Possible Allied Unit ?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Revengeance

Revengeance
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:10 PM

I have a proposal ,a new unit for the Alliance. My plan for this unit is to be a "super-unit". I call it K-4.

qpwp.jpg

http://img845.images...5/9568/htxf.jpg

^  I suggest you click this as well if you do not understand what I'm saying.

How it works: While in normal mode this tank is very similar to a tank destroyer. It should use a better version of Kappa tank gun.(or prism tech?)

While in deploy mode the following will happen: 1) The hover parts from the rear should go down and act as support legs.

It also leaves the turret free space to move.

Additional support legs should go down in the front part from the sides

near the hoses.

2) The normal mode cannon will retract while the deploy mode one will get out

(they are using the same barrel)

In this mode it should use cryo technology (or "whatever you see fit" technology). 

Also , in this mode it should have anti-air defense.

(when the hover parts go down , through the 3 wholes should rise up 3 launchers)   

Short Story: It is based on the Kappa tank technology. After many trials it was decided that it's ready to go on the battlefield.(or not)

Note: If a further unit will be produced based on it , it is recommended to rise the number in the name with each prototype.

It deploys because it needs the additional power (normally used for the hover tech) to fire the cryo gun.

Edited by Revengeance, 30 July 2013 - 12:22 PM.

Suuuuuurgery :twisted:

#2 Atomic_Noodles

Atomic_Noodles

Colony Hivemind

• Project Team
  • 854 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert - Colony Wars
  •  Colony Wars Hive Mind

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:48 AM

That Unit is the Colossus... except without the Hover Tech Part.

~ Getting cringe reactions when you see a RAINBOW means you have issues. ~

"This World is an Illussion,Exile" -High Templar Dominus

#3 Revengeance

Revengeance
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:30 AM

That Unit is the Colossus... except without the Hover Tech Part.

Well ... the idea was for it to not be completely defenseless agains air units while stationary , the power of the air-def should be weak or if you like shouldn't exist at all. It's not mandatory for this feature to exist.

(Tbh ... I didn't look much on what every unit does on the site ... it just came to me that it shouldn't be completely defenseless against air as a super-unit , no intention in making it a main anti-air unit)

Also , the cryo gun should only be useful against ground units or in special cases naval units. It should only disable armored units and kill basic infantry. The idea for this unit is to be more of a supportive unit.

Edited by Revengeance, 30 July 2013 - 03:49 AM.

#4 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

It looks cool. Not that I have a say with what happens in MO, but regardless of what RTS you're making the new unit for, you have to include more information such as

-is it designed for multiplayer or campaign only?

-if it's also for multiplayer, how can the unit be counter attacked by other factions so it doesn't ruin the balance of the game?

-it's cost and when it should be available (too early could make it imbalanced/overpowered, too late could make it useless).

and so on.

Edited by fir3w0rx, 31 July 2013 - 04:52 PM.

#5 Revengeance

Revengeance
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:16 PM

It looks cool. Not that I have a say with what happens in MO, but regardless of what RTS you're making the new unit for, you have to include more information such as

-is it designed for multiplayer or campaign only?

-if it's also for multiplayer, how can the unit can be counter attacked by other factions so it doesn't ruin the balance of the game?

-it's cost and when it should be available (too early could make it imbalanced/overpowered, too late could make it useless).

and so on.

As I do not have any access to the beta (therefore no knowledge of the current game balance) ... I really can't answer any of those. That's why I didn't set the weaponry type for good.

Thanks for your interest though ^^

Edited by Revengeance, 30 July 2013 - 06:18 PM.

#6 Revengeance

Revengeance
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:55 AM

MK - 7 (38)  or  Mini-Kaiju

30n801t.png

How it works: In normal mode this tank should use a powerful prism cannon (tank-destroyer alike).

In deploy mode this tank should: 1) The hover parts from the rear should go down and act as support legs.

It also leaves the turret free space to move.

Additional support legs should go down in the frontal part.

2) The turret will split into two and go to the left/right respectively.

The upper and lower part of the barrel will be united only during activation of the 

HD sequence (Horizontal Death , firing process) through generated force

shield-alike walls.

3) The power alocated to this vehicle isn't sufficient to power up the HD sequence

by itself therefore:

a) It should be supplied additional power through the receiver built in the hover parts in the rear

of the vehicle. (This additional power can only be provided by prism tanks)

b) It should be supplied additional power through the receiver build in the turret of the tank.

(This additional power can only be provided by Mercury Strike)

fephqe.png15dbcpc.png11vksgx.png

Notes: HD sequence should have a cooldown.

->   If powered up by prism tanks , it's power should be considerably lower. Also a lower cooldown.

->   If powered up by Mercury Strike , it should destroy anything in it's range of fire.

->   Not aimig EXACTLY for the designated receiver on the turret (Mercury Strike) will certainly not power up this tank , you will

harm it instead.

Edited by Revengeance, 06 August 2013 - 06:58 AM.

#7 Atomic_Noodles

Atomic_Noodles

Colony Hivemind

• Project Team
  • 854 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert - Colony Wars
  •  Colony Wars Hive Mind

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:27 AM

You can't make prism towers overcharge another unit. Its Secondary is used to daisy chain with other Buildings Marked with the Prism Forwarding tag (Prism Towers)

More so since this idea seems to require the unit to have ChargeTurret Logic.

~ Getting cringe reactions when you see a RAINBOW means you have issues. ~

"This World is an Illussion,Exile" -High Templar Dominus

#8 Revengeance

Revengeance
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:59 AM

You can't make prism towers overcharge another unit. Its Secondary is used to daisy chain with other Buildings Marked with the Prism Forwarding tag (Prism Towers)

More so since this idea seems to require the unit to have ChargeTurret Logic.

Well ... my idea of charge was a continous prism ray towards this tank (from prism tanks) , different from an attack sequence I suppose. I thought it could be done if Tesla Trooper can power up Tesla Coils. Anywho ... is it not possible to make them somehow appear as buildings while in deploy so it would "trick" them ?

A possible example ... uhm ... while in deploy another invisible building to appear under it (1block) and the rays go towards it instead ? I'm sure they could find a way if they would want to.

Edited by Revengeance, 07 August 2013 - 04:06 AM.

#9 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  • Projects:Doom Desire
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:36 AM

Prism Tanks can't power up anything. It can't be done.

While theoretically Mercury can be made to power up something, it can't be made not damage it if fired directly at it, and damage when not.

Units can't be powered at all. This can be done only to structures, and the powering unit has to stand next to the structure.
ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#10 Revengeance

Revengeance
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:08 PM

Prism Tanks can't power up anything. It can't be done.

While theoretically Mercury can be made to power up something, it can't be made not damage it if fired directly at it, and damage when not.

Units can't be powered at all. This can be done only to structures, and the powering unit has to stand next to the structure.

What if there would be a second Mercury strike Icon that would share the same cooldown with the original one ? That would make it possible ?

What I mean is ... one ray would do the usual damage stuff , the other would do the power up.

What if the deploy mode of this tank would actually be a structure ? It could be done like that , right ?

Edited by Revengeance, 07 August 2013 - 01:19 PM.

#11 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  • Projects:Doom Desire
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:22 PM

That's also impossible. All superweapons have separate cooldowns.

Edited by mevitar, 07 August 2013 - 01:28 PM.

ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#12 Revengeance

Revengeance
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:41 PM

That's also impossible. All superweapons have separate cooldowns.

Hmm ... then let it damage the tank ... it would be the risk of using a very powerful weapon ... I guess ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users