20 replies to this topic

#1 THE REAPER

THE REAPER
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • Projects:Nope.
  •  Nope.

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:14 AM

Hello, i have this idea for a mod for Rotwk, i posted it on moddb forums but none replied, but i think you will really like the idea, because i am not a modder but i am looking for some modders and mappers to do this mod :p so there it is, its just a paste:-

The Battles of The Orders, this mod will take us away of the LOTR world

to the world of Assassin's Creed series, i mean we make like those

factions:-
A- Assassins of Masyaf, this is the faction of the assassins in the first AC game, with Altair (The Character of AC) and thus...
B- Templars Of The Crusades, this is the faction of templares that Altair assassinates their leaders in AC.
C- Assassins Of Firenze, the faction which is led by Ezio Auditore.
D- Templares of Europe (needs a better name)Are the templares most responsible for the death of Ezio's father and brothers.
E- Assassins Of Roma, assassins led by Ezio too, but in the time of AC Brotherhood.
F- The Borgia Templars, are the templares led by the Borgia family
G- Assassins of Qustantinya, are the assassins led by Ezio Auditore too, but in the period of AC Revelation.
H- Templars of Istanbul, the title says it all.
I- Assassins of America, assassins led by Connor in AC III.
J-Templars of Britain, Templars led by Haytham, Connor's father, who is

eventually killed by Connor, and made his helper, Charles Lee as the new

leader of the Templars.
This mod need a lot of new maps from the AC games series (i mean as

places) mappers will need some pictures of the real AC games to make the

maps based on them, also new models of fighters and heroes , as well as

the sound tracks that they need to take from the games to fit them with

the mod, and also needs some ideas about a menu, maybe a launcher, and

of course a new spell book system, but about the sounds of heroes and

units, it will not be so hard to find, Total of 10 cool new factions and

more new things awaits someone to mod , please comment if you are

interested.

NOTE:- As i said this is a copy-paste, so i am not sure everything is alright lol, hope you like it :D

#2 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:26 AM

Yeah, but we like LotR. And I haven't even played Assassin's Creed.

About all I will give you is this tip.

Learn how to mod (great base to start is the T3A articles) and learn how to map and make art.

We can help you get better - you can search for problems that others had and ask questions in the appropriate forum.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#3 THE REAPER

THE REAPER
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  •  Nope.

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

Ummm ok, i will learn to mod next holiday because school started and i don't have much time, thanks for the tips anyway :)

#4 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

I'd be wary of using Assassin's Creed directly, sounds like it would be C&D bait.

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#5 THE REAPER

THE REAPER
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  •  Nope.

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

I'd be wary of using Assassin's Creed directly, sounds like it would be C&D bait.

Sorry, don't get what is C&D :p

#6 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

Cease & Desist. It is because you are using copyrighted material. I recommend learning how to mod and join a mod here. Or petition whoever makes Assassin's to make a RTS (war game) for you.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#7 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

Okay, so you have 5 Assassin factions and 5 Templar factions. How are you going to make the 5 Assassin factions unique? What difference is there in gameplay? Does the Assassins Of Roma have something the Assassins Of Firenze does not?

Nah, if you're going to do this, better make it 1 Assassins faction and 1 Templar faction. Have the three main characters Altaïr, Ezio and Connor be heroes in the Assasins faction, and some of the villains be heroes in the Templar faction. Of course, there's a big gap between AC 1 game and AC 3, so when it comes to units you have to make choices. Riflemen? Swordsmen? Etc.. So you can divide the factions up, but having 5 factions per side is way overboard.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#8 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:49 AM

Especially if you have no skills to do any of the work yourself.

Welcome to T3A, Reaper. Please stick around and learn to do some modding yourself, you'll find it isn't so difficult to learn. :)

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#9 THE REAPER

THE REAPER
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  •  Nope.

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

Cease & Desist. It is because you are using copyrighted material. I recommend learning how to mod and join a mod here. Or petition whoever makes Assassin's to make a RTS (war game) for you.

I think it would be a nice mod soo :)

Okay, so you have 5 Assassin factions and 5 Templar factions. How are you going to make the 5 Assassin factions unique? What difference is there in gameplay? Does the Assassins Of Roma have something the Assassins Of Firenze does not?

