Coming in an upcoming patch is the new Faction Upgrade system.
The Faction Upgrade system (I sometimes call it the Great Keep Upgrade system or GKU ) is a set of upgrades that will be available from the citadel.
It will upgrade various things for your faction buildings, heroes or unlock units.
Each faction will have a different set of upgrades but share some core upgrades as well.
Universal Faction Upgrades.
Every faction (except Lorien for the 2 tower upgrades) will have access to these upgrades.
Great Keep Upgrade - Upgrades citadels into Great Keeps which gives them more health and acts as a prereq for Keep Defence and Keep Housing upgrade.
2500 - Tower Fire Arrows (the upgrade is getting moved to the Citadel for all factions)
1000 - Murder Holes - Removes the minimum firing range for towers and improves their armour and range (I'll be adding a minimum firing range for them with this system)
1000 - Keep Defence - Unlocks the Great Keep's "Keep Power"
2000 - Keep Housing - Increases the CPL (counts towards the Expanding CPL counter)
Keep Powers are a unique ability that each citadel gets somewhat like the Fortress powers in BFME2.
(I'll reveal more on them later)
- Armour of the Citadel - Upgrades Boromir to use Heavy Armour increasing his armour and health.
- Siege craft - Improves the Trebuchets with better armour, accuracy and removes allied splash damage.
- Counterweights - Improves Trebuchet range
- Horselord Glory - Upgrades Theoden and Eomer giving them more health, armour and damage (including extra against enemy Kings)
- Lord of the Westfold - Unlocks Erkenbrand (his unlock is being moved from Westfold spell to this new upgrade)
- Rohirrim Training - all cavalry gain an auto heal when not in combat also upgrades Eastfold Yeomen adding auto heal, upgrading armour and adding a knockback to their Take Aim skill.
- Siege craft - Improves the range, armour and damage of Catapults, removes friendly fire from Catapults and improves the terror radius for Human Heads, improves armour for Rams and Siege tower.
- Soldiers of Lugburz - Unlocks the Lugburz Soldiers from the Orc Pit.
- Morgul Blades - Upgrades the attack of the Witch King and Nazgul to do additional damage (the non flying ones)
- Call of the Nazgul - Unlocks a Nazgul.
- Deep Ore Mining
- Uruk Workers
- Fuel the Fires
- Eyes of the Guard - Improves the Line of Sight of all Isengard's structures.
- Siege Craft Isengard - Improves Ballista range, damage and improves damage against structures.
(Isengard's excavation will be removed and it's upgrades moved to the Citadel)
- Galadhrim Captain Armour - Upgrades the armour and health for Haldir.
- Galadhrim Guard Armour - Upgrades the armour and health for Orophin and Rumil
- Treebeard - Adds Treebeard to the Ent Moot
- Haste of the Ents - Upgrades Ent build speed and move speed.
- Armour of Lindon - Upgrades Gildor's armour
- Armour of Gondolin - Upgrades Glorfindel's armour
- Armour of Imladris - Upgrades the armour for Elladan and Elrohir
More info to come.