• This topic is locked This topic is locked
485 replies to this topic

#421 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:58 AM

The AI can make spies without its requirements issue is well known, and in the next version it will possibly be fixed if the developers manage to do it.

Chronosphere, Iron Curtain and Rage Inductor are disabled on Island game mode maps, because of balance issues. Chronosphere would give too huge advantage to the Allies.

#422 Wayward Winds

Wayward Winds
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:00 PM

I see the AI doesn't necessarily follow the tech tree, but I found myself caught off guard in a Fortress Skirmish, on the Lonely Island map.

A Euro Alliance hard AI was in the Fortress position, with me (USA) and a pair of easy AI's (PsiCorps, Latin Confederation) on the offensive (this was more me trialling the game mode and Mercury IFV than looking for a serious challenge). Things were going roughly as you'd expect until the Euro Alliance AI started sending Masterminds at me.
Looking at its base, I could see no trace of stolen Epsilon tech. Just in case, I reran the skirmish with me playing Euro Alliance and infiltrating a PsiCorps Construction Yard to acquire a stolen Epsilon MCV. Even going up the Epsilon tech tree, I couldn't get my Euro Alliance side to be able to field Masterminds.
Simply put, is the AI supposed to do that?

In an unrelated incident, is the Stormchild supposed to be unable to target Thor Gunships? Are those lasers limited to Kirovs and Ravens or something?

Edited by Wayward Winds, 02 July 2015 - 01:01 PM.

#423 ShadowE

ShadowE

Retired MO player, Current CSGO Casual

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  Now known as TY

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:24 PM

It's the map, sometimes a Mastermind appears, even if the player on that position is human. Also Stormchild AA is only for the campaign mission Road Trippin

#424 Wayward Winds

Wayward Winds
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:39 PM

It's the map, sometimes a Mastermind appears, even if the player on that position is human. Also Stormchild AA is only for the campaign mission Road Trippin

Hmm.  In hindsight, the Yuri statues and Mayan towers around the fortified position make it a little more "consistent" that Masterminds spawn.  But out of curiosity, was this intended?  (And it wasn't just "sometimes", the AI liked them more than it liked the Thors!)

Road Trippin' was the reason I thought Stormchilds were AA capable in the first place; I vaguely remember the message introducing the Stormchild's lasers mentioning that they were experimental, but I didn't take that to mean "never to be seen again".  I hadn't actually used Stormchilds since that mission until I started doing skirmishes, so that's why it surprised me.

#425 ShadowE

ShadowE

Retired MO player, Current CSGO Casual

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  Now known as TY

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:45 PM

If it's intended or not, I can't tell you, for only the mapdesigner can :p

#426 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:31 PM

It's intended. The fortress can build Masterminds so it's not only spawning.

#427 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 03 July 2015 - 12:05 AM

Road Trippin' was the reason I thought Stormchilds were AA capable in the first place; I vaguely remember the message introducing the Stormchild's lasers mentioning that they were experimental, but I didn't take that to mean "never to be seen again".  I hadn't actually used Stormchilds since that mission until I started doing skirmishes, so that's why it surprised me.

In A04: Heaven and Hell when you get to part 2 of mission (basebuilding), after constructing AFCHQ you will get message that AA laser was on longer way not that efficient and its removed, however anti infantry version of it still remains.

#428 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 12:28 AM

Wait, stormchild has anti-inf lasers? Never bothered using them on infantry.

#429 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,992 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:59 AM

The whole thing with Stormchild having AA capabilities will be gone in the next version, including the mission 'Road Trippin'

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#430 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  • Projects:Doom Desire
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:45 AM

Masterminds spawn on the H spot every several minutes. So the defending player can make some friends and stop being lonely.
ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#431 alexthecat

alexthecat
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 09:59 PM

I have been having a problem with soviet spy planes. Theres a glitch where they circle around infinitely and cannot be shot down, so an hour into the game, I might have three of them constantly circling around my base taking pictures which irritates the hell out of me. I'd recommend setting it so that they self destruct after a minute or so. That, or replace them completely, as the spy plane is unpredictable and sort of useless when compared to the other factions scouting powers

#432 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:31 AM

Soviet Spy Plane is indestructible.

#433 alexthecat

alexthecat
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 03:25 AM

idk whats up, but sometimes in game there are tiles that become unusable (can't build on them) and this usually happens when I sell yuri bio reactors with people still inside them, and a tile adjacent to the reactor that I sold becomes unusable. It feels like there are stealthed units on the tile, but there are none.

#434 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  • Projects:Doom Desire
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:49 PM

Never put chrono infantry into bio reactors. Other than that, it shouldn't happen. And even if it does happen, it shouldn't affect the stability of the game.

Edited by mevitar, 15 July 2015 - 12:49 PM.

ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#435 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:00 AM

Not sure if this is already reported or not (Afaik, it's not in the bug list)

In Skirmish Battle (and LAN Battle), AI PsiCorps will train Libra, but will NEVER use her at all. She'll stay in the base all the time with no sign of moving upon being trained. You can safely put any infantry or tank next to her without the fear of getting attacked by her. If for some reason an attack hit her, instead of fighting back, she'll run away as if she doesn't have weapons at all. She's the only Commando the AI will never use in any situation.

Tried it in Normal, Mental and Meteor Shower Normal

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#436 DetectiveTaco

DetectiveTaco

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  lolwut

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:11 AM

Some bullet-type weapons don't damage the Tank Bunker when attacking the unit inside. (not sure if it is really counted as a bug though)

#437 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:32 PM

This is noted to be true for Tanya's laser weapon, for example. (In general, pin-point weapons should be affected, since no damage was splashed onto the Bunker. I guess that Virus and Warhawk should have the same issue).

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#438 DetectiveTaco

DetectiveTaco

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  lolwut

Posted 25 September 2015 - 10:26 AM

I came upon this unit (Gaia Platform) while playing Crate War with AI. Not sure if it is a bug or just a clientside glitch.

http://i.imgur.com/45ur1Ev.jpg

Edited by DetectiveTaco, 25 September 2015 - 10:28 AM.

#439 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,992 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:13 AM

What kind of a weirdly modded Mental Omega is that?  :whathuh:

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#440 DetectiveTaco

DetectiveTaco

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  lolwut

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:15 AM

I ported my custom stuff from YR to MO ;)

(Btw, wasn't the Gaia Platform a unit from MO 2.0?)

Edited by DetectiveTaco, 25 September 2015 - 11:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users