Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 8,880 posts
  • Projects:YouTube
  •  Actual Celebrity
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:15 AM

So yea, I finally hit a huge wall in my attempt to make a career out of making videos.  I can't get a good editor.  Windows Movie Maker is unresponsive to resolution issues, lag problems, and other small issues that lead it to be unreliable for making quality videos.  The other free software options are just bad... really bad.  I tried Lightworks as well, and it has no support for photos, which is a large part of my video style.  

So here's my issue.  After much research, it seems Adobe Premier is my best option.  It seems to be one of the few pieces of software that supports everything I need.  The issue is that it's 70 dollars, or around 35 pounds'ish.  I simply do not have 70 dollars.  I've invested all my money into my mic, computer and surroundings to make my quality at maximum efficiency.  

You might see where this is going.  Yea... I'd hate to do this, but I need an investor.  Can Revora help me out here?  I really, really, really not only want to focus on my channel, but make content for the Revora channel as well.  If you guys help me out here, I'll put a massive focus on Revora content for our mods and maps, or whatever else we do around here.  A win for everyone.  But in conclusion, this entire plan of mine simply will not happen without the proper software, and after hours of research and days of looking, Adobe seems to the the only reliable one out there.  So can I get a bit of investment love, or is that just not happening?  I seriously don't have any other options.

Edited by {IP}Pasidon, 29 July 2013 - 02:19 AM.

YT_Sig.jpgoutput_Fkd6it.gifFB_Sig.jpg

#2 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:24 AM

I have Premiere, but didn't have $70 if you catch my drift.

If you're successful with your venture you can always buy it later.

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#3 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 8,880 posts
  •  Actual Celebrity

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:07 AM

I honestly did not consider piracy.  I hate doing it (lie), and I would much rather have my career done honestly (lie) if all possible.  If I can't get any backers... uhhh... I might not have a choice.  Truth.

#4 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:52 AM

As I mentioned before there should be trials for the software.

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#5 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 8,880 posts
  •  Actual Celebrity

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:28 AM

True, there is a demo, and that's how I figured out I liked it so much.  But it's a vary vary short demo for such a long term investment.  My goal is to put out at least 1 vid a day, and that goal is sort of hindered if I suddenly loose the ability to make them.

#6 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:47 PM

Try making as many videos as you can (more than 30) in the trial day in order to collect money with ads as you release these videos. Also, make sure you plan everything before you start the trial. Once it expires and you don't have the money, install it in another computer and start all over again until you get enough money.

Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users