#1 Bofur

Bofur

The Bolicious One

• Hosted
  • 1,766 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Firstborn
  •  The Bolicious T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

I've just uploaded two replays I thought you may like to see, at this return to BFME online!

The first is of Elric Hawnetyne (Apollo) in a 1v1 against me. Him as Gondor, I as Isengard.

The second is also of Elric and I, but this time in a comp stomp (more like a tap-dance!) against 2 Hards and an Easy.

Here they are: http://AotF.the3rdag...isc/replays.rar

P.s. Sorry Mathijs, I only thought of uploading replays after our game, so I no longer have the replay of you destroying me :p

left64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruayp.pngAotF.pngright64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruf44.png

#2 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  • Projects:Middle-Earth Expanded
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:22 PM

I still think the good armies need an economy boost or something. Absolutely ridiculous in the long run. Evil (both Isengard and Mordor) get far to much money way to quickly. I did the same style of gameplay and noticed a huge difference. 

#3 Echo

Echo

T3A:Online

• T3A Staff
  • 1,020 posts
  • Projects:Blue Wizard Mod
  •  yay blue
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:24 PM

Isengard and Mordor are supposed to have more money available because they also need more units. Gondor and Rohan however, have walls, better cavalry and heroes which make up for it.

26285.png

#4 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:28 AM

they dont need more money. Orcs for mordor are free! everything in mordor is so cheap comapred to gondor and rohan. Isengard i can see being fine just the way it is. maybe some things here and there repriced. They have barely any walls. If you cant defend it then your screwed anyways. Knights even with farms for gondor cost an obscene amount. and gondor knights are OP facing rohirrim (rohirrim lost against them) and they had less hordes then the rohirrim did and had no upgrades. quite strange balancing in my opinion. Once the BFMEII server software is release i will feel at home because at least everything is priced accordingly. and there is no crap like that.

#5 Echo

Echo

• T3A Staff
  • 1,020 posts
  •  yay blue
  • Donated

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:49 AM

The game is pretty much balanced, it's just unlogical as you said. Rohirrim being weaker than Knights is weird, but Rohirrim are cheaper too and therefore it's fine I guess. On most maps Mordor even is the worst faction. Mordor gets weak units for free, but their elite units (Nazguls, Trolls, Mumas, combos) are very expensive. Rohan however, can afford horses without further ado. The trick with Mordor is getting the economy to roll enough before Rohan or Gondor can put real pressure on them. Which of course means that Rohan and Gondor are supposed to put pressure on Mordor early on. Except for Nazgul, all Mordor units are slower than cavalry, and that's the advantage of the good factions.

Edited by Echo, 23 September 2013 - 11:37 AM.

26285.png

#6 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:17 AM

Mordor has poor standard units, with low health and minimal damage, hence why it's necessary to spawn bucketloads of 'em, and to be honest the heroes aren't exactly great either.

"Everyone's a hero when there's nowhere left to run."

Auxiliary Skarn, 2333rd Cohort

#7 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,629 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:53 AM

Hehehehe, Nazgul!

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#8 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

I agree but it's a lord of the rings game shouldn't it be balanced logically? Shouldn't Rohan have more resources and make horses a but more expensive because face it. Peasants are basically workers. Workers tend crops. Crops - farms - money.

Something needs to change to make it fair because Mordor for example could just sent 10 Orc hordes in less then 10 min. While Rohan might only have 5-6 hordes. Thus being defeated and Mordor just running you down. That's what I did when me and bofur played. I didn't even need trolls or anything in the long run because the heros are like siege. And if the gate was closed I could have easily gotten a troll or two. (This me and bofur again 2 hard armies and an easy)

#9 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

Also I able to get the witch king in less then ten min. And he costs what? 8000 right? Totally insane.

#10 Echo

Echo

• T3A Staff
  • 1,020 posts
  •  yay blue
  • Donated

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

I suggest you watch some replays of Rohan vs Mordor, it's really in Rohan's favor.

