Hey everyone! I'm going to fly to Germany tomorrow to get myself into Gamescom 2013 and the CommandCOM 2013 event. While Gamescom is the biggest gaming expo in the world, CommandCOM is an event inside Gamescom that will gather a couple of C&C community members to check the latest Command & Conquer and interact with the developpers. And I'll be there representing both Project Perfect Mod and CnC Guild (Revora).
The star of the show is the new Command & Conquer live service, which should be free to play, although you may optionally pay to progress faster. This Command & Conquer service should host several Command & Conquer modules inside and the first one is set 10 years after the events of Generals: Zero Hour. I'll let this video explain it to you:
According to data collected from many websites, we can say that the new Command & Conquer game will start with:
- 3 Factions: European Union (EU), Asian Pacific Alliance (APA) and Global Liberation Army (GLA).
- Dr. Thrax is back and there will be many Generals, where most of them will be unlocked by using command points (or by paying for some kind of special points).
- EU will inherit USA (Generals: Zero Hour) build style, except that buildings should be built around power plants and power is unmettered.
- APA inherits China (Generals: Zero Hour) build style.
- GLA will have two different types of war factories that will affect build order.
- There is a second resource called Oil, which is extracted from Oil Derricks (which you'll have to build). This resource should be used in advanced units.
- There will be no campaign at the start, but it should become available later.
- EA will not charge for additional maps. They want everyone to have the same maps.
- There will be no map editor and the game engine won't be moddable, at least for the next years to come.
- There is a new version of the alpha version of the game coming in the next days.
Unfortunately, as I have access to the beta version, I cannot reveal anything else of the game yet, but I believe that NDA should be lifted very soon, since there will be no NDA for CommandCOM, so, technically, they'd allow us to create a video from the game and reveal absolutely everything that we see there, although I am not completely sure about it. I'll ask them before doing that,
By the way, there is a video that show the game in action:
Do you have questions, suggestions for the game, wanna be heard by the devs? Post it here. Discuss it with us. While this game is not moddable, it will be undoubtfully a source of inspiration for many upcoming C&C mods. So, we are certainly covering it here and at PPM. I'll post more information as soon as I can.