Nah, if you're going to do this, better make it 1 Assassins faction and 1 Templar faction. Have the three main characters Altaïr, Ezio and Connor be heroes in the Assasins faction, and some of the villains be heroes in the Templar faction. Of course, there's a big gap between AC 1 game and AC 3, so when it comes to units you have to make choices. Riflemen? Swordsmen? Etc.. So you can divide the factions up, but having 5 factions per side is way overboard.

Well, maybe you are right, it is a good idea to put them all in one faction, there is no problem with their types because it will just need more building which is possible, though only 2 factions on the whole mod is kinda little, but maybe sub-factions are also good ;)

Especially if you have no skills to do any of the work yourself.

Welcome to T3A, Reaper. Please stick around and learn to do some modding yourself, you'll find it isn't so difficult to learn. :)

Well, the problem is i don't have much time cause of school, i would be modding if i had some time :\

Anyway, let's wait for more people, maybe someone is interested in making this :D

#10 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

Anyway, let's wait for more people, maybe someone is interested in making this

I'll just say that we here don't make mods for people. Yeah, we mod a lot and co-produce a few, but we don't do requests. However, if you show some interest in building or properly conceiving and leading a mod like this, we'll take an interest and give you a hand.

"Everyone's a hero when there's nowhere left to run."

Auxiliary Skarn, 2333rd Cohort

#11 THE REAPER

THE REAPER
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  •  Nope.

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

Anyway, let's wait for more people, maybe someone is interested in making this

I'll just say that we here don't make mods for people. Yeah, we mod a lot and co-produce a few, but we don't do requests. However, if you show some interest in building or properly conceiving and leading a mod like this, we'll take an interest and give you a hand.

I already told you, i can't learn modding or mod now because i am in school, and i don't have much time, this is an idea, so anyone can make it and take it as his mod, just giving me credits as the Idea maker or something, i can't lead a project if i can't work on it...

#12 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

Keep in mind that modding can be very time consuming it is not something that can be done in weeks you have to be prepared to put in months (at least).

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#13 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

I have read through this topic, and my thoughts are as follows:

Think of the scale of the original game. BFME1 is four factions, BFME2 is six factions.. Both of those games took an entire development team and years to finish as they are.

Now you are proposing to do what we call a "total conversion" mod, which means taking the game and completely redesigning it to be something OTHER then the Lord of the Rings.

To my knowledge (someone correct me if I am wrong), the only "total conversion" mods to ever be released are Rise of Rome, and The Peloponnesian Wars. Each mod required a team of very skilled, veteran modders. And both mods only consisted of one or two factions. To build an Assassin's Creed mod, would require the same skilled modders and years of work.

Our community is much smaller than that of larger game titles, we just do not have the manpower to consider a project of this scale in any reasonable amount of time.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#14 THE REAPER

THE REAPER
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  •  Nope.

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

Well i think this means that there is no possibility to make this mod :( but you guys, why don't you try? Come on, maybe if you make a very little part of it and then make an update of it on Moddb, maybe more modders will come in!

#15 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:37 PM

We don't try because we have our own concepts and ideas and projects we would rather realize.

#16 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

[...] and have witnessed the rise and fall of large modding projects. The Rhovanion Alliance, From Book to Game, etc. all had large development teams, the latter of which included me, and I think we can safely say they are impossible to co-ordinate. Sounds easy, until you take reality into consideration.

"Everyone's a hero when there's nowhere left to run."

Auxiliary Skarn, 2333rd Cohort

#17 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

True enough, I suppose. I prefer working with a team of two core members and however many mappers/audio/whatever people we can get.

#18 THE REAPER

THE REAPER
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  •  Nope.

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:11 AM

Well...i think i will just try to learn modding, start the project on holiday, make the mod on moddb with some updates, update it each 3 days or week, and say:- Modders needed, anyone can join.

#19 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:20 AM

I think that would be a good idea. If you need help figuring things out, don't be afraid to ask.

#20 THE REAPER

THE REAPER
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  •  Nope.

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:07 AM

Thanks, i can't learn now because i have to study, all i can ask is if there are mod tools or mapping tools or anything that can help me like tutorials, please post it below, i would really appreciate that.

Btw, since you (T3A staff and makers) are here, let me say something about T3A, me and my friends are having this problem when we play, when ingame we just play and then suddenly game stops and says something like Out of sync...and most of the lobbies are lagging, is that because of the master server or something?

Edited by THE REAPER, 14 October 2013 - 09:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users