Photo

BFME: Classic Edition - Hosting Request!

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Maximan

Maximan

Some Dude

• Hosted
  • 572 posts
  • Projects:BFME: Classic Edition

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

BFME: Classic Edition, a BFME 1.0.3 Modification.

Hello everyone, I would like to introduce you to my mod on certain things, what our goal in creating this mod is, what we've done, and some of the stuff we are working on...

Let's start off simple, what our goal is: Our goal in creating this mod is to reach the BFME Pre-release (DEMO/BETA).

What we have done so far:

Gondor:
*Brand new Animations for Gondor Archers(The Gondor Soldiers all ready had the demo anims ingame, if you didn't know), To look like the demos.
*More Emotions, has been added into the units.
*More realism has been added to the trebuchet (Shooting Projectiles)
*More realism has been added to the Arrows (Projectiles..)
*Trebuchet rocks can now bounce 2 times after hitting the ground
*Aragorn will be a new Gondor Hero, he will start at lvl 10, but the cost is high. (Rohan still got Aragorn too, but the Gondor one is looking a lot different.)
*More realism has been added to the Hordes/Batallions
*E3 Look Like banner carriers
*Citizens in Castles ("CASTLES" ONLY)
*New HD Textures for some units!

Mordor:
*New Animations for Mordor Fighters E3 LookALikes
*New Animations for Mordor Archers E3 LookALikes
*Units Patrolling around the Castle Keep (Mordor Flag) (E3 LookALike)
*More realism to the Mordor Catapult Rocks (projectile)
*Trolls with a club, hits a lot more (E3 LookALikes) (It kills as many as the normal radius would, maybe 3 - 4 more units, depends on the range so did the normal radius, all it really does is adding a new visual)
*Mordor Catapult Rocks (projectile) looks a lot more like the E3 Demo ones
*More emotion, has been in added into the units
*More realism into the Hordes
*New HD Textures for some units!

Rohan:
*Haven't Started yet, need Gondor done first.

Isengard:
*Haven't started yet, need Mordor done first.

What we are working on(there will prob come more by time, so I just write what we are working on atm):

Gondor:
*Gondor Ranger Animations
*Gondor version of Aragorn Animations
*Gondor Faramir animations
Maybe: *Gondor Hobbits animations

Mordor:
*Nazgul Swoop Attack
*Re-animate, Mordor Fighter Backup Animation
*Re-animate, Mordor Archer Death Animations.

Rohan:
*Haven't started yet

Isengard:
*Haven't started yet, as stated up in What we have done.

Heroes! :
*Aragorns new blademaster animations (both factions)
*Boromir last stand animations, yet no ability...
*Theoden new texture and new horse.
*(Maybe new boromir animations..)
*(Maybe new hobbit Animations..)

Unique things this mod only has:
*Legolas vs Mumakil Animation and Coding (Animation: Me, Coding: RG) (If we get it working..)

Preview Gondor and Mordor (Minas Tirith) :

Credits:
Texture Artist: ROR (Rider of Rohan)
Modeller: Mathijs
Animations: Me
Coding: Mostly me, but RG and ROR has also helped out.

So, if you got any other questions, don't hesitate to comment.

Edited by MaximanBFME2Tut, 11 July 2013 - 04:38 PM.

#2 Maximan

Maximan

Some Dude

• Hosted
  • 572 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

The Living Organic Cities and Castles

#3 Maximan

Maximan

Some Dude

• Hosted
  • 572 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

All The Pictures of the Heroes will be here and a bit about them (There will be added more by time.)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by MaximanBFME2Tut, 09 July 2013 - 09:19 PM.

#4 Dúnedain76

Dúnedain76

Misty Mountain Hop

• Division Admins
  • 451 posts
  •  Mapper, Artist, Coder
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:The3rdAge Admin

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:57 PM

Absolutely loving it man. The E3 demo was the bomb, and I'm extremely happy to see it actually come to light.

(Aragorn looks epic too btw)

Edited by Dúnedain Ranger76, 09 July 2013 - 07:58 PM.

#5 Maximan

Maximan

Some Dude

• Hosted
  • 572 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

Absolutely loving it man. The E3 demo was the bomb, and I'm extremely happy to see it actually come to light.

(Aragorn looks epic too btw)

Happy to see you liked it man :-)

#6 Bashkuga

Bashkuga

Because good guys are too mainstream

• Project Team
  • 2,039 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring Betatester and Mapper, Edain Mod Betatester
  •  Out of the frying pan, and into the fire..

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

To make the calm Minas Tirith more realistic, place some villagers who do not walk around their waypoints, like villagers who talk to each other or are in front of a shop. To do that just make two separate teams on plyrcivilian, one team walks around their waypoint, the ohers don't. You could also use certain props so you could make it look lit it's the inside of a building, an inn perhaps. Worldbuilder is such an awesome feature of BFME.

#7 Maximan

Maximan

Some Dude

• Hosted
  • 572 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

To make the calm Minas Tirith more realistic, place some villagers who do not walk around their waypoints, like villagers who talk to each other or are in front of a shop. To do that just make two separate teams on plyrcivilian, one team walks around their waypoint, the ohers don't. You could also use certain props so you could make it look lit it's the inside of a building, an inn perhaps. Worldbuilder is such an awesome feature of BFME.

I'll do that, if I can get this new Living World I'm trying to code / make working.

#8 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:33 PM

Sorry, but why do you wish to be hosted? For the most part, hosting is for those that require a co-ordination platform, and due to the simplicity of this mod in terms of assets I must ask if you actually need hosting? I mean, what will it bring you that will encourage your mod's flourishing?

