Photo

Can I zoom out my camera for version 1.00?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Maeglin-BALKAN

Maeglin-BALKAN
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:46 AM

Hello

Is it possible for me to play version 1.00 with the camera of 1.07? I mean obviously one of these guys changed something in the ini.big file and now the camera is fine in the newest version. But for those of us who like playing the older versions, is there anything we can do to have the same camera height?

I looked at the ini.big file and this is what i found:

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;These are the primary camera settings
;****CHANGING ANY OF THESE VALUES WILL AFFECT CINEMATICS*****
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DefaultCameraMinHeight = 120.0 ;The minimum height of the camera relative to the terrain.
DefaultCameraMaxHeight = 300.0 ;The maximum height of the camera relative to the terrain.
DefaultCameraPitchAngle = 37.5 ;The pitch angle of the camera off top down view.
DefaultCameraYawAngle = 0.0 ;The direction the camera faces by default.
DefaultCameraScrollSpeedScalar = 1.0 ;How much faster or slower all scrolling is.
;****DO NOT CHANGE ABOVE VALUES *********
;****PS: These values haven't been changed since original Generals anyways, this is an educational message.

I tried changing the DefaultCameraMaxHeight but it doesn't work and game wont open after i changed it(I had a backup of ini file don't worry). The message is clear: ****DO NOT CHANGE ABOVE VALUES *********

What else can I do? Thx in advance.

#2 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:36 AM

Extract maps.big. Then you must change every map's setting in Worldbuidler.

The only way to change view height is in Edit-Map Settings in Worldbuilder.

A quirky alternative is to delete everything but the maps in the 1.07 mod (all the code changes). But that probably won't work.

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 11 October 2013 - 02:41 AM.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#3 Valheru

Valheru

Ashen Shugar

• Project Team
  • 765 posts
  • Projects:patching & see

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:46 AM

Hi again, yes this is a more suitable place to discuss this^^

As Matt said, you need to edit every map individually.

However, you can extract all of the 1.07 maps in FinalBig, and put them in a new maps.big inside the BFME2 folder. Just remove the old maps.big, but keep a backup.

Be aware, some of the maps in 1.7 I edited towers and rocks out, so if you choose to use the ones in here, specifically, Fords of Isen and Buckland, you will go OoS when playing 1.00 or 1.6.

SEE_Team_Rigger.jpg

#4 Maeglin-BALKAN

Maeglin-BALKAN
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:53 AM

Thx for the replies guys. I think i am going to try to edit each map seperately first just to be sure that there will not be any problems when i play online. How long do you think is going to take me to edit each map? I mean if it will take me a couple of hours for all the maps, then i think it is worth it.

I am still new to WB though and i dont think i understand very well what finalbig does, but i will definately look into it and let you guys know if i run into any troubles.

Thx again.

#5 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:35 AM

If 1.00 is really a thing then I might actually consider getting it done. But I would need a few hours, and I know what to do.

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 12 October 2013 - 05:16 AM.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#6 Maeglin-BALKAN

Maeglin-BALKAN
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:04 AM

Actually i just finished Rohan, Buckland and Rhun. Game works perfectly and camera is very good as in 1.07. I did set it to 650 though and i have some fog. When I zoom in a little bit the fog disappears so i think i am going to change them again and set the value to 600 maybe 550. I played with brutal and online in Gameranger and all work fine. I 'll just have to finish the rest of the maps at some point.

Thanks for the help guys!

#7 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:14 AM

You can change fog in each map.ini

As you are successful and editing from 1.00 be sure to post the results. Others may like it. =D (Although I prefer mods like SEE and RJ.)

If you need any help just ask. Good luck.

