Pheeew! We're finally there...
This weekend is entirely (well as much as possible) dedicated to finishing Moria (excluding some postponded heavy coded things according to the ToDo list, that I really need help with) as to reaching the point of where I need serious beta testing help. I'm still plowing methodically and thorughly through the INIs to look for inconsistancys and misshaps, missing codes, duplicates, etc as well as general cleaning of the sometimes quite messy codes. The goal is to unify and make sure that all structures share the same coding just like the units should share the same coding, so that nothing is missing. I'm also aiming for cleaner codes so that bug searching, additions, removals and all kinds of alterations in the codes will come easier. There is a LOT to do when you're being this thorough. For instance, making sure all structure buildups and destruction anims are set, bibs for normal and snow maps, window lights and fire FX - as well as verifying unit and hero anims, reactions, behaviors, powers and abilities, audio, sounds and voices, art and buttons... etc etc etc
This is however, the best and ONLY way to make sure SEE is not only looking great, but also running great. Now, what I need is to assemble a team of really dedicated Beta Testers. My old SEE Team have included a staff of BT's, but as the years have gone by people have dropped off. I won't let just anybody in (no hard feelings) as this involves access to the private beta and the repository at Google repo as well as the SEE Staff forums. You will need to live up to the following things;
1) Be a serious SEE fan/player.
2) Have time to beta test at least a couple of times/week so you can deliver observations in a dedicated topic in staff somewhat regulary, as you find them. I have no need for BT's that pop up one/month or such.
3) Focus on Moria, and Moria alone! No other faction is ready for testing. This means "playing" with only Moria or Moria vs Moria.
4) Respect the material (assets) at hand and not "steal" anything to another mod without permission (most of our models are made for or given to SEE and may not be used elsewhere without permission from the modeler that made them, just as the coding belongs to me, my ex coder Sûl and/or my assistant coder Ridder Geel).
5) Understand that what is needed is tedious testing, and not playing. Build everything, observe costs, build times, strings, anims, FX, sounds... everything, and take notes of whatever you find or observe as you deem worthy to mention. I'll decide of it requires adjusting or fixing.
6) Be known at these forums, to me or someone that I know that can vouch for you.
7) Perhaps most importantly; know how to operate an SVN client (I use Tortoise SVN) and use it with a repo like our Google Repository.
My plan is to have Moria all set by july and during my 4 weeks vacation, I will finish Erebor faction so we can beta test Erebor in late august and release a playable and HIGHLY revised version of SEE by september, featuring Moria vs Erebor! This is my plan and I will do all I can to stick to it, depending on help from you with testing, from RG with some coding and perhaps most crucially from modelers with the models needed.
If you want to BT for SEE and if you agree to the terms above, apply here or via PM
Edited by Nazgûl, 18 May 2013 - 12:39 PM.