The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:21 AM

ok,

something really weird happened with me today,

i was playing with flame gen,

everything was ok until i sent 8 migs on a enemy command Center (insane AI Tank gen, had full HP) to do some damage/ destroy it,

but when the missile hit the buiding i got a weird graphical error in that errior, i was seeing something (yellow-blackish) coming from the firestorm and completely blending the screen!.

i noticed that it happened with another firestorm from one of flame gen's heavy artillery!

it happened only in fire-storm intensive areas, i noticed,

the whole map was fine.

i can't really explain it,

i even tried to get some pics,

but when i try to open/ upload them i get ''invalid format'',

sorry!

Have you ever seen this glitch in 007?

#162 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Projects:thinking...:p
  •  not Red :(

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

ok,

something really weird happened with me today,

i was playing with flame gen,

everything was ok until i sent 8 migs on a enemy command Center (insane AI Tank gen, had full HP) to do some damage/ destroy it,

but when the missile hit the buiding i got a weird graphical error in that errior, i was seeing something (yellow-blackish) coming from the firestorm and completely blending the screen!.

i noticed that it happened with another firestorm from one of flame gen's heavy artillery!

it happened only in fire-storm intensive areas, i noticed,

the whole map was fine.

i can't really explain it,

i even tried to get some pics,

but when i try to open/ upload them i get ''invalid format'',

sorry!

Have you ever seen this glitch in 007?

nope, never had that glitch before iirc

Edited by Thats me!, 16 September 2013 - 08:09 PM.

#163 ethereal2212

ethereal2212
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:57 PM

hey guys , ive been tracking this mod since god knows when and i decide finaly i might have something to say...

after playing the game few hundred times it seems that it is very well designed and i love whats in the game.

there are few points though it came to my attention.

1. sometimes after lunching a nuke or temple of jihad stuff the game crashes if anyone knows what happening its would be awesome :sad2:

2. chalenges are good and hard enough but some of them its imposible to counter ... laser genral is a no no i at least couldnt figure any way to win unless stealth :blinky:

3. i like the campain but im assuming its going to continue in the original version so please keep what ur doing it was awesome

4. nuke general is way too weak at first unless it goes sucidal and plants nuke device in its base :)  at least give it some sort of defence of mine througher or a gatling as star from air and ground its so vunrable its not even funny

and if we say its because of nuke storm well super weapon has a lot of power and it has all sorts of defences comparison is not even close

5. air force is well balanced love it <3

6. tank is awesome , infantry is a swarm and GLA is doing its job well just add a hijacker in the 2nd star and it would be awesome <:)

7. the heros are awesome and i love what u did its perfect :xcahik_:

8. u guys are practically best in making a game and i would totaly support if ur going to run a company on this cuz its much better than crap out there.

:thumbsupcool:

9. just an idea would u guys be able to put a stealing technoloy kind of thing in the game... like red alert cuz it would be the best if GLA can steal technology or china can send hacker or usa can send the sinper or something like that to the oponents tech building and make something worthy or each genral can make something new with tech from other genreal. its an idea i think it would be a good ground for all mythical units out there that people thought about... some thing as ultimate game changer.

:evgr: :alien: :ninja:

Have a blast and enjoy the weekend,

Cheers

#164 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:43 AM

Hi, ethereal2212. Thanks for the feedback. The latest version is still a Beta and its purpose is to detect and fix all problems for the full version. That's why it is less balanced and more glitchy than 007 and still looks unfinished.

1. We have noticed this, but we don't know the cause. Probably engine failure.

2. I know about the problems in Challenge. By the way, Laser general Challenge is already fixed. I'm working on all Challenge maps for the next release.

3. Campaign is nowhere close to finished. Some missions will be removed, others will be added and all of them will be edited. The storyline is messed up in the Beta. And Chinese Campaign is not even available.

4. Nuclear and Super Weapon generals are very weak in the beginning of the game. Something will be done about this.

6. Hijackers will be reconsidered.

9. I'm not sure what Creator will say, but I'll let him know.

#165 ASD_auz

ASD_auz
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

Hi,

i dont think superweapon is week at beginntin. currently with this webdefense.. you only need to begin building them as soon as they are available... and build alot :) I know you will change them because they are verry overpowerred

i also would like to see some defens stuff for nuke

#166 Treble

Treble
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:49 AM

Why USA doesn't have AA infantry? avengers are quite squishy compared to Gats and Quads. Could you make a new AA infantry or make the missile defender attack air but weaker?

Is there any difference when an enemy unit fires outside the energy shield and fires inside the energy shield?