#8 MaDKiTE

MaDKiTE
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

Ok if someone could please help me i was having the exact same problem as maeglin ill go from the top, (BY THE WAY I HAVE DONE TWO FRESH INSTALLS OF THE GAME WHILST FOLLOWING THESE STEPS) (also note i am running my game in 1920 x 1080 and not the resoloutins it gives in the game options)

1. Open finalBig

2. Open Maps.big from the installation directory folder (program files not the user data)

^ I NOTICE THERE IS ONLY 3 MP MAPS AVAILABLE, GREY MOUNTAINS, HARLINGTON AND WITHERED HEATH. ALL OTHER MAPS ARE TITLED EITHER GOOD "MAP NAME" BAD "MAP NAME" OR WOTR "MAP NAME"

3. Extract the Maps.big into the same folder

4. Run world builder

5. click open file > system maps and select MP Grey Mountains

6. Click edit map settings > max height change to values greater than 320, went up to 750 made no difference / 1250 etc.

7. i tried on the other MP maps, still no difference. I also ticked "is scenario multiplayer" on one of the maps and it made no difference.

By the way the results of the steps were from both skirmish and network.

I've also tried all of these steps with running every single program in Adminstrator. So finalBig, Worldbuilder and BFME2, Still no difference.

NOTE / i have also tried extracting the map files to the AppData area (where custom maps and replays are stored) again, no difference.

My game copy is legit, i have my original one from all the way back from 2006 so no it is not because it is pirated.

I play on version 1.00 now mainly, so the maps i play are Rhun, rohan mordor and buckland.

Please if anyone could see a mistake, ive spent so much time on this now it's really frustrating. Thanks in advance!

Edited by MaDKiTE, 12 October 2013 - 04:49 PM.

#9 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:03 AM

It's cool.

1) You don't need to work from within the same folder. You can extract it to a different folder.

2) Don't change "is scenario multiplayer"

3) You can change the WOR maps as well for this. GOOD and BAD are for the campaigns.

4) Browse for the maps if you can't open them straight from the open box. "Save" will save it to the maps folder in appdata (you can copy the map from there and then overwrite the original) or you can save as and overwrite the original.

5) You will have to backup the original maps.big and use finalbig on a copy and replace the maps in it.

#10 Maeglin-BALKAN

Maeglin-BALKAN
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:16 AM

I did two things differently than you.

1.) Copy pasted my Maps.big file to my desctop open it from there with Finalbig and extracted to my desctop again.

2.) Before saving the edited maps with finalbig (after you have changed the camera height value), I click on finalbig File--> Set File Format --> BIG4 (BFME) and then saving inside Electronic Arts replacing the old Maps.big file.

I am uploading a tutorial as we speak. It should be up in 60 mins or so.

#11 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:06 AM

So I am guessing that it worked. =D

P.S. You can also post the files you changed so people can enjoy 1.0 with the edited maps.

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 13 October 2013 - 01:08 AM.

#12 MaDKiTE

MaDKiTE
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

Maeglin, your tutorial has worked.

thank you guys for your time in helping me, it was very frustrating i must reinstalled my game like 10 times. i even did a full destructive restore of my operating system because i thought there may of been a error in the registry which was causing problems. it turned out i was skipping out the part where after editing the map height, i wouldnt put it back through FinalBig and extract it again to the game directory. For people who is wanting to be able to play 1.00 and 1.06 with a much nicer camera view youtube maeglin bfme2 and click on his channel.

Thanks again guys!

#13 Maeglin-BALKAN

Maeglin-BALKAN
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

I have now changed the camera height for all the maps. The camera height value is 550 for all the maps. I still have some fog in some maps but you can simply zoom in a couple of clicks and the fog will disappear. You can do it yourself and set the camera to a value that you feel more comfortable. But if you want to check it out first here is my map.big file. Please make sure you have a backup copy of your maps.big file before overwriting with my own. Thanks to all those guys who helped me. I really appreciate it.

http://speedy.sh/x4APq/Maps.big

If you want to do it yourself and try more camera heights, here is a tutorial i have made to show you all the steps involved.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=lSnCvRMrHTM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users