I'm having lots of trouble getting the D-Day mod to run, even though I followed all the instructions in the Readme file. When I run RunAres.bat as administrator, the command prompt appears for a second then closes. I tried running it through gamemd.exe, and while the game loaded, most of the graphics were unchanged from Yuri's Revenge, and many things were missing.
Here are the steps I took to install:
- I used a legal copy of the Yuri's Revenge (It was installed from a retail version of The First Decade)
- Made sure Yuri's Revenge was patched to V1.001 (I tried installing the patch but it crashed. After running the game, I noticed it was already updated to that version)
- Dragged the contents of dday V3.7.7z and the 0.3RC1 folder into the Red alert/ Yuri's Revenge directory
- Downloaded and installed the Visual C++ 2010 runtime files from here
- Set the compatibility modes for gamemd.exe, RA2MD.exe, RunAres.bat, Syringe.exe and YURI.exe to Windows 98/Me (I later tried Windows XP Service Pack 3 with no luck)
I don't think I missed anything out. I have no idea what I did or did not do to prevent the game from running. I even tried installing D-Day V3.6.7 with the same results. I hadn't installed any other mods to Red Alert 2 - this was the first.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this mod looks fantastic.
Edited by Medium Tank, 15 July 2013 - 04:45 PM.