Is this right?
heavy armor: for tanks
light armor: for light vehicles, dozers, artilleries and transports
infantry armor: for infantry
air armor: for air units
building armor: for buildings

main battle tank heavy armor: slightly reduces damage against vehicle attacks
AA heavy armor: reduces damage against air attacks
anti-garrison light armor: reduces damage against infantry attacks
AA infantry armor: reduces damage against air attacks
AT infantry armor: reduces damage against vehicle attacks
AI infantry armor: slightly reduces damage against infantry attacks
interceptor air armor: reduces damage against air attacks
bomber and copter air armor: slightly reduces damage against ground attacks
AA defense building armor: reduces damage against air attacks
ground defense building armor: slightly reduces damage against ground attacks 

#167 Maverick

Maverick
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:59 AM

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for this awesome Mod  <:)

I understand it is a Beta version is incomplete but need to check 2 things

1) Is there an air force general challenge ? because evrtym I open it the game crashes

2) How to end the challenge against Laser General ? Even after destroying its full base and army the game never ends

Cheers

#168 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

1) Is there an air force general challenge ? because evrtym I open it the game crashes

2) How to end the challenge against Laser General ? Even after destroying its full base and army the game never ends

1. The first map it loads is probably messed up.

2. Unfortunately, there are missing game ending scripts. The next version will have this fixed.

#169 starja

starja
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

Whenever I attempt to start a skirmish it crashes and tells me it's encountered a serious error. I've played a few maps before and it was ok, but the last 5 4-player maps I've tried have crashed it. Any ideas?

#170 ASD_auz

ASD_auz
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:03 PM

Hi,

not sure how it realy work if i have some time i will try to verify.

but it looks like the web defense from SW have two range issues

first. somtime the webdefense fires at enemys but no "scanner" turret is in range. strange example i played with a friend and my webdefense fired at enemys in his base but there was no turret from my in his base

second. on large maps i have some "fireing" turrets in my base and on the other side of the map i send some airborne dozers and start to build webdefense "scanner" and the select eneys (with this green selecting bow) but nothing fires but ims sure i have some loaded firein ready turrets in my base...  is there some range within the scanner must be and if soutside it will not work??

Regards

ASD

#171 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:57 PM

Hi,

not sure how it realy work if i have some time i will try to verify.

but it looks like the web defense from SW have two range issues

first. somtime the webdefense fires at enemys but no "scanner" turret is in range. strange example i played with a friend and my webdefense fired at enemys in his base but there was no turret from my in his base

second. on large maps i have some "fireing" turrets in my base and on the other side of the map i send some airborne dozers and start to build webdefense "scanner" and the select eneys (with this green selecting bow) but nothing fires but ims sure i have some loaded firein ready turrets in my base...  is there some range within the scanner must be and if soutside it will not work??

Regards

ASD

Web Defense Systems were temporarily/permanently removed for Beta 2 because of these bugs. I don't know if coders will find a way to fix them all.

#172 ASD_auz

ASD_auz
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

hmm... beta2 did i missed something? is it already out?...

edit ah found it :)

http://forums.revora...-been-released/

du you want feedback for beta2 also in this tread or a  extra one?

SW backoutmissle system can not build the offered security system ... message say conflicting upgrade

Airforce warfactory "Eye" and "Security system" both have "y" hotkey

Edited by ASD_auz, 11 January 2014 - 05:46 PM.

#173 Adwin Rahmadi

Adwin Rahmadi
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:37 PM

i always having a game crash when china nuke general's nuclear missile exploded... why =(

#174 PossibleSpy

PossibleSpy
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

2. Unfortunately, there are missing game ending scripts. The next version will have this fixed.

Do I have to destroy all of the laser turrets? I'm on the beta2 and it still won't let me defeat the laser general. Also, I saved while playing then reloaded the save and it constantly looped the GLA victory music

#175 Lord Ripper

Lord Ripper
  • New Members
  • 3 posts
  • Projects:Localization Microscopy

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:57 PM

Hi everybody! I'm back! (I had to make an another account here, something is messed up, with the previous one (Dr. Lord))

I love Contra, I love the new units and the new texture and graphics. Contra reached new levels is modding.

My perceptions in the new Contra:

- GLA Explosives Rebel is too hard to point for attack with my units

- USA Cyber Seraphim is not effective against infantrymen; uses missiles to attack them

- USA Cyber Seraphim is not effective against aircraft; uses only missiles to attack them

- USA Cyber Cyborg Commando still has the bug that makes him unable to attack anything near him

- USA Cyber Cyborg Commando can't attack aircraft (is this a feature, or a bug?)

