bfme 1

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 Mshraks

Mshraks
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

And I don't think you want to do that anyway, that will just make the hordes contain more soldiers and make them run faster, not make the AI recruit more of them more quickly.
For that, you'd have to edit the campaign map's scripts, or the AI.

Does that mean for all kind of enemy ( Evil Mordor troops/hordes/soldiers ) ?

not make the AI recruit more of them more quickly.
For that, you'd have to edit the campaign map's scripts, or the AI.

Where can i find that file in the INI.Big file if i may ask, thx already.

#22 Rider of Rohan

Rider of Rohan

The Lazy Modder

• Division Leaders
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring and the HD Editions
  •  Mathijs' Bug fix expert
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Leader

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

Well, I know in Minas Tirith and Helms deep they do set up camps that attack after a while so increasing the command pop can increase how many "teams" attack you back.

99dxc486ltde132zg.jpgh5je9noaofg3o26zg.jpg

No parent should have to bury their child - King Theoden

#23 Bofur

Bofur

The Bolicious One

• Hosted
  • 1,766 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Firstborn
  •  The Bolicious T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

And for the campaign scripting, it would do to open up the map in worldbuilder. It's originally in maps.big

left64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruayp.pngAotF.pngright64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruf44.png

#24 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

If there is an ingame code that i can use in the command bar to expand enemy attack groups with 500% that would be great.

There is not. You have to manually edit every single map in the campaign and change it. Needless to say, that in itself would take a massive amount of hours to do properly.

Why not make the Hard AI more powerful? More health, more damage, ect.. That's easier to do.

Edited by Lauri, 04 April 2013 - 10:00 PM.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#25 Mshraks

Mshraks
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:47 AM

If there is an ingame code that i can use in the command bar to expand enemy attack groups with 500% that would be great.

There is not. You have to manually edit every single map in the campaign and change it. Needless to say, that in itself would take a massive amount of hours to do properly.

Why not make the Hard AI more powerful? More health, more damage, ect.. That's easier to do.

Seems to be the best thing to do indeed, but under what line can i find this for editing?

But tbh some masive more troops that are going to attack me would be also a nice sight to see.

Got plenty of time so that will not be the problem.

Btw, thx for all the great advice you guys giving me.

Not much forums i see ppl do this.

Mostly they slam the door in front of you.

#26 Rider of Rohan

Rider of Rohan

The Lazy Modder

• Division Leaders
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:56 AM

Well, if you're in need of further explanation, you can look at tutorials on the main site for BFME modding : http://www.the3rdage.net/ their many tutorials on BFME modding and i know there are some on editing/configuring hordes  to understanding AI there.

#27 Mshraks

Mshraks
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:36 AM

Well, if you're in need of further explanation, you can look at tutorials on the main site for BFME modding : http://www.the3rdage.net/ their many tutorials on BFME modding and i know there are some on editing/configuring hordes  to understanding AI there.

\Searching badly bad cant find any, but im willing to do my best because il like the game but i want much more resistant in the full campaign mode.

I can slaughter them to easy and the Evil attacking army`s are to small.

I want them massive....real massive.

#28 Rider of Rohan

Rider of Rohan

The Lazy Modder

• Division Leaders
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:41 AM

This fella did alot of covering in the general beginner's area, this is a tutorial i really found helpful as well : http://www.the3rdage...tem-744?addview

#29 Mshraks

Mshraks
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:59 AM

This fella did alot of covering in the general beginner's area, this is a tutorial i really found helpful as well : http://www.the3rdage...tem-744?addview

Thanks im reading it all now.

Wll take some time but thats no problem.

Just one quistion more.

Editing the game/ini/gamedata.ini  file, does that cover the changes for all included campaign missions right away.

For example reducing building cost and building times for troops evil troops, does that have straight effect in the campaign game mode.

So if i im playing the good campaign side can i see that the enemy is progressing faster than me?

#30 Rider of Rohan

Rider of Rohan

The Lazy Modder

• Division Leaders
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:04 AM

It might and might not, some maps are scripted to work in a way like the Amon-Hen mission the buildtimes were at least just 5 secs each. But like I said before if you are using the -mod command  it won't work but if you edit the vanilla inin file it will work immediately, but i would suggest using the -mod command so you can use multiplayer. Am i confusing you on this ? 

#31 Mshraks

Mshraks
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:14 AM

Yes im a bit confused hehe.

I only want to mod/tweak some solo/singleplayer campaign settings so it get harder and to get more massive battles with each or particular map/lvl.

If i use a trainer i can increase command points as much as i want.

So i can build 10000 horse man for example ( not mention game will crash due to lag but thats not the point ).

Playing the campaign mode is playing against the computer ( AI ) and i want the PC tp add a massive ammount of Evil troops to.

I think i know how to reduce building cost and building times for the Evil side but even than the computer ( AI) will not add more troops than it has for command points.

#32 Mshraks

Mshraks
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:24 AM

Where can i find the adresses in the INI.big file to edit this all.

If this is easier it will be a nice start, rest comes later.

And has it effect on all campaign map/lvl`s also than?

#33 Rider of Rohan

Rider of Rohan

The Lazy Modder

• Division Leaders
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:24 AM

Well command points cannot be changed in a certain campaign level then back to my knowledge, then again i never tested this, well i don't think you understand the -mod command and stuff i was blabbering about just now :p ? I actually don't know what a trainer is ._. i've heard it before though. The ai has teams the don't normally build actually when you tweak command points, i once got a group of mordor archer which was at least 30 battalions, yep good thing i had Rohirrim. So in other words, the AI has things that were limited in vanilla game, but once you boost command points they'll unleash themselves.

well i don't know how to answer your second post other than increase the amount of units in the teams the AI uses, you'll need world Builder for this and the tutorial mentioned above has a topic on it.

