Photo

Contra 8 beta big problem

Best Answer predator_bg, 04 May 2013 - 08:20 AM

The game can not load new language file. Everything works properly with English version, but there can be problems with non-English versions. Language file is packed inside "!Contra008BetaEn.big". You need FinalBig tool. This package contains only one file - generals.csf, placed into /Data/English/ folder. Rename "English" folder. If you use German version - rename in into "German". If Spanish version - rename into "Spanish" and so on. You must also open "!Contra008Beta.big" package and rename "English" folder there. To rename, click on Edit -> Rename File.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 VSG24

VSG24
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:39 AM

Hi,

as you can see i have a very big problem.

I have installed contra 8 beta in a clean zero hour installation. but:

70120897909385521664.jpg

no picture of some powers and also in command center with some other buliding and ....

what should i do to fix this problem??

#2 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:20 AM   Best Answer

The game can not load new language file. Everything works properly with English version, but there can be problems with non-English versions. Language file is packed inside "!Contra008BetaEn.big". You need FinalBig tool. This package contains only one file - generals.csf, placed into /Data/English/ folder. Rename "English" folder. If you use German version - rename in into "German". If Spanish version - rename into "Spanish" and so on. You must also open "!Contra008Beta.big" package and rename "English" folder there. To rename, click on Edit -> Rename File.

#3 VSG24

VSG24
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

Problem solved

Thank bro.

#4 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

Problem solved

Thank bro.

Glad it worked. Have fun!

#5 xXAndy78Xx

xXAndy78Xx
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:57 PM

this seems like a good enough place to post my issue, as i coundn't find a report issues post, i've been playing Contra for ages, currently have Contra 8 final installed, i'am having issues with the Nuke General Intro, when the Nuke should launch, it doesn't the Nuke cannons just keep firing, and can't get any further than that.. any ideas?

#6 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:48 PM

this seems like a good enough place to post my issue, as i coundn't find a report issues post, i've been playing Contra for ages, currently have Contra 8 final installed, i'am having issues with the Nuke General Intro, when the Nuke should launch, it doesn't the Nuke cannons just keep firing, and can't get any further than that.. any ideas?

It's a strange glitch which appeared with our latest version. Restart the map a few times. Sometimes you can pass the intro with restarting. I'll fix this in the next version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users