Photo

Can't Play Campaign in Online Edition

Best Answer ICT, 11 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

Both is possible!

If you install the normal game version (unmodified) follow the steps: http://online.the3rd...ndex.html#setup

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 discojedi

discojedi
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:09 PM

Hello,

I installed the Online Edition but whenever I try to start a Campaign or load an old one, the campaign map bugs out and becomes completely unresponsive.

Sometimes the camera loads below the map itself so EVERYTHING looks garbled and messed up. Sometimes the camera starts in the right place, but then I click the map when prompted to ("Click the Mouse Button to begin") and I get the wooooooshing sound of the camera zooming in, but everything just stays in place and I can't click or move anything.

Skirmishes work just fine, as far as I can tell, it's just the campaign map that's not working. Anyone else experience this?

Thank you.

#2 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:14 PM

I thought the Online Edition removed the campaign stuff? Try a full BFME installation if you want to play the campaign as it was meant to be...

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#3 discojedi

discojedi
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:16 PM

Sorry Phil that was not clear to me when I installed the Online edition. I thought it came with everything, thanks for clearing that up.

Is there any way to basically have the Online Edition installed but also be able to play Campaigns? Or is it a one or the other sort of thing?

Thank you for the fast response.

#4 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:27 PM   Best Answer

Both is possible!

If you install the normal game version (unmodified) follow the steps: http://online.the3rd...ndex.html#setup

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#5 Echo

Echo

T3A:Online

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  • Projects:Lot3A
  •  ~~
  • Job:T3A Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:59 AM

I really like the Online edition, but I also miss the campaign. I understand that it's a lot of work, but if there's going to be another release, I'd rather have the full game instead of just half of it. Or maybe two versions? Yeah whatever, I have the original game already but I tried the online version on my laptop and it looks good. ;)

26285.png

#6 discojedi

discojedi
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:20 AM

Thanks for that link, ICT. I will give that a try and see how it goes.

Echo, I agree with you, it would be very nice to have the campaign as well, though I understand that this represents a lot of work. Perhaps if there is some extra time between future versions. :)

#7 DIGI_Byte

DIGI_Byte

Unitologist

• Hosted
  • 1,747 posts
  • Projects:GTFO
  •  Everybody do the Flop!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:49 AM

I really like the Online edition, but I also miss the campaign. I understand that it's a lot of work, but if there's going to be another release, I'd rather have the full game instead of just half of it. Or maybe two versions? Yeah whatever, I have the original game already but I tried the online version on my laptop and it looks good. ;)

"I want the online version to have a campaign, because i'd rather have the full game and not half of it... btw I already own the full game"

you do understand what the Online Edition is, don't you?

the Online Version is Multiplayer only, Duh. the campaign is stripped from it. making it a lighter more portable version while allowing people to play online

(the campaign kind of sucks)

the Full game is available for download if you seek it, and we have a patch which makes it online compatible, this obviously comes with the campaign

Lyon-Fixed.gif
RIP 2323

#8 Echo

Echo

T3A:Online

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  • Projects:Lot3A
  •  ~~
  • Job:T3A Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:14 AM

"I want the online version to have a campaign, because i'd rather have the full game and not half of it... btw I already own the full game"

you do understand what the Online Edition is, don't you?

the Online Version is Multiplayer only, Duh. the campaign is stripped from it. making it a lighter more portable version while allowing people to play online

(the campaign kind of sucks)

the Full game is available for download if you seek it, and we have a patch which makes it online compatible, this obviously comes with the campaign

I'm talking for other people like the OP, obviously. I have a friend who doesn't know this game very well, doesn't have a copy and I think he might like the campaign. Especially new players (who want to try out the game) might want to play the campaign. As discojedi said, this could be a future project once there's more time for it.

And also, no, the campaign doesn't suck (well if you think so that doesn't mean it's generally shit). I like BFME because it's so much movie-based. The LotR trilogy was great, and even though the campaign is pretty easy even on hard difficulty, it's still fun to play for me because I can re-play what happened in the film (for the most part).

26285.png

#9 DIGI_Byte

DIGI_Byte

Unitologist

• Hosted
  • 1,747 posts
  • Projects:GTFO
  •  Everybody do the Flop!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:22 AM

Future Project? What?
Look, there is no need for a project, if people want the campaign, Get a copy of it Online because it already exists in the full game, its that simple.

I think we even offer an torrent to download it now.

Lyon-Fixed.gif
RIP 2323

#10 discojedi

discojedi
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

Thanks for that information DIGI_Byte, I was not aware that this was how it worked with the Online Edition. That was not made entirely clear to me from reading the website.

Do you have the torrent link for the full version of the game that you mentioned? I'd like to try installing that and patching the Online on top of it.

#11 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:32 PM