#21 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

On a more serious note, have you considered what side-effects the "no-collision" feature will have? When it's possible to move more units in the same area at the same time, it will make the area-of-effect heroes like Gandalf a lot more powerful. On the other hand, Faramir would not become more powerful, because he would get swarmed easily. His only targeting power is an arrow directed towards a single enemy. Will you take these things into consideration, or will you simply leave them be?

I know that your intention is to basically have an E3 mod, but you shouldn't forget about balance issues. The E3 demo was, after all, a demo.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#22 Maximan

Maximan

Some Dude

• Hosted
  • 572 posts
  • Projects:BFME: Classic Edition

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

On a more serious note, have you considered what side-effects the "no-collision" feature will have? When it's possible to move more units in the same area at the same time, it will make the area-of-effect heroes like Gandalf a lot more powerful. On the other hand, Faramir would not become more powerful, because he would get swarmed easily. His only targeting power is an arrow directed towards a single enemy. Will you take these things into consideration, or will you simply leave them be?

I know that your intention is to basically have an E3 mod, but you shouldn't forget about balance issues. The E3 demo was, after all, a demo.

No-Collision is only when they run, when they stand still they got a geometry radius. So we don't have any slowed down game-play. "Swarming heroes", I'm currently trying to find a solution, but it's pretty rare I've seen a player send out a hero instead of an army with a hero. One horde contains 20 Orcs, and they're free, I don't really think it will make him OP(Gandalf), at least not with the new CP Limit. I'm currently working on Faramir, so perhaps he will have an ability vs a swarm, if I don't find a solution for that(If I don't find a solution for swarming Faramir, that is.). I take everything into consideration. Balance is still gonna be there, I haven't seen any OP factions on a field battle, extremely OP forces that is.

Edited by Maximan, 05 September 2013 - 09:14 PM.

#23 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

Orcs are free, yes, but don't forget that someone plays Gondor vs Gondor ;) That's possibly a bad example, given that both may have Gandalf, but you get the idea. But, if they still fight 'normally', then there shouldn't be an issue with swarming, only area-of-effect powers\weapons. There are far less area-of-effect heroes\units than there is not, so it's really those powers\weapons you should consider to reduce in strength.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#24 Maximan

Maximan

Some Dude

• Hosted
  • 572 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:15 PM

Orcs are free, yes, but don't forget that someone plays Gondor vs Gondor ;) That's possibly a bad example, given that both may have Gandalf, but you get the idea. But, if they still fight 'normally', then there shouldn't be an issue with swarming, only area-of-effect powers\weapons. There are far less area-of-effect heroes\units than there is not, so it's really those powers\weapons you should consider to reduce in strength.

I reduced the cost of Gondor Soldiers ;). And compared to the orcs, they get out of the barracks faster since they aren't free. I think about giving the heroes just more HP; due to the new big armies.

Edited by Maximan, 05 September 2013 - 10:15 PM.

#25 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:29 PM

I still think no geometry when running is a bad idea.
Would it get rid of the usefulness of choke points?
Will it be unrealistic?
Is there a reason EA put it in after E3? Was it because it wasn't ready yet or they found that it was better for troops to have that limitation.

Have you thought about giving them a smaller box, so they still have a swarm effect?

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#26 Maximan

Maximan

Some Dude

• Hosted
  • 572 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:51 AM

I still think no geometry when running is a bad idea.
Would it get rid of the usefulness of choke points?
Will it be unrealistic?
Is there a reason EA put it in after E3? Was it because it wasn't ready yet or they found that it was better for troops to have that limitation.

Have you thought about giving them a smaller box, so they still have a swarm effect?

Well it simply isn't, before they run they have a geometry, except if you try to make each unit run over each other, till it is exact, then attack.

It was in the E3 Demo. And my mod is clearly based on that.

Smaller Box??? This way is not only for swarms, but to have something as seen in Minas Tirith. 

Edited by Maximan, 06 September 2013 - 04:52 AM.

#27 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:56 AM

I reckon that if you just decrease the radius and strength of things like wizard blast, it should work out. 

And please guys, if you're going to be all in each other's hair, be a little more eloquent about it. For fuck's fucking fuck sake.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#28 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:50 AM

I'm tardy to the retardy party once again.

Ren this is in my yard so if anyone will be handing out warns it will be me, I won't because it's been boring lately.

Anyways what Matias said, a good balance would be to simply reduce the Radius and balance AOEs like Gandy, Mines etc appropriately these things a never easy to fine tune until testing.

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#29 Maximan

Maximan

Some Dude

• Hosted
  • 572 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

Very well then, lower radius

Edited by Maximan, 18 May 2015 - 05:12 AM.

#30 Bofur

Bofur

The Bolicious One

• Hosted
  • 1,766 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Firstborn
  •  The Bolicious T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

Well, I know your mod is based on the E3 demo, but surely things that were deemed bad for gameplay and removed should not be readded? As it was only a demo, right?

But anyway, it's your choice.

left64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruayp.pngAotF.pngright64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruf44.png

#31 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

Maybe so, but I think it's more interesting to add these removed things and design gameplay in such a way that they would work. 

#32 ArronSwan

ArronSwan
  • Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:14 AM

You're Mod, Looks awesome! I can't wait to see it in full, By the way I think the Total War style battle style your trying to make it, looks pretty, good reminds me of Rome Total War. Can't wait for release!

"I'm THE WAY, THE TRUTH and THE LIFE..."
Yeshua HaMashach (Jesus Christ)

#33 Maximan

Maximan

Some Dude

• Hosted
  • 572 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:02 PM

So, I am gonna be a bit off on my mod for a bit, I am working a bit more on Mathijs and Arun's mod(s). For a month or so. Then I'll start working on my mod again, FYI(For your information). 

#34 Maximan

Maximan

Some Dude

• Hosted
  • 572 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:35 AM

First of all I am sorry for the inactivity I've been having on the forum, IRL and updating old stuff in the mod. And a happy new year to everyone! :)

So, in this video I will show you all how you can expect the Mordor Fighters to be like in BFME: Classic Edition, I hope you will enjoy them.

#35 yams in a can

yams in a can

Friend of the Right Side

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:52 AM

I love it! The orc hordes are loose and spread out, and when they attack, they break any formation they had. I really like how they march instead of running, like normal armies!

Posted Image
To the professor, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien.

Posted Image
Posted Image

-yams in a can

#36 Maximan

Maximan

Some Dude

• Hosted
  • 572 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:25 AM

Thanks :) I am sorry about the random zooms and shakes in the video, youtube decided to ruin it.. Trying to fix it atm.

Edited by Maximan, 01 January 2014 - 11:43 AM.

#37 Maximan

Maximan

Some Dude

• Hosted
  • 572 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:04 PM

Aragorn's Blademaster Animations:

Textures: Rider of Rohan

Animation: Me

This is the animations Aragorn will do when he's in blademaster mode, coding will be done so he slizes 7 orcs per animation.

Enjoy.

Edited by Maximan, 14 February 2014 - 11:04 PM.

#38 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:15 PM

Exact replicas of his animations in the cinematic after the Amon Hen mission. Great work.

#39 Maximan

Maximan

Some Dude

• Hosted
  • 572 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:18 PM

Thank you :D

#40 yams in a can

yams in a can

Friend of the Right Side

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:44 PM

Your animation is too incredible!

Posted Image
To the professor, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien.

Posted Image
Posted Image

-yams in a can

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users