch is a terrible chaotic anomaly. I can see only red-orange lines, like a Laser Aurora's bomb, just more brutal.

#49 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Art (models, textures, wallpapers...)
  •  Color check! Is this text blue?

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:48 AM

Those glitches appear randomly, we dont know what is causing them.
Posted Image

#50 ASD_auz

ASD_auz
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:18 PM

today i played asaultforces vs robots

with the alshain i was able to  take over the half basis of the robots becaus their defens did attack alshain bot like if it is on grund.. all rockets hit the ground under alshain... after i have taken over the half basis the robots had the idea to build anti air  trucks and shoot me down..

#51 Nightfiraous

Nightfiraous
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

I love the mod now that i got it installed though i do have a few problems and suggestions

the script missing makes it hard to read what units you are making though that will take time to fix i understand

takes forever to rank up 

the AI seems to be set to a rushing only or a no attack at all

medium and hard AI are just a little too brutal even with an experienced player

nuke general, though he has the nuke storm he needs some base defenses his units are op but it is hard to build up forces. bug with the nuke storm is that it takes way to long to reload cause it is op but the countdown clock is slow

Assault general, love this general but the train seems to not be working

Infantry general, cloning dont work at all

again the main problem i have is with the rank up system it takes too long 

some suggestions 

super weapon general have some units that use plasma 

revamp the cyber generals time for supports my lord it takes forever. 

that is it for now 

#52 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:09 AM

the script missing makes it hard to read what units you are making though that will take time to fix i understand

Script missing? Do you see something like "MISSING:bla-bla-bla"? What game version do you have? German? Polish?

takes forever to rank up

You have to be more aggressive and attack your enemy more frequently.

It still happens with some generals, but not all of them.

I am experienced and I don't find them hard. AI is predictable. It uses the same attack paths and does the same things over and over again.

nuke general, though he has the nuke storm he needs some base defenses his units are op but it is hard to build up forces. bug with the nuke storm is that it takes way to long to reload cause it is op but the countdown clock is slow

Nuclear general is built up on the idea to have great firepower, but weak defense. It balances out.

What train? Units training general's power?

How did you use it?

Edited by predator_bg, 12 May 2013 - 06:10 AM.

#53 Dr. Lord

Dr. Lord

Just Evil

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

Trees burning down will revert to the old graphical state (to a smaller one). Trees are too big, sometimes I can't see my own units in the woods. Trees tread by a vechicle will stay on the ground forever; it is very irritating. It should dissapear.

#54 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:47 AM

Trees burning down will revert to the old graphical state (to a smaller one). Trees are too big, sometimes I can't see my own units in the woods. Trees tread by a vechicle will stay on the ground forever; it is very irritating. It should dissapear.

It has already been said that trees in Beta are just placeholders and are NOT finished.

Edited by predator_bg, 13 May 2013 - 11:47 AM.

#55 Nightfiraous

Nightfiraous
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

Script missing? Do you see something like "MISSING:bla-bla-bla"? What game version do you have? German? Polish?

takes forever to rank up

You have to be more aggressive and attack your enemy more frequently.

It still happens with some generals, but not all of them.

I am experienced and I don't find them hard. AI is predictable. It uses the same attack paths and does the same things over and over again.

Nuclear general is built up on the idea to have great firepower, but weak defense. It balances out.

What train? Units training general's power?

How did you use it?

infantry general cloning  i tried it on a hacker and black lotus didn't work 

the train is the rank 5 for the assualt general what is it exactly. 

aslo for the ranking up even being agressive it takes forever

and i have an english version of the game

#56 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

Cloning on Black Lotus won't work. It is unfair to have unlimited heroes.

By "train", do you mean experience?

Contra has a unique ranking system and ranking up is slower than in vanilla Zero Hour. You will get used to it.

#57 Nightfiraous

Nightfiraous
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

Contra has a unique ranking system and ranking up is slower than in vanilla Zero Hour. You will get used to it.

no i mean the cloning didnt work on a hacker

aslo i meant when you get most gla generals to rank 5 you have a train option what is it exactly, and i do have a lot of suggestions if you care to hear them new units and what not

#58 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

no i mean the cloning didnt work on a hacker

aslo i meant when you get most gla generals to rank 5 you have a train option what is it exactly, and i do have a lot of suggestions if you care to hear them new units and what not

Cloning should work on Hackers.

The training general's power trains all combat units to veterans (they will be built with first experience level).

#59 ASD_auz

ASD_auz
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

i can confirm cloning for hackers did work

#60 Dr. Lord

Dr. Lord

Just Evil

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

i can confirm cloning for hackers did work

Yes it works. And altough you have limit on Hackers, is it fair to have more Hackers? Yes, they're vulnerable, but if I can have 10 more Hackers they'll generate me more money than 6 Supply carriers, until I can protect them. And if I have more income, I could have more opportunities to protect them. Cloning must not work on Hackers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users