26285.png

#11 Zeta1127

Zeta1127

Supporter of P-canon

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Projects:A Galaxy Far, Far Away
  •  Ancient Order of the Whills Clone Marshal Commander of the 89th Legion

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:43 PM

No kidding, as long as Rohan transitions away from Peasants after establishing their economy, it will end up being an uphill battle for Mordor. Of course, all match ups are an uphill battle for Mordor until they establish themselves. I have always been extremely ineffective with Mordor in comparison to the other armies.

"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett
"You are fooling yourself, Captain. Nothing here is what it seems. You are not the plucky hero, the Alliance is not an evil empire, and this is not the grand arena."
"And that's not incense." - The Operative and Inara Serra
"What you will see, if you leave the Mirror free to work, I cannot tell. For it shows things that were, and things that are, and things that yet maybe. But which it is that he sees, even the wisest cannot always tell. Do you wish to look?" - Galadriel
Clone Marshal Commander Zeta 1127 of the 89th Legion
Admiral Zebulon Wilhelm of Task Force Mystic/Fleet Junkie

#12 Felixanius

Felixanius
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:10 AM

Isengard and Mordor are supposed to have more money available because they also need more units. Gondor and Rohan however, have walls, better cavalry and heroes which make up for it.

Exactly, but the main point is that the fol (force of light) factions can go in the fod (force of darkness) bases and kill economy buildings. Thus the economy buildings of the fods don't rank up except maybe 2-3 in the back of the base. Contrary to that the farms in the Gondor and Rohan castles are untouched the whole game and will be level three and get a lot of money in the lategame. But ye still the fod earn more money, but that's good because oterwise it would be unbalanced.

they dont need more money. Orcs for mordor are free! everything in mordor is so cheap comapred to gondor and rohan. Isengard i can see being fine just the way it is. maybe some things here and there repriced. They have barely any walls. If you cant defend it then your screwed anyways. Knights even with farms for gondor cost an obscene amount. and gondor knights are OP facing rohirrim (rohirrim lost against them) and they had less hordes then the rohirrim did and had no upgrades. quite strange balancing in my opinion. Once the BFMEII server software is release i will feel at home because at least everything is priced accordingly. and there is no crap like that.

Orcs are free but don't do much except distracting the opponent. Fols cavalry can easily kill orcs without losing too much health. Gondor knights are not OP facing Rohirrim. They are stronger yes, but only slightly (I think they need 5,5s to kill a rohirrim bat and otherway around rohirrim need 6,5s to kill knights) So if you face a little lag here and there it's almost even.

I play the game since the release in 2004 and I must say this game is the most ballanced game ever. I still have fun to play it because it's just so well made. Every match up can be won, although some are tougher than others of course.

I also sometimes play bfme2 and it's ages behind bfme1 concerning strategies and involving skill..

#13 y0shi

y0shi
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

Exactly, but the main point is that the fol (force of light) factions can go in the fod (force of darkness) bases and kill economy buildings. Thus the economy buildings of the fods don't rank up except maybe 2-3 in the back of the base. Contrary to that the farms in the Gondor and Rohan castles are untouched the whole game and will be level three and get a lot of money in the lategame. But ye still the fod earn more money, but that's good because oterwise it would be unbalanced.

Orcs are free but don't do much except distracting the opponent. Fols cavalry can easily kill orcs without losing too much health. Gondor knights are not OP facing Rohirrim. They are stronger yes, but only slightly (I think they need 5,5s to kill a rohirrim bat and otherway around rohirrim need 6,5s to kill knights) So if you face a little lag here and there it's almost even.

I play the game since the release in 2004 and I must say this game is the most ballanced game ever. I still have fun to play it because it's just so well made. Every match up can be won, although some are tougher than others of course.

I also sometimes play bfme2 and it's ages behind bfme1 concerning strategies and involving skill..

Tbh, from what I've experienced, providing the rohirims/knights are at same rank and health, the host usually wins fights. Usually easier to micro them, and the offhost will have some delay, therefore he will lose.

Edited by y0shi, 19 October 2013 - 03:44 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bofur, replay, bfme, 1.05

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users