- No initial power. Good. But this way GLA builds way too slow. It takes near 2 minutes to build up an Arms Dealer.

- Can't have Laser it's Laser Strike (the big red laser sweeps trough units, like a carpet bomb) back? There are only a few destructive Special Powers

- Toxins are nerfed a lot; infantry can run through a pool of Difosgen (purple Toxin) without lethal harm

- Radiation's graphics is not good; it blinks and I can't define where does the radiation pool begin

- USA Air Force General needs some kind of firepower boost for missiles (Laser Missiles upgrade). F-18 and F-16 XL are weak

And I have an idea for technology stealing stuff (like ethereal2212 said), or maybe there maybe more options to combine technologies and upgrades. For example: Nuke Howitzer can have Toxin Shells, Air Force Gen's Commache can be upgraded with Carbon Lasers, Nuclear Tanks upgraded chinese tanks with Isotope Stablity won't explode, etc. There can be more options for combining techs and upgrades: GLA Tanks may have Nuclear Tanks upgrade too, AP Rockets can affect USA missiles, AP Bullets may affect Gattlings/Rangers/Commanche/Gauss, etc. If you capture the correct building, and build an upgrade, it will affect your original units.

For global technology stealing (like in RA2), you may have various global buffs if you steal technology from your opponent. The buff depends on the enemy's faction, for example: if you steal from Tank Gen, your units will have +10% armor, if you steal from Cyber Gen, your units will move +10% faster, if you steal from Stealth Gen, your detectors will have +25% range, etc.

#176 ASD_auz

ASD_auz
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:40 PM

Gla Demolition: the airfield is hard to select. klicking on the broken arrow works, klicking on the buildings not realy.

i destroyed somehow my units INSIDE the tunnel with the nuke bomb truck (exploding nearby). tried to reproduce it but then the game got serious error :(

also i had already in skirmisch what i ididiatly about 5sec after start win the game... 

#177 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:47 PM

@LordRipper

I agree with your perceptions. Cyborg Commando does not attack aircraft intentionally. Laser Guided Missiles upgrade was removed, but . F-16XL's firepower was increased in Beta 2 and F-18 Hornet destroys a Laser Tank straight away in comparison to 007 where you needed more than 4 missiles. I don't know about technology stealing. We must talk with our coder about this, and think about different situations.

@ASD_auz

GLA Airfield selection bug is known to us. We'll try to reproduce the thing with Efreet and tunnels.

#178 Lord Ripper

Lord Ripper
  • New Members
  • 3 posts
  • Projects:Localization Microscopy

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:44 PM

About the tech stealing, I already made my own version of it. I think it maybe a better solution, than just having the enemy's units (some cases it is useless to have: mirror match for example). Instead of it, when you steal the technology, you may get various global buffs for your army (like Strategy Center's buffs). The buff depends on the enemy's faction. 

USA SW Gen: -15% Super Weapons and Special abilities cooldown

USA AF Gen: +15% AA range

USA Laser Gen: +10% build speed (buildings and units)

USA Cyber Gen: +10% movement speed

China Tank Gen: +10% armor bonus

China Nuke Gen: +10% firepower (except super weapons)

China Infantry Gen: -15% damage from infantry fire

China Flame Gen: +10% range for units and defences

GLA Poison Gen: -15% damage from toxins, acids, dust clouds

GLA Explosives Gen: -15% damage from explosions

GLA Stealth Gen: stealth detectors gain +15% range

GLA Assault Gen: -10% unit cost

How to steal? May the basic soldiers capture the enemy's specific building applies you the global buff. You may trigger it once, so the destruction of the specific building doesn't mean, that you lose the global buff (specific buildings can be: Command Center, Strategy/Palace/Tech Center, Super Weapons).

#179 ASD_auz

ASD_auz
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:20 PM

@ASD_auz

GLA Airfield selection bug is known to us. We'll try to reproduce the thing with Efreet and tunnels.

tried it this morning never managed to happen again.. today always the tunnel receaves the damage and got damaged/destroyed

Edited by ASD_auz, 19 January 2014 - 01:20 PM.

#180 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:35 PM

@ASD_auz

tried it this morning never managed to happen again.. today always the tunnel receaves the damage and got damaged/destroyed

If the tunnel was owned by AI, it's likely that the AI evacuated all units out of the tunnel before the explosion destroyed them. AI usually does it when an enemy is detected nearby. And you know that there's a small delay before the nuke destroys everything around. Efreet gets visible immediately after detonation has started, and that's before destruction happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users