emolewsonn
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

My rotwk is 2.0.1 

Downloaded RJ-Rotwk

Extracted them to Drive:C

And i don't see the mod shortcut whether in the rar or after excracting them

maybe i forgotten something or i might have understood them wrong, please do a video tutorial or something 

and now the original game couln't be opened

Edited by emolewsonn, 07 May 2013 - 11:20 AM.

#2 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:10 PM

Nothing that you have said you have done will make the game stop working. You may need to uninstall and re-install your game.

You will need to make your own mod shortcut:

1) Find or make a shortcut for Rise of the Witch-king (This can be the shortcut that you use to play the game)

2) Copy this shortcut. You can rename it.

3) Get the shortcut properties and in the Target field you will see this.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\lotrbfme2ep1.exe"

This target may be different on your computer. It should be the path to the game .exe

4) Type or copy this into it:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\lotrbfme2ep1.exe" -mod "C:\RJ_RotWK_1_06"

"C:\RJ_RotWK_1_06" is the path to the mod folder. It should be the same since you extracted the mod into C. :)

I don't think there needs to be a video tutorial. Note to myself: I may make one for SEE when it comes out.

Did you read the instructions in the readme? You didn't say that you did. ;)

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#3 emolewsonn

emolewsonn
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:32 PM

Done everything you said, and the shortcut couldn't be opened, and i have read  the readme anyway, 

What i did:

Uninstalled and re-installed
Patched 2.0.1 
Extracted RJ_RotWK_1_06 to C:drive
Copied the shortcut from desktop to C:Drive and renamed (since i don't know if its optional or necessary as you didn't mention)
Changed the Target path "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\lotrbfme2ep1.exe" -mod "C:\RJ_RotWK_1_06"
Double click this shortcut and it doesn't want to open again.

#4 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

The readme is more clear than what I can be here.

Copied the shortcut from desktop to C:Drive and renamed (since i don't know if its optional or necessary as you didn't mention)

I have no idea what you did here? ;p

The shortcut doesn't need to be moved.

Okay. Try again. Two questions: Does the game work without the mod? Are you using a cracked version?

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#5 emolewsonn

emolewsonn
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:31 PM

In the Readme There's only one step to install it . these are what it say in the readme

Okay this is the third one in the series, the 1st two being RC and Edain

Just to let you know, I have a back up in here so no need to make backups
The backup is in the folder 
to revert, just copy paste backup to Rj-RotWK_1_06

Installation

1.) Extract the RJ_RotWK_1_06 to C drive
DONE

Credits
Rob. J. for making this absolutely perfect mod

GeneralTantor for teaching me how to do this

Contact
PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU FIND A BUG/A UNIT THAT DOESN'T STAY!
louisfordm@gmail.com thebeavster@ymail.com goto download page in moddb and look at the uplaoder, why do I do this? Because I frequently change names

Now if you want this mod to work immediately, then test it on a small map and make the enemy or you 95% handicap, see the dead bodies stay for 3+ hours plus

Unisntall

1.) Goto RJ_RotWK_1_06 folder and goto ~Backup!
2.) Copy/paste or cut/paste into RJ_RotWK_1_06
3.) OVERWRITE ALL

The game doesn't work after extracting RJ_RotWK_1_06 into C:drive
And it works even before doing those steps but it will be as the original one
I downloaded the official origin 2.0.1 patch and i havent tried opening them yet to see if its cracked itself with the patch so i didn't know if i t's needed to download the crack an crack it, so i don't know
btw, Does the shortcut mod should appear in the .rar or after extracting them? damn it's confusing i'm not good with those stuffs
Hope you or  anyone can do a video tutorial please? so i know what are my mistakes and how it's supposed to be like ,and it could help anyone who are experiencing these issues :/

I'm dying as hell to try this mod

Edited by emolewsonn, 07 May 2013 - 06:34 PM.

#6 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:22 AM

Where did you download this? It doesn't look like you downloaded it from the right place.

I am working on a video for your sake, it is painfully simple to me, but I have been doing it for years. ;p But it'll take some time so possibly tomorrow.

Also have a look around these forums and the internet for other people that had problems with this.

#7 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:34 AM

The RAR file should contain 7 items. Those are:

RJ_RotWK_1_06 (folder)

credits.txt

installation.txt

InstructionsAudioVideo.txt

readme_1_05_06.txt

readme_1_06.txt

RJ-RotWK 1.06 (link)

The first one, the folder is what you want to extract to C.  The link is what you want to extract to your desktop, or wherever you want to put it.  Is that what you did?

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#8 emolewsonn

emolewsonn
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

I am working on a video for your sake, it is painfully simple to me, but I have been doing it for years. ;p But it'll take some time so possibly tomorrow.

Than's MattTheLegoMan, i'm looking forward for the video tutorial, please reply

Edited by emolewsonn, 09 May 2013 - 06:39 PM.

#9 emolewsonn

emolewsonn
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

@Devon, Uhm to be honest i don't know what i'm doing, That's not what it contains in the rar. that i've downloaded from and it's from moddb.

#10 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

Huh, that's strange.  Try downloading it from this website instead, and if that works follow my instructions and see if it's better.

http://lordofthering.../RJ_RotWK;98265

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#11 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:58 AM

If I ever say. Oh, I'm going to make a movie now. Somebody please stop me. It turned out to be something horribly complex for me to do, with very little information being passed on. Hahahaha ;)

Here's a video, it won't help much. What I seriously recommend is downloading RJ-mod from the correct place as Devon has posted.

Also - can I have a link to the version you downloaded before?

All that I show in this video is where and how to get the shortcut target. You do not need to open a new text document - I just use it to show what is inside the shortcut target. Like I posted before, this is what needs to be copied and pasted into the shortcut target (if the correct RJ-mod is placed in the correct location)

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\lotrbfme2ep1.exe" -mod "C:\RJ_RotWK_1_06"

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 10 May 2013 - 06:02 AM.

#12 emolewsonn

emolewsonn
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:48 PM

i've downloaded the real rar,it looks as what you mentioned,but it still doesnt work 

what i done:

patch it to 2.0.1

change path from the shortcut mod

i double click the shortcut mod , nothing opens as it refuse to open

#13 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:51 AM

Hm, that's odd.  What was the target path originally?  And also the shortcut path?

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#14 emolewsonn

emolewsonn
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:57 PM

Target : "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\lotrbfme2ep1.exe" -mod "C:\RJ_RotWK_1_06"

Start in : "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king"

My rotwk is installed in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king

RJ_RotWK_1_06 folder in C:

Rotwk is patched to 2.0.1

what else have i gone wrong?  :flame:

rj bug.png

when i double click rj shortcut this is what appeared in task manager then disappeared 

--

more details

--

rj bug 2.png

rj bug 3.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users