"Everyone's a hero when there's nowhere left to run."

Auxiliary Skarn, 2333rd Cohort

#9 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

A dedicated, interactive place for users to post and interact with news topics/FAQs/new versions. 

Most mods here don't *need* a staff forum. It's a convenience, but not the point of hosting. 

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#10 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

Fair point.

#11 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  • Projects:Middle-Earth Expanded
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:41 PM

I like the idea of completely redoing the animations. That is brilliant but other then that what is the point of the mod? You stated your goal. But your goal is probably the most obvious one.

To have a release. all I see here that is even remotely advanced is the animations and a living world map. That's it. Sure new models are nice and new skins as well but this looks more like a basic enhancement mod. No offense ment of course sure he whole idea of organic castles is cool but it's not new. So what I recommend is to try balancing changes out and improve the AI. Make a full enhancement mod. :p now that would be quite an interesting mod. Something that adds a new feel with the animations, models, and skins. As well as a new play style for the AI. This mod has a lot of potential. I hope you succeed :)

#12 Maximan

Maximan

Some Dude

• Hosted
  • 572 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:03 PM

I like the idea of completely redoing the animations. That is brilliant but other then that what is the point of the mod? You stated your goal. But your goal is probably the most obvious one. To have a release. :D all I see here that is even remotely advanced is the animations and a living world map. That's it. Sure new models are nice and new skins as well but this looks more like a basic enhancement mod. No offense ment of course :p sure he whole idea of organic castles is cool but it's not new. So what I recommend is to try balancing changes out and improve the AI. Make a full enhancement mod. :p now that would be quite an interesting mod. Something that adds a new feel with the animations, models, and skins. As well as a new play style for the AI. This mod has a lot of potential. I hope you succeed :)

Well I'm sorta working on a new AI too, I just don't wanna show undone AI's in videos.

Edited by MaximanBFME2Tut, 10 July 2013 - 10:07 PM.

#13 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:16 PM

:whatoa: Apollo... hmmm...

#14 Bashkuga

Bashkuga

Because good guys are too mainstream

• Project Team
  • 2,039 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring Betatester and Mapper, Edain Mod Betatester
  •  Out of the frying pan, and into the fire..

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:01 AM

The mods purpose is to make the BFME game experience to be like before it's release, this is imo the most original mod I've ever seen in the forums, it doesn't need balancing or new AI, there was nothing wrong with all those stuff in the original game, not for me at least. This mod is to me like an unreleased lost patch 1.04 for BFME. Keep it up my friend :).

#15 Maximan

Maximan

Some Dude

• Hosted
  • 572 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:10 AM

The mods purpose is to make the BFME game experience to be like before it's release, this is imo the most original mod I've ever seen in the forums, it doesn't need balancing or new AI, there was nothing wrong with all those stuff in the original game, not for me at least. This mod is to me like an unreleased lost patch 1.04 for BFME. Keep it up my friend :).

Thanks man, it's things like these that makes me keep going. Means a lot :)

#16 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  • Projects:Middle-Earth Expanded
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:39 AM

hmm. Why make it before its release? Wouldnt that basically make it an incomplete game. No offense or anything of course i am just trying to understand this better.. and thank you for clearing that up Maximan about the AI.

And yes Irene??

#17 Dúnedain76

Dúnedain76

Misty Mountain Hop

• Division Admins
  • 451 posts
  •  Mapper, Artist, Coder
  • Job:The3rdAge Admin

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:22 AM

Basically he's trying to add everything back into the game in which EA initially planned to have. Pretty much he's making Mark Skagg's original vision of BFME.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=85MCdXZOvZg

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Af5V5XPqVZM

The E3 demo as well as the earlier Inside the Battle videos EA released show a lot of various things that were originally meant to be ingame that never saw the light of day.

#18 Rider of Rohan

Rider of Rohan

The Lazy Modder

• Division Leaders
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring and the HD Editions
  •  Mathijs' Bug fix expert
  • Job:T3A Leader

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:37 AM

And he's gonna try to get an HD Texture close to the original look for each unit. Making them is my job though, I do that for him in my spare time.

99dxc486ltde132zg.jpgh5je9noaofg3o26zg.jpg

No parent should have to bury their child - King Theoden

#19 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:09 AM

I like the idea of completely redoing the animations. That is brilliant but other then that what is the point of the mod? You stated your goal. But your goal is probably the most obvious one.

To have a release. all I see here that is even remotely advanced is the animations and a living world map. That's it. Sure new models are nice and new skins as well but this looks more like a basic enhancement mod. No offense ment of course sure he whole idea of organic castles is cool but it's not new. So what I recommend is to try balancing changes out and improve the AI. Make a full enhancement mod. :p now that would be quite an interesting mod. Something that adds a new feel with the animations, models, and skins. As well as a new play style for the AI. This mod has a lot of potential. I hope you succeed :)

I like the idea of adding an Arnor faction. That is brilliant but other than that what is the point of this mod? You stated your goal. But your goal is probably the most obvious one. To have a release. all  see here that is even remotely advanced is a bunch of structure models and a fancy logo. That's it. Sure Arnor is nice and Rohan as well but this looks more like a basic faction mod. No offense ment of course sure he whole idea of adding Rohan is cool but it's not new. 

Need I go on?

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#20 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:35 AM

Maximan you should find yourself an avatar, make a sig image and maybe shorten your name down to Maximan.

It seems superficial but when promoting a mod it's good to make yourself stand out that way people are more likely to remember you and your mod.

As for the mod itself the idea is good and so far it's showing great promise.

We are currently discussing your hosting request which is as much as I can say for now.

Keep up the work.

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users