MO3.0 Feedback // MISSIONS/CO-OP

• Please log in to reply
463 replies to this topic

#1 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

Greetings Proselytes!

Think an easy mission is way more difficult than it should be?

Is the difficulty curve inconsistent? (The earlier missions should be easier than later missions.)

Harder missions not much of a challenge?

This thread is for feedback on the difficulty of the single player & coop campaigns.

Keep in mind that you cannot save your game for the time being and that this may affect the difficulty of a mission.

Some missions will be much easier once saving and loading a game becomes possible.

Edited by Zenothist, 12 March 2014 - 08:10 AM.

#2 Dutchygamer

Dutchygamer
  • Members
  • 38 posts
  • Projects:Frontline Chaos mod leader, Twisted Insurrection AI coder
  •  MO China (ab)user

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:19 PM

The third mission of the Soviets (with Morales and LC). After retrying it because I failed to notice the dog spam in the woods near Morales, I finally got him in position. Thinking he would be safe, I moved on with the next part of the mission, and suddenly: "Critical unit lost, mission failed". I'd hoped when Morales was in position he would be safe, and not be attacked by some random idiot AI team which had orders to hunt the closest infantry (helicopters or Rocketeers). Is there any other way then destroying almost everything beside the critical targets before I have to move Morales to his position, or can you make it so when Morales is in position, he switches teams, and is ignored by the AI? I mean, it's already annoying that you have to pay full attention to get him in position with all those surprises in the woods, but to also make sure he doesn't get killed afterwards by some straying air unit (with no way to get AA help to him) is a bit absurd.

arrsig2_zps6612865a.png

#3 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:22 PM

That mission has a mod which makes Morales immune to Rocketeer and Warhawk weapons. Are you sure it was the flying units that killed him? The ground units from AI teams couldn't have killed him either because that part of the map is inaccessible for them.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#4 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:22 PM

That is impossible. The place where Morales is located is unapproachable by other units.

#5 Dutchygamer

Dutchygamer
  • Members
  • 38 posts
  •  MO China (ab)user

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:24 PM

I have no idea then. I had him in position, was busy moving my army to the main target, and suddenly he's dead. Unless one of the two GIs that where deployed earlier suddenly moved their arses, or a stray dog I missed (which is unlikely) got him, I have no idea what got him. Or are there other 'Critical' targets I shouldn't destroy before I get to the main target?

arrsig2_zps6612865a.png

#6 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:25 PM

Oh I remember now. When Morales reaches that position, two paradrops of GIs happen to hunt him down so that the player doesn't feel too comfortable.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#7 Dutchygamer

Dutchygamer
  • Members
  • 38 posts
  •  MO China (ab)user

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:28 PM

...SERIOUSLY? Your campaign map designer is a bastard first class, and that's a compliment :p Although some kind of hind might be useful perhaps.

arrsig2_zps6612865a.png

#8 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:30 PM

Yes, I am a bastard since 2006 when it comes to missions, thank you. :p

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#9 Dutchygamer

Dutchygamer
  • Members
  • 38 posts
  •  MO China (ab)user

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:32 PM

I will be even more paranoic in future when it comes to critical units in missions :p

arrsig2_zps6612865a.png

#10 Atomic_Noodles

Atomic_Noodles

Colony Hivemind

• Project Team
  • 854 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert - Colony Wars
  •  Colony Wars Hive Mind

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:40 PM

...SERIOUSLY? Your campaign map designer is a bastard first class

You get that when you have someone who plays RTS on Hardest Difficulty and complaining its still too easy. *cough* lovalmidas & cesare *cough*

~ Getting cringe reactions when you see a RAINBOW means you have issues. ~

"This World is an Illussion,Exile" -High Templar Dominus

#11 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

Heh, THAT team of GIs almost got me, but thanks to Morales' piercing shot, I was just able to avoid being hunted down. It was one of those rare missions I could beat on the... second try at least. Or one and a half, because my first try was "ohey, I can control Morales *eaten by dog* *tableflip*".

Imo that was a well made mission, I liked how it was kind of two missions in one. The only thing I disliked was that the start of the mission is super hard with the constant paradrop spam unless you have an insane amounts of flak troopers in the back.

Most of the problematic missions for me are the commando missions, where you can't build a base. I think they can be unfairly hard without saving/loading, because you can't have the saving grace of just rebuilding your lost units.

Edited by Solais, 01 December 2013 - 09:56 PM.

#12 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:33 PM

I will be even more paranoic in future when it comes to critical units in missions :p

Then Singularity will be your favourite, where you have 3 Critical Units and all of them must be used. :p

#13 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:39 PM

Also remember guys: if there is a mission where you have to control a hero (which is considered as critical unit) then it is good if you do things step by step because you never know what will happen. :p And beware of the kennels!

#14 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  • Projects:YR Argentina Webmaster
  •  Since April 2011
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:YR Argentina

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:48 PM

...SERIOUSLY? Your campaign map designer is a bastard first class, and that's a compliment :p Although some kind of hind might be useful perhaps.

That and others backstabbers also made a Panic Cycle, Moonlight, Dragonstorm, Unshakeable and other missions which you will retry over fifty times... you should really check them out :D

Edited by Martinoz, 01 December 2013 - 10:50 PM.

7fqd2Qz.png

#15 RP.

RP.

Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 447 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega 3.0
  •  Mental Omega Mission Coder

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:16 PM

You are most welcome, Dutchy!

Posted Image

FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor ™

Mental Omega mission coder

#16 Black/Brunez

Black/Brunez

Title? What title?

• Project Team
  • 1,262 posts
  •  Mentalmeister - Random Annoying Guy

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:27 AM

That and others backstabbers also made a Panic Cycle, Moonlight, Dragonstorm, Unshakeable and other missions which you will retry over fifty times... you should really check them out :D

You forgot Singularity and Human Shield :p

#17 sylergcs

sylergcs
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:46 AM

After just playing allied mission 4, i would say the map needs more Power up crates for the 2 marines you start with very easy to lose them both cos of the low life and the shere ammount of turrets and AA tanks they have to contend with.

#18 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:21 AM

IIRC Tzivils aren't very big threat against Rocketeers in that mission because of the autoheal of Rocketeers. For SEALs... you have to be careful with them. :D

After reading this, I tried the mission again and found that taking down the Tzivils are not that hard with Rocketeers. After finally passing that one point I was stuck on always, I got to here:

d6j0YCVs.jpg

This is just impossible...

#19 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:27 AM

You'd need to get into the base which is south of that SEAL. It is guarded by Sentry Guns, but..

Spoiler

#20 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  • Projects:YR Argentina Webmaster
  •  Since April 2011
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:YR Argentina

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:30 AM

IMO this mission should be back to the "old" release where there weren't so much kiting Tsivils with abusing the autoheal and it was possible to destroy a Sentry Gun by a single SEAL.

Edited by Martinoz, 02 December 2013 - 09:34 AM.

7fqd2Qz.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users