RJ Rotwk World builder 1.06?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 francjus000

francjus000
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

Is the world builder 1.05 fine for the new 1.06 update?

#2 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:51 PM

It may or may not work.  I did find a 1.06 private beta version of worldbuilder from earlier, which also may or may not work with the newest release.  Here's the link and the installation instructions:

http://rjrotwk.the3r...ret_1_06/WB.rar

To use, follow the instructions below:

1) Extract the _RJ_RotWK.big file to "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king"
2) Extract the englishstringsRJ.big file to "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\lang"
4) Rename asset.dat in "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Battle for Middle-earth ™ II" to asset.bak.
5) Extract the asset.dat to "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Battle for Middle-earth ™ II"
6) Open up Worldbuilder.

To unistall:
1) Rename the asset.dat -> asset.rj. Rename asset.bak -> asset.dat
2) Rename englishstringsRJ.big -> englishstringsRJ.rj.
3) Create a folder named "backup" in "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king".
4) Move the _RJ_RotWK.big to the backup folder.

Edited by Devon, 27 July 2013 - 10:52 PM.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#3 Scryer

Scryer

title available

• Project Team
  • 565 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:11 AM

Are there any major differences to the RJ worldbuilder in comparison to the regular game one?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:37 AM

Skyboxes, buildings and units that are in RJ-mod.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#5 Scryer

Scryer

title available

• Project Team
  • 565 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:55 AM

Skyboxes, buildings and units that are in RJ-mod.

Cool.  Would you map without the RJ version of WB though?  Like does it make a HUGE difference?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:20 AM

I haven't actually mapped for RJ-mod (I wasn't registered or good with maps at the time he was working on it). I have played around with it however (not the Dev's Worldbuilder, actually it was an earlier release) and I will say that it isn't neccessary.

I am a mapper for SEE and it only became important for me to specifically use the SEE Worldbuilder when I started putting objects in it myself to use for my maps.

In mapping for RJ the main things I can think of is that you need is to put in the RJ-cam using scripts and put Rohan and Evil Men in the player list for it to work seamlessly in RJ-mod like the other maps (check them out to see exactly what you need).

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#7 Scryer

Scryer

title available

• Project Team
  • 565 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:21 AM

Cool!  Thanks for the insight, Matt!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:46 AM

However - check the Dev release as I have no idea what could possibly be inside it (Waiting about a week to get back to my own computer). ;p

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 06 August 2013 - 06:50 AM.

#9 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:03 PM

It you want to make a scripted map with RJ units, definitely use this worldbuilder otherwise you won't be able to access those units.  If you're just making a regular skirmish map, no need. (Probably better to avoid it in fact, it crashes a fair amount I think.)

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users