Photo

thoughts on upgrades

5 replies to this topic

#1 johnchm.10

johnchm.10

ALL HUMANS ARE VERMIN IN THE EYES OF MORBO!

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:01 AM

so im playing around with the xmls again, and i had a question.

since im never going to use certain variants of units like pre-AF4 Headhunters, or Pre-C X-wings, would it be better to just change the price and time of those upgrades, or to go into the tech-trees for the individual campaigns and just have them unlocked from the start? and for changing the times of the units affected, how do i change only those times?

#2 johnchm.10

johnchm.10

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

on a related note, what is the Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow?

#3 SpardaSon21

SpardaSon21

title available

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

African or European?

#4 Kitkun

Kitkun

Hater

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:09 AM

Tbh, I never bothered with the tech tree, but the price and build times of ships and upgrades are in their individual unit xml files.

Swallow: http://style.org/unladenswallow/

Frosty Freaky Foreign Forum Fox

<DevXen> Today I was at the store and saw a Darth Vader action figure that said "Choking Hazard." It was great.

#5 johnchm.10

johnchm.10

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:17 AM

i already started to change the upgrade prices. i figure id keep the times the same so i dont screw it up too badly. 

i think that film is one of the rare films that doesn't really get any actual hate, other than the occasional troll.

though the ending still confuses me.

#6 johnchm.10

johnchm.10

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:04 AM

but yeah, so i've got a somewhat custom campaign thing going on.

Alt. Universe, but still somewhat within the realm of possibility

Background: its in the mid-to-late years of the Post-Clone Wars Period, figure about 5-10 BBY

Instead of waiting until a few years before Yavin to form the Alliance, it is formed a few years after the end of the Clone Wars. through various means, the Alliance has amassed a sizable force of ships Moff-balled at the end of the Clone Wars, as well as financial backing by what is left of the CIS holdouts, and the Remnants of the Jedi Order to help lead the Army and Navy.

Galaxy

Empire: controls all default holdings in Chih's sub-mod

Alliance: controls Dantooine. thats it. again, Chih's sub mod.

Forces: Imperial: the default forces used in Chih's mod, albeit with some modifications to fighter compliments

Alliance: 3 Venator-1's, 2 Recusant-1's, 6 Acclamator-2's, 4 Dreadnought-2's, 8 Carrack-2's, 4 DP20's, 4 CR90's, plus a small force of transports and 12 additional Starfighter Squadrons. Roughly Equivalent to 1 Republic Squadron

Heroes

Imperial: same as above.

Alliance: no one new, but i am having most of the Clone Wars Vets gathered at Dantooine, and at their base level.

Modifications: research prices and times tweaked. build prices and times tweaked. compliments modified. Death Star is earlier in its construction process, so it takes FAR longer and is FAR more expensive to build. Garrisoned Units also modified. Ion Cannon fires a little faster

any questions or comments are welcome

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users