Photo

Fixing Connection Issues (Port Forwarding Guide)

bfme1 & bfme2

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#81 Misticriver

Misticriver
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:48 PM

Does anyone know How to fix this? been waiting 24 hours for a reply :x

#82 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:21 PM

The log looks fine, try to move your options.ini completely out of the bfme directory and try to login afterwards.

Are you sure both windows firewall/any other are completely disabled? Antivir?

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#83 Misticriver

Misticriver
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:47 AM

Deleting the options.ini worked, Ty :D     how many Active players are there on Tbfme2 ? cus i cant find any active games ;c 

#84 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:13 AM

There are occasionally a few games hosted even though most players still play using different services. Your best bet is to host a game during european evenings and wait for players to join ;)

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#85 jakenbake619

jakenbake619
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 08:42 PM

Is anyone having trouble with it saying password not correct when logging in online? Ive fix my options.ini file, and made sure my password is correct but I keep getting the same error..

#86 Mrkailani

Mrkailani
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:31 PM

Hello

Can anyone tell me why I cant join games I have installed the all in one patcher and got up to patch 1.08 and it still doesnt work and I have opened the 16000 UDP port and still nothing ...

#87 Andorin

Andorin
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:09 PM

I cant seem to conect with 90% of the players, did port forwarding, refreshed nat, followed the portforwarding instructions(added firewall exception to the .ini), turned off firewall.

log:

----- T3A:Online Client Start -----
BFME Install Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Battle for Middle-earth ™ II\
Found game.dat process. PID 748
CA public key is expected value.
Successfully patched CA public key.
Injecting DLL into game.dat process...
Result of injection: Code -1073741582

#88 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:12 PM

Did you try to temporarily open the DMZ in the router?

#89 Andorin

Andorin
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:17 PM

tried that aswell ,yes

#90 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:18 PM

That's very strange then.

I would suspect your ISP or router is not working properly or the people you are trying to play with are struggling with it ;)

#91 Andorin

Andorin
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:31 AM

Worked out yesterday, dunno what the issue was, thanks anyway ^^

Edit: doesn't work any more, im not the only one with these problems, seen 10+ players not being able to connect...

any suggestions?

the port works for other games,,, so it cant be it.

thanks.

Edited by Andorin, 02 January 2015 - 02:39 PM.

#92 Xelenos

Xelenos
  • Banned
  • 66 posts
  • Projects:Bring people on the server
  •  God of N00b

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:25 PM

Hi all, I have a friend who got connection issue, it's seems very strange cause i make him install the launcher then we start the game and for the first time he was logged on the server, we was going to play then he decide to quit for switch to 1.08 and when he tryed to log on again it's seem he log and then he is instantanly kicked out with the message"Inlog time exceeded"

i account name is EVIL653, hope you will find the issue people thanks.

1429631591-post-551-1229971820.jpg
"Certainly award of the noob..."

#93 Xelenos

Xelenos
  • Banned
  • 66 posts
  •  God of N00b

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:04 AM

I fixed the issue, but now if he want to play he have to restart is computer and is router, we turned off the firewall, we oppened the port 16000 and do the change to the Option.ini folder we also put on the DMZ things, but he still got the issue. Even when we press Refresh Nat on option leave the multiplayer, when he try to be back on it he still got the Timed out issue.... I'm deseperated we work hard on fix this thing the only thing he can do for play is restart is router each time he log out of the multiplayer :(, if there is a solution i would be happy to know it and to fix it for people who will got it in a near futur.

#94 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:34 AM

Did you make the options.ini changes and set the file to write protected afterwards?

#95 Xelenos

Xelenos
  • Banned
  • 66 posts
  •  God of N00b

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:03 PM

Yes :(

#96 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:59 PM

The file is read only but the game still puts the gamespyipadress line back into it? Hm. You have to delete it then every time you are trying to login.

#97 Wertyz

Wertyz
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 12:21 AM

I am also having connection issues, i've went through the tutorial's set my port forwarding, fixed the options file to read only and changes, the port forward reads the UDP on the tester so i go online to bfme2 create a game and when someone attempts to connect in the lobby it fails and then the port no longer functions in the tester. have been at this for a while and can't seem to get this working, any help would be great. 

#98 XacTyy

XacTyy
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:33 PM

I'm also having trouble with connections.

It's pretty weird since I can play with 1 of my friends. But as soon as another person comes in, I can't seem to connect to them.

That friend is the only person I can connect to.

I've also followed all instructions on how to fix it but it still doesn't let me connect with anyone else then my friend.

Any help would be much appriciated.

#99 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:32 AM

I am also having connection issues, i've went through the tutorial's set my port forwarding, fixed the options file to read only and changes, the port forward reads the UDP on the tester so i go online to bfme2 create a game and when someone attempts to connect in the lobby it fails and then the port no longer functions in the tester. have been at this for a while and can't seem to get this working, any help would be great. 

Sorry for the late reply, but your description sounds like at least one part of your network setup is not working properly..

#100 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:36 AM

I'm also having trouble with connections.

It's pretty weird since I can play with 1 of my friends. But as soon as another person comes in, I can't seem to connect to them.

That friend is the only person I can connect to.

I've also followed all instructions on how to fix it but it still doesn't let me connect with anyone else then my friend.

Any help would be much appriciated.

What exactly did you do? What is your network configuration like? What about your firewalls, port forwarding? How does your options.ini look like?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users