MO3.0 Feedback // SUGGESTIONS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2870 replies to this topic

#2821 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 23 November 2016 - 08:29 AM

So if the new MO uses a DTA/TI-like client from Rampastring, does its client have faction-specific visual themes too?

Edited by Damfoos, 23 November 2016 - 08:32 AM.

#2822 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 09:01 AM

Also, does that mean that the game will exit every time a mission is won, not progress to the next one? Also, will it also have the bug where you enter the game controls menu, the music currently playing stops and a new one starts and it makes the menus freeze for a minute? Because I encountered all these in both DTA and TI, and I think these might be problems with the client.

#2823 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,992 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 23 November 2016 - 09:21 AM

The MO client does not have faction-specific themes. 

MO will not exit every time a mission is won, it will move to the next one. RA2 does not have this problem.

Are you sure? From what I know only one song plays in the client and there are options to disable it in certain menus or disable it completely.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#2824 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:32 AM

It happens during in game. So I've been wondering if it's really a client related thing, as it happens in both TI and DTA.... unless DTA is actually based on the TS engine, meaning it's a bug exclusive to that.

Edit: Oh it is on the TS engine. Nevermind then, it seems to be a bug with that then.

Phew, it's been a long time since I played TS, and I thought that the problems I faced in both TI and DTA were related to the client.

Edited by Solais, 23 November 2016 - 10:34 AM.

#2825 IconOfEvi

IconOfEvi
  • Members
  • 181 posts
  • Projects:Allies Revenge 2

Posted 28 November 2016 - 07:49 AM

When playing Act 1 a while back, and reading the briefings/unit lines I noticed there was some room for improvement in terms of grammar or making things more clear to the reader.   If you want someone to proofread/revise the campaign texts, feel free to ping me via PM.  I did some revisions of TI's briefings and tutorials a few months ago -- I don't know if they ended up being used since TI's latest release hasn't come out yet, but Aro seemed appreciative at the time.

Make "briefing videos" for each mission. Its just text with a cool picture in the background, a still-shot image, buts actually a movie file, that shows the image for a minute or two for you to read (or skip). The text from the ingame mission breifings is the same text for the briefing video. 

Get a guy who speaks english to rewrite all of the mission briefings. At least the current Soviet faction in-game briefing texts are too bloated. They read sloppy.

Guy who wrote the briefings here. I do apologize in advance about confusion over writing and such, and if there are any specific questions, I will be glad to answer. That said now, allow me write a slight defense of myself. :p

First, English is definitely my first language. The biggest problem when it comes to the briefings is that you can only have so many strings, since there was ever no scrollbar for them. It's a shame but there's nothing that I can do. It actually took me longer to pare down​ the text to fit, rather than write it in the first place. Another issue that has come to mixed opinion is how the briefings are written. I think I'm at liberty to at least explain why they are the way they are - pretty early on, when I was first brought onboard, we had decided to do briefings differently because maybe it isn't clear ingame, but you essentially play as yourself. You are a character, with your own opinions and agency. Generally, each briefing is written by perspective of your aide-de-camp, or in the Yuri campaign, Yuri himself, since he's not​ a huge guy when MO starts. Psicorps is not​ an independent agency, I thought the missions made this pretty clear? And I wrote your people who brief you as also being people, with opinions of their own.

Now also bear in mind when I came onboard for 3.0 - the missions had already largely been planned, so I had not much input on them. I work with what I'm given, which is no slight to the team of course. I wasn't onboard when the project started, or was planned far enough it was too late to make any huge changes. So say, in reference to the giant shore Laser Cannons referenced in the first missions, it was a minor request of mine to make some for a prop but those never got made, which admittedly was really low on the request list. If you haven't inferred, America in MO is the world pioneer when it comes to lasers, hence how Britain magically got their Gladius cannons hint hint. There's subtext going on in the story, and you have to look. I understand there is some gameplay and story segregation, but there is little that can be done about that.

A lot of this is my fault too, since after 3.0 was first released, I kinda dropped off the face of the radar, and came on only before it was too late to input anything on mission design. And again it happened. But again, I'll try to keep these things in mind as well as go back to the older briefings and clear some things up. So in the meantime, if you have any questions about whats happening in the story, I can help clear. If we can get longer/scrollable briefing screens from Ares or something, that would really help me work, but that's really low on priorities afaik.

