Anyway I fix it myself thx for the info. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 arnas747

arnas747
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

I have some expansion packs that I wanted to install recently and when I gave it a try, It said that it was updating the game but it stopped and said that it encountered a problem. I was pretty sure that the error was caused by my pc that doesn't have internet connection so I downloaded a update to update my game from v1.0 (default version) to v.1.55.4 but it says:

Installshield wizard

An error (-5005 : 0x80070002) has occurred while running the setup.

Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications. If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor: electronic arts (http://TheSims3.com).

So gave it try if the game works-it didn't it said that:

Error

The installation is incomplete and the simsTM 3 cannot run. Please reinstall and try again.

So I knew that there was only 1 solution- uninstall the game.

But when tried to uninstall the game some weird letters and few numbers came out : 1628

I don't know what language had those letters (looked something like Russian letters but it was not them)

I tried just to 'overwrite' the game ( install sims 3 on the other sims 3)
But it had no results, tried ccleaner to clean my registry - no results

And i think that my pc tries to somehow install the new patch over the Internet.

Any idea how to fix it?

Sorry for bad English
Chuck Norris is so smart, fast and powerful that even Batman,Spiderman and Superman combined cannot defeat him.

#2 arnas747

arnas747
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:34 PM

The part where I tried to overwrite sims 3 - I actually got the same god damned error with the number-1628.
Chuck Norris is so smart, fast and powerful that even Batman,Spiderman and Superman combined cannot defeat him.

#3 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:37 PM

Alright, do you know where your Sims folder is?  Using search should find it.  Delete the folders and it should attempt installation again.

#4 arnas747

arnas747
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:16 AM

I searched and it turns out I have multiple sims 3 folders.

I did find 3 folders and deleted them but it still says that I have more. But I don't know where

#5 arnas747

arnas747
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:22 AM

I used to play the game without any errors.

#6 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:47 AM

Hmm... do you own the game on Steam?

#7 arnas747

arnas747
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:22 AM

Nope

#8 arnas747

arnas747
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:23 AM

But I did buy the game on store.

#9 arnas747

arnas747
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:24 AM

Well, expansion packs are another thing.
I didn't buy them, i downloaded the from torrents ( no viruses scanned few times)

#10 arnas747

arnas747
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:27 AM

Some photos

#11 arnas747

arnas747
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:29 AM

Here:

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

#12 arnas747

arnas747
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:32 AM

And this is the error number I get.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

#13 arnas747

arnas747
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

I'll try to download sims 3 from torrents. Maybe then it will work.

#14 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:40 AM

I dunno about that.  Torrents are fickle things.  They may be the issue, as they can't synch with an unmodded version of the game.  These bootleg expansions are usually modded to work with a bootleg version of the game.  I usually wouldn't openly tell people to try torrents, buy seeing that you already own the game, there isn't anything wrong with that.  

BUT... before you try that, download this:

(Error 1628) Repair Tool

After some spooky easy research, I discovered error 1628 simply means your computer has no idea what's going on. That tool has a chance of repairing the issue, so give it a shot.

#15 arnas747

arnas747
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:43 PM

I downloaded a registry cleaner it found a TON problems in my registry ( that would explain why I had many problems with my registry and games)

Edited by arnas747, 03 August 2013 - 02:44 PM.

#16 arnas747

arnas747
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

When It was done scanning it said 1314 problems found, ironic.

#17 arnas747

arnas747
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:53 PM

I used the file u 'gave' me and it found AGAIN A TON OF ERRORs IN MY PC

#18 arnas747

arnas747
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:12 PM

Well there is a new problem. I need a fixer that is free and doesn't require
Any license

#19 arnas747

arnas747
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

Anyway almost everything with my pc is FU***D if I would reinstall my windows every error I had would be gone. Right?

#20 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:17 PM

Yea, wiping your hard drive SHOULD solve your issues.  There could always be a bug effecting your hardware (not necessarily a virus) that wouldn't necessarily be fixed, but the state of your computer sounds a bit... erm... dire.  A clean wipe would do it some good.  

And after you do that, I would recommend using Google Chrome, if you already don't, and using the Ghostery add-on.  It's really keen on preventing malware and other nastiness, especially if you're downloading torrents, and such. You don't need a virus protection program with that set-up.  Come on back when you did that and tell Pasidon how it went.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users