Hi everybody! I'm back! (I had to make an another account here, something is messed up, with the previous one (Dr. Lord))
I love Contra, I love the new units and the new texture and graphics. Contra reached new levels is modding.
My perceptions in the new Contra:
- GLA Explosives Rebel is too hard to point for attack with my units
- USA Cyber Seraphim is not effective against infantrymen; uses missiles to attack them
- USA Cyber Seraphim is not effective against aircraft; uses only missiles to attack them
- USA Cyber Cyborg Commando still has the bug that makes him unable to attack anything near him
- USA Cyber Cyborg Commando can't attack aircraft (is this a feature, or a bug?)
- No initial power. Good. But this way GLA builds way too slow. It takes near 2 minutes to build up an Arms Dealer.
- Can't have Laser it's Laser Strike (the big red laser sweeps trough units, like a carpet bomb) back? There are only a few destructive Special Powers
- Toxins are nerfed a lot; infantry can run through a pool of Difosgen (purple Toxin) without lethal harm
- Radiation's graphics is not good; it blinks and I can't define where does the radiation pool begin
- USA Air Force General needs some kind of firepower boost for missiles (Laser Missiles upgrade). F-18 and F-16 XL are weak
And I have an idea for technology stealing stuff (like ethereal2212 said), or maybe there maybe more options to combine technologies and upgrades. For example: Nuke Howitzer can have Toxin Shells, Air Force Gen's Commache can be upgraded with Carbon Lasers, Nuclear Tanks upgraded chinese tanks with Isotope Stablity won't explode, etc. There can be more options for combining techs and upgrades: GLA Tanks may have Nuclear Tanks upgrade too, AP Rockets can affect USA missiles, AP Bullets may affect Gattlings/Rangers/Commanche/Gauss, etc. If you capture the correct building, and build an upgrade, it will affect your original units.
For global technology stealing (like in RA2), you may have various global buffs if you steal technology from your opponent. The buff depends on the enemy's faction, for example: if you steal from Tank Gen, your units will have +10% armor, if you steal from Cyber Gen, your units will move +10% faster, if you steal from Stealth Gen, your detectors will have +25% range, etc.