Any way to make difficulty easier?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 bartpp7

bartpp7
  • Project Team
  • 223 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:09 AM

i was wondering if there is a way to modify a file to make the difficulty easier im not very good or are we even allowed to do so? also if we are able to would that make the campaign easier too i couldnt even protect the Pentagon LOL

Posted Image
Posted Image
General Granger: I Win you lose what more is there left to say.

#2 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:12 AM

I kinda agree. Difficulty settings in general exist in games to increase its availability, aka make more people to play the game. However, even when Easy is just too hard, some people just lose interest.

Though, I give it that the missions aren't as unfairly hard as they were in 2.0, but there are still stuff that's a little too much, especially with the saving feature turned off (really, making that work should be top priority). Currently stuck on Allied Mission 4. Kiting those AA tanks around is a real pain.

#3 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:59 PM

Check out the feedback thread. We'd love to hear in greater detail what you think is too difficult or unfair!

#4 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:08 PM

Most of the missions weren't meant to be beatable in the first try. :D Although neither in the 4th try.

#5 Oktavia

Oktavia
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:36 PM

Currently stuck on Allied Mission 4. Kiting those AA tanks around is a real pain.

I'm seconding this one. 4th mission is simply boring.

#6 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,992 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:43 PM

There are AA tanks in A04 Heaven and Hell?

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#7 Oktavia

Oktavia
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:10 PM

There are enough of them to be bored by kiting.

Edited by Oktavia, 01 December 2013 - 08:11 PM.

#8 bartpp7

bartpp7
  • Project Team
  • 223 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:54 PM

Ok this went off my topic so to get back on track in vanilla RA2 or YR it had a learning curve you went up through the difficulties atleast i did but MO is overall too hard dont get me wrong i love the mod its just the difficult and my main Question was can us players make it easier via file modify obviously it would be for personal use.

Posted Image
Posted Image
General Granger: I Win you lose what more is there left to say.

#9 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:05 PM

Tsivils, to be precise. Deadly to both the Rocketeers and the SEALs. You have to kite them around with a SEAL, while the rocketeers chip away their healths.

bartpp7: It might be possible. That's the only way I could somewhat play the MO2.0 missions that were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more insane than these. I think I had to extract the rules.ini from one of the mix files to do that. However: http://forums.revora...open-mix-files/

#10 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:34 PM

IIRC Tzivils aren't very big threat against Rocketeers in that mission because of the autoheal of Rocketeers. For SEALs... you have to be careful with them. :D

#11 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  • Projects:YR Argentina Webmaster
  •  Since April 2011
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:YR Argentina

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:40 PM

I counted 4-5 during the SEAL & Rocketeer part, that's becoming boring and frustriating to kite them all the time. But AFAIK, the mission was much more entertaining during the closed beta, faster paced because SEALs had no problem with taking down Sentries.

Edited by Martinoz, 01 December 2013 - 10:45 PM.

7fqd2Qz.png

#12 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:45 PM

Although I don't remember that I had to kite them. It was long ago. Perhaps I'll do the mission again sometime.

#13 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  •  Since April 2011

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:46 PM

Although I don't remember that I had to kite them. It was long ago. Perhaps I'll do the mission again sometime.

Check my reply. Probably in the last few revisions something went wrong :p

7fqd2Qz.png

#14 Oktavia

Oktavia
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:00 AM

IIRC Tzivils aren't very big threat against Rocketeers in that mission because of the autoheal of Rocketeers. For SEALs... you have to be careful with them. :D

I don't think regen make fights with them more interesting.

#15 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:33 AM

Having to wait till your units heal back does indeed kill the pacing a bit. The coop mission "Burned Alive" has this same problem, though it is alleviated a bit by the health crates that are available.

#16 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  • Projects:Doom Desire
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:53 PM

If you get at least one elite Seal you can easily kill a single Tsivil. Until you get to a point that you have to deal with 2 Tsivils at once you can get 2 elite Seals and should be able to help them out with Rocketeers. You don't have to wait that long then. The boring part starts after you receive control over the base and you have to destroy the enemy by spamming tanks :p (unless you notice one thing about the enemy base, but i won't give any spoilers :p ).

ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#17 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  •  Since April 2011

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

If you get at least one elite Seal you can easily kill a single Tsivil. Until you get to a point that you have to deal with 2 Tsivils at once you can get 2 elite Seals and should be able to help them out with Rocketeers. You don't have to wait that long then. The boring part starts after you receive control over the base and you have to destroy the enemy by spamming tanks :p (unless you notice one thing about the enemy base, but i won't give any spoilers :p ).

SEAL on elite dies easily to Sentry and Tsivil. Kiting with Rocketeers is needed.

7fqd2Qz.png

#18 Oktavia

Oktavia
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:58 PM

Did you try to play it for yourself? I could get first promotion to one seal at best. It's quite strange that my second SEAL didn't even get one, despite killing more infantry and blowing up more AA flaks.

#19 Black/Brunez

Black/Brunez

Title? What title?

• Project Team
  • 1,262 posts
  •  Mentalmeister - Random Annoying Guy

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:26 PM

Did you try to play it for yourself? I could get first promotion to one seal at best. It's quite strange that my second SEAL didn't even get one, despite killing more infantry and blowing up more AA flaks.

90% of the times I play this missions both my SEALs become elite...

#20 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  • Projects:Doom Desire
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:31 AM

Of course i did. I finished all but one missions on mental, and this one at least 3 times. But then, there seems to be an issue with this mission not ending atm, so i'll check it again soon, maybe more stuff got broken for some reason.

Edited by mevitar, 03 December 2013 - 09:32 AM.

ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users