485 replies to this topic

#461 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:38 PM

Wasnt it actually supposed to be like that on this map? Correct me if im wrong, but thats a map with a large impact crater in center right?

#462 Abc12341

Abc12341
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:36 PM

Wasnt it actually supposed to be like that on this map? Correct me if im wrong, but thats a map with a large impact crater in center right?

not sure... anyway its just weird since I wasn't aware it was supposed to be like that (if it is)

also, aircraft carriers can gain experience (from crates) although don't think they can from the hornets' attacks, doubt its possible that the hornets could give the carrier experience for their kills

Stormchild lasers can miss target sometimes

Flame weapons don't use blue flames but the Initiate's attack creates a blue flame

Stryker IFV/Archon AMC/Tsurugi with Tesla weapon doesn't gain bonus from Overcharge

Epsilon gates' 'lasers' don't really attach to anything (better seen when no wall on either side of gate)

Vehicles with killed drivers that had veterancy before pilot's death still remain veteran/elite

AI sometimes doesn't make an MCV when they don't have a construction yard but have the ability to build an MCV

AI engineers act odd sometimes, stopping in random places and also they don't capture tech buildings that are close to their base sometimes

When an enemy Epsilon AI captures units with mind control, they usually don't do anything with them, e.g. a Driller APC would just stay in the place it has been mind controlled in

AI navy is buggy; e.g. use Dreadnoughts unaccompanied, and some units are especially bugged, such as Seawolves and Piranha minisubs (these two units sometimes just appear to be aiming toward a random area and stay in place)

Spawned units don't appear to gain experience, such as Gehenna's aircraft (dybbuk?), Hornets from aircraft carriers, Hailhitters from Hailstorms, Ospreys from Destroyers, etc.

Crazy ivan IFVs don't appear to damage walls

#463 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:46 PM

Blue flames are unique to Initiates, it's a psychic weapon.

Epsilon gates' are 'superheated rods that levitate in the air'. :shiftee:

Tesla IFV can't be made to get a firepower bonus from Overcharge.

Same applies to veterancy on killdrived vehicles, can't do anything about that.

AI navy is buggy because it shares a queue with the War Factory and AI doesn't give it priority.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#464 hius

hius
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:34 AM

This is probably the right place to post this, but my friend is having problem playing multiplayer. He can do single player perfectly fine, but in MP the main screen is just black. He can see the UI on the bottom and right side of the screen. The computer is Windows 10.

Edit: Turns out that the version of the game from http://xwis.net/foru...7134-downloads/ does not work on Windows 10. He got a different copy and now is able to play, but still gets frame rate drops.

Edited by hius, 29 July 2016 - 04:33 PM.

#465 Eric

Eric

Mental Strategist

• Members
  • 195 posts
  •  Robot In Grease, BURRRAH

Posted 02 August 2016 - 10:47 AM

I having a problem playing with the map "Collision Course (2-4)" for the past 3 months since I started playing MO . All bridges are destroyable but on the downside they don't have bridge repair huts. I solved the problem in-game with naval units but for the bridges, too bad.

Is this a bug?

#466 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  • Projects:Doom Desire
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:22 AM

If this map will still be in future MO versions then it will be fixed for sure. No destructible bridge should be without a repair hut.
ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#467 Eric

Eric

Mental Strategist

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:35 PM

Thanks for your help, I hope there will be no destructible bridges in Collision Course map. I would be happy if the problem is solved in the next version. :thumbsuphappy:

#468 ROMaster2

ROMaster2
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 05:16 PM

For a couple of months I've been practicing Allied 12 : Sunlight. I've been aiming for 25mins. I'm guessing that I'm in the 30-35 range currently (not set up a timer yet) but have hit a problem. The map doesn't end.
This has happened almost every time. I think it's because of units spawning off the map, waiting for a trigger to move onto the map and attack. Specifically there are Latin Dreadnoughts at the southern edge of the map. Sometimes they are far enough onto the map to target or hit with Thor splash damage. Sometimes killing them ends the map. Most of the time it doesn't.
I'm guessing no one is really playing this map atm, but if anyone is, have you found the same problem or have any insight? A way around it maybe?
Edit: Playing on Mental in case it makes a difference

Was mentioned here: https://www.speedrun...mo/thread/bh67z

#469 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 09 August 2016 - 05:35 PM

Those units don't wait for a trigger to move onto the map, they are created the moment they are expected to move out and attack.