#2826 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:44 AM

Hmm.

It would be interesting if you could release one of the early, long drafts for a briefing, and maybe people could try creating a sort of "EVA cutscene" or "briefing video" around it, like mentioned above.

Also, I wonder how the briefing window in the DTA/TI launcher's mission selection screen works. Maybe that could provide a bigger "canvas".

#2827 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 28 November 2016 - 01:16 PM

Those would be a bit too spoilerish.

#2828 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,992 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 28 November 2016 - 01:19 PM

Yeah. you would just scroll down the list and have all the spoilers handed to you.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#2829 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:36 PM

Well, the launcher should be a lot more malleable than the game itself, isn't it? Maybe the creator of it could add a feature that when you select to play a mission, a customizable size briefing window would pop up. You could only click OK then, to start the mission, so it's about as spoilerific as the current mission list.

Edited by Solais, 28 November 2016 - 02:38 PM.

#2830 bengast

bengast
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:20 PM

Better/more mission debriefing -> more story -> more immersion -> more fun -> happy me!

DO IT! xD

#2831 TimeTravel_1

TimeTravel_1
  • Banned
  • 52 posts
  •  Time Travel Discussion Person

Posted 29 November 2016 - 12:37 PM

What is that logic? A flying voxel? I suddenly found it recommended to me on youtube,

Then we want it! for tornado weapons and some kind of epsilon weapons.

#2832 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:11 PM

Which logic? Any specific time in the video?

#2833 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:04 PM

Think he's taking about the straight-up flying voxel debris when a tank gets destroyed.
kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#2834 TimeTravel_1

TimeTravel_1
  • Banned
  • 52 posts
  •  Time Travel Discussion Person

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:06 PM

Think he's taking about the straight-up flying voxel debris when a tank gets destroyed.

Exactly..

#2835 edumm

edumm
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 08:23 PM

Another suggestion of unit for a future version of MO:

Suvorov Airship

Suvorov Airship

Cost: $2800
Speed: 8 (Flying)
Hitpoints: 2000
Armr Class: Medium Air
Prerequisite: Soviet Warfactory + Any Soviet Lab
Porpouse: Bombardment
Weapon: FAB-1500
Range: 1

Alexander Suvorov, the Russian General of the First Great War who was never defeated, was honored in the latest version of the iconic "Kirov Airship"; the new Suvorov Airship is faster than conventional Kirov thanks to the jet engines it has received. The Suvorov commander can still activate "Afterburn" on the turbines, making the airship fly more faster, however for a very short period of time. If used wisely it can be even more deadly than a Kirov Airship.

Additional Information:

Automatically repairs itself.
"Afterburn" decreases armor by 50% while increasing speed by 25% until the effect is over.

Gameplay: Must work very well in combo with Stalin's First; Suvorov is 1 point faster than the Kirov. If "Afterburn" is activated it becomes 25% faster (2 points) than normal.

Mechanics: Use a bar that indicates when the "Afterburn" can be used, the bar must be full.

Aesthetics: Similar to Kirov Airship, however instead of turbines with propellers it receives jet engines; when "Afterburn" is activated the turbine fire increases.

Edited by edumm, 01 December 2016 - 08:24 PM.

#2836 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 01 December 2016 - 08:29 PM

Im not sure if i recall correctly but speed boost does not work on Air movement types.

#2837 edumm

edumm
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 08:33 PM

Im not sure if i recall correctly but speed boost does not work on Air movement types.

Sad if it's true :sad:

#2838 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:07 PM

Can you make the Epsilon Gates cameos more distinct from each other? Unlike with other factions, the gates are almost parallel to the horizont on both pictures, only background is noticeably different, which isn't really informative.

Edited by Damfoos, 02 December 2016 - 12:07 PM.

#2839 BlackAbsence

BlackAbsence

BlargleGargle

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:28 AM

I suggest visible bullets and tank projectiles because it makes firefights more dramatic, and it can't be that hard to implement, can it?

Edited by BlackAbsence, 09 December 2016 - 04:15 PM.

Infinitive absence.

#2840 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:48 AM

That mess up balance. A lot. Viable bullets can miss - invisible ones insta-hit. Viable bullets might also cause them being lost - asin they are fired towards targets which end up dead before they hit.
kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users