Edited by Rider of Rohan, 05 April 2013 - 05:34 AM.

#34 Mshraks

Mshraks
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:38 AM

The ai has teams the don't normally build actually when you tweak command points, i once got a group of mordor archer which was at least 30 battalions, yep good thing i had Rohirrim. So in other words, the AI has things that were limited in vanilla game, but once you boost command points they'll unleash themselves.

well i don't know how to answer your second post other than increase the amount of units in the teams the AI uses, you'll need world Builder for this and the tutorial mentioned above has a topic on it.

Going to try worldbuilder for it later but what you said about boosting command point`s for mordor troops, were in the ini file can i edit that.

In the data/evilfaction/evilfactionunits.in  ? Is that correct?

And yes what is it with that -mod command?

Edited by Mshraks, 05 April 2013 - 05:39 AM.

#35 Rider of Rohan

Rider of Rohan

The Lazy Modder

• Division Leaders
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:50 AM

Ok well i didn't boost command points for mordor's troops, i only increased the AI's cp ( the same 350 and 750 thingy) but i also increased the hordes in almost of of the units in the game (good as well) but mordor's orcs went from 10 - 20 but editing the horde and yes you can go in there and lower the command points for the troop(s) as well also go in the horde file to modify them (tutorial also should cover this)
Now the mod command is what mods around here normally use, where you don't edit the vanilla file incase you or a downloader can play the vanilla game anytime you want, basically you take a copy of the ini file and place it in :
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\My Battle for Middle-earth Files

and name if what ever you want it to be ( mine in this case : RidersMod)

so you have RidersMod.big and you edit that one once you are done you need to create a link to that mod now so you use the "-mod command", Basically you copy yhe BFME shortcut and rename the shortcut (whatever you want) and go to the Target box and you should see :

"C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Battle for Middle-earth ™\lotrbfme.exe"

You change it to 

"C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Battle for Middle-earth ™\lotrbfme.exe" -mod (Modname)RidersMod.big

and once you start it up you can play your mod - the gamedata changed DO NOT Work through this, so you have to make your own "macros" for the game to read

#36 Maximan

Maximan

Some Dude

• Hosted
  • 572 posts
  • Projects:BFME: Classic Edition

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

" InitialPayload = Mordorfighter 25 " Simply says okay we got 25 mordor fighters, then go create the positions at  ranknumbers then, it says we got 25 fighters and the positions able are here and here (if that made sense)

now go down to "slots = 25" that simply means there are 25 units avaible at positions or slots w/e

so we could do

InitialPayload = Mordorfighter 25
 InitialPayload = Mordorarcher 25
 Slots = 50 

( this is like a combo Horde so you can get the idea of what both commands are used for )

then make ranknumbers for each, dunno if this made any sense.

Edited by MaximanBFME2Tut, 05 April 2013 - 09:01 AM.

#37 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:49 AM

Where can i find the adresses in the INI.big file to edit this all.

If this is easier it will be a nice start, rest comes later.

And has it effect on all campaign map/lvl`s also than?

It's at the end of gamedata.ini, under AI BONUSES.

;----------------------------AI BONUSES-----------------------------------
#define EASY_AI_SINGLE_PLAYER_DAMAGE_MULT	25%
#define MEDIUM_AI_SINGLE_PLAYER_DAMAGE_MULT 	100%
#define HARD_AI_SINGLE_PLAYER_DAMAGE_MULT	120%

#define EASY_AI_MULTI_PLAYER_DAMAGE_MULT	100%
#define MEDIUM_AI_MULTI_PLAYER_DAMAGE_MULT	100%
#define HARD_AI_MULTI_PLAYER_DAMAGE_MULT	100%

As you can see, the Hard AI only does +20% extra damage. You'll probably want to change this :p I'm pretty darn sure that the SINGLE_PLAYER is for the campaign, due to the -75% penalty to damage on the Easy AI. You can ignore the MULTI_PLAYER unless you want them tougher in Skirmish battles too.

Now, if you are to change gamedata.ini, you cannot use the -mod command. You'll have to edit the file directly inside INI.big where you installed the game. Gamedata.ini is the only file that doesn't work with the -mod command. I suggest you take a backup of the INI.big before you do this.

And regarding more enemy units. There is another place in gamedata.ini you could try to alter:

;;; COMMAND POINTS FOR SOLO PLAY AI ;;;
  GoodCommandPointsAI = 200 
  EvilCommandPointsAI = 600 

If you increase those you might get lucky. But in scripted maps (ie, Helm's Deep, Minas Tirith, etc..) you probably won't see any difference until the main battle is over. But if I understood it correctly, the above will affect the cap for the enemy on the campaign.

Good luck!

Edited by Lauri, 05 April 2013 - 09:50 AM.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#38 Mshraks

Mshraks
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:51 AM

Ok finally fixed and tuned my campaign levels.

Finally even with a trainer on the background is almost impossible to fight these massive Evil army`s.

No lag also.

Just one question.

Is it possible to edite/ingrease the zoom in/out distance?

Still when im zoomed out maxe during gameplay im still to close and i play on a resolution of 1680x1050?

So if its possible to edit the zoom distance plz let me know how.

#39 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:25 AM

That is in gamedata.ini too. Just seach for DefaultCameraMaxHeight and change it.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#40 Mshraks

Mshraks
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

Very much thx m8 :w00t:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users