Does he mean that there are Dreadnoughts at the unreachable edge on the map and they don't take any action? I could use a screenshot of that.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#470 Goldfish300

Goldfish300
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 01:19 PM

Hi, I was the one asking on https://www.speedrun...o/thread/bh67z/ about the dreadnought issue.
I can't get a screenshot right now, I'll have to update this with some later.

The Dreadnoughts I'm talking about are off of the southern edge of the map. To make it more confusing there are 2 states I've seen them in.

Usually the Dreadnoughts are so far off the map that only about 2 pixels of their rocket are visible. I thought they were rocks in the water at first. By targetting near them with Battleships I was able to hit them with stray shots triggering them to move onto the map to attack the Battleships.
Today I found that there are actually 4 Dreadnoughts off the map, in 2 groups of 2. 1 Dreadnought from each group has the tip visible and the other is sitting behind it. When the first Dreadnought moves onto the map the Dreadnought behind sometimes moves as well, as if being blocked. But not always. Sometimes it has to be hit with stray fire as well. So it's possible that when they both move they've actually both been hit, meaning that the front one isn't blocking the rear one. Killing them ended the map.

The first time I saw them, there were only 2 Dreadnought half off the map. They were just on the map far enough to be able to issue attack commands on them. Killing them allowed the map to end. I'd taken longer to complete the map than the other times I've seen them so it's possible that time is related.

As far as I can tell, all these Dreadnoughts are orange and so belong to the Latin Confederation. By about 10-14 mins (rough guess) I've defeated their forces. Destroyed all their primary buildings so that the defences sell and they zerg me. This might be messing with the triggers? However the Latin Dreadnought that arrives at the north west, by the shipyard you start with, moves and attacks normally.

#471 Goldfish300

Goldfish300
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:56 PM

Something new happened when taking the screenshots. The Dreadnoughts were in positions I haven't seen before. 2 were 1/4 on the screen, still not targetable. 2 were in the usual position with just a couple of pixels showing. Usually just the 2 with red boxes around them are visible.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/BhJmnmh.jpg

Enhanced: http://i.imgur.com/h8J6oCp.jpg

#472 Dexition

Dexition
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 09:09 AM

I dont have the Soviet Airbase and the Aerodome.
Are they supposed to be in 3.3?

Edited by Dexition, 21 August 2016 - 09:29 AM.

#473 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:01 AM

3.3 is not out yet.

#474 Dexition

Dexition
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 02:43 PM

I know, I thought those were in 3.0. My bad, the factions page in mentalomega.com made me confuse.

#475 GiveAXanToTheseHoes

GiveAXanToTheseHoes
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 06:29 AM

in Epsilon Mission 1 theres a bug that causes you to fail the mission after letting the engineer in the hack center. i killed a GI and it gave me an error something like this "mission.epeace.spygone" . i played it a multiple times and it always happens after killing an enemy unit after letting the engi in the center. 

#476 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 23 August 2016 - 06:34 AM

But ANY enemy unit? If its GI, it could possibly be a spy you have to mindcontrol in order to infiltrate tech lab. Killing him always ends the mission. Could you send a screenshot and mention the difficulty you are playing on?

#477 GiveAXanToTheseHoes

GiveAXanToTheseHoes
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 09:09 AM

i think it isnt because i already have the engineer that will be used to infiltrate the lab. Its on easy.

#478 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 24 August 2016 - 09:40 AM

You arent supposed to use engineer, you have to use Spy. Engineer is just in case if you feel like capturing something else, which is not really needed in this mission.

#479 GiveAXanToTheseHoes

GiveAXanToTheseHoes
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 08:05 PM

Yeah it is! So thats why a GI comes out on the top of the map. The error message just looks like a code is missing

#480 Eric

Eric

Mental Strategist

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 08:36 AM

Hi, there was a problem when a unit was chrono frozen by a legionnaire in a Battle Fortress and got crushed while it was frozen. The worst problem for crushable hero units while chrono frozen. When a hero unit being chrono frozen got crushed by a BFRT, it's gone, I tried to train that hero unit (e.g. Morales) would be unbuildable.

Please help if is this a some kind of engine, minor, major bug